Verified Expert in Product Management
Dominik believes that a strong passion for life comes with seeking out challenges, knowledge, and new experiences every day—both personally and professionally—to develop independence, spur intellectual freedom, and embolden creativity. As a product management consultant, he propels businesses to build better, sustainable product lines that benefit their brand and their vision for the future.
- Introduced Shape Up to increase product and software development efficiency.
- Coached internal product teams on a one-on-one basis and in group workshops.
- Led team of operations, customer service, legal, and IT setting up organizational and technical measures to ensure data protection compliance avoiding a shutdown or considerable fines.
Product Management Consultant
- Worked as a project lead optimizing the client's prepaid tech stack which minimized release downtimes by 65%.
- Analyzed the call scenarios of more than three million telecommunication customers before and during a migration.
- Wrote specifications for the target system with an implementation budget of more than €2 million.
- Identified, approached, and interviewed more than 40 mall operators, retailers, and industry experts.
- Compiled a 65-page research report and facilitated strategic decisions.
Senior Product Manager
- Oversaw the German and Chinese web and mobile shop.
- Set up processes for requirements, tests, and releases enabling double the monthly releases.
- Led the release of the Chinese mobile website and the Aptamil Reservation Service.
- Led a change in management in the transition from a project-based to a product-based organization. Defined Holacracy-inspired roles to clarify accountabilities inside the product team.
- Defined eight standardized, combinable products out of the former project portfolio reducing complexity, decreasing customer decision time from months to weeks/days.
- Introduced market-driven pricing to identify customers using the platform strategically.
- Trained sales team presenting product portfolio at SMBs and multinational corporations.
- Managed the product portfolio targeted at strategic purchasers.
- Visited around three customers per month, understanding their product use and needs (e.g. procurement workflows, ERP systems, logistics setups).
- Developed roadmaps and planned the execution as the product owner of a ten-person Scrum team (e.g., link features of new catalog management from the current version to get early feedback).
- Optimized internal processes to lower customer acquisition and connection costs.
- Transformed the organization to support systematic product development.
- Worked with the IT department to implement agile software development processes.
Creating a Product Organization
Transformed a project into a product organization by defining standardized products that were sold in a scalable way.
In cooperation with legal, sales, project management, and operations departments, I created standard products with easy-to-understand product descriptions. The products could be booked separately or combined for a deeper integration.
This led to a massive decrease in acquisition and onboarding time and cost and allowed the company to massively increase sales.
Conducted interviews with Indian mall operators, retailers, and industry experts and drafted a minimum viable product.
I was flown to Bangalore and Chennai and used cold approaches to get in touch with the managers of several malls and mall developers. After learning about the problems those mall developers face, I could then validate that there is a need for the product.
Made sure the client‘s chatbot system was compliant with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
I coordinated the client‘s data protection, operations, and IT teams to assess the system, fix technical issues, and set up all of the necessary processes to ensure full compliance.
Post-merger Integration of a Telecommunications Provider
Largest European customer migration project at the time.
Completed a Language Class in Vietnamese
University of Social Sciences and Humanities - Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering and Management
Technische Universität München - Munich, Germany
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Technische Universität München - Munich, Germany
Certificate of Intermediate Chinese in Mandarin Chinese
Tongji University - Shanghai, China
HSK 5 (Advanced Chinese)
Hanban, Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China
DELF 2nd Degré (Intermediate French)
Républice Française, Ministère de l'Éducation Nationale
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring