Innovation Expert and Investor-Readiness Coach2019 - PRESENTEuropean Commission
- Transformed technology-focused companies to adopt market-orientated, traction-seeking management and Agile operations extended beyond development teams.
- Coached on the necessity of market segmentation, associated issue identification, and the elaboration of the value proposition. Reoriented value propositions following assumption eliminations.
- Guided the evaluation and validation pricing elasticity for value propositions with consequent business modeling and financial-planning elaboration.
- Adapted business planning to tasks, deliverables, and the milestone approach for securing investment funding to better foresee the company's valorization evolution.
- Completed evaluations of consortium-research proposals with validations through the feasibility and leadership of work packages and the complementarity of consortium partners.
Product Strategist2020 - 2022Large Cacao Producer (Toptal Assignment)
- Ideated remote monitoring solutions with the objective of improving field knowledge while ensuring adoption and participation by plantation workers.
- Elaborated on the mobile application for plantation workers for data generation while ensuring its use was not inhibited by a sense of a big brother surveillance tool.
- Associated satellite and drone imagery for scheduled monitoring of plantations and their environment.
- Established regular incoming data flows from (image analysis, sensor data, human data) used to optimize work assignments resulting in improved reactivity (pest and disease) and productivity (health on plantations, optimized use of land).
Coach2020 - 2022Disruptors.ai
- Implemented milestones to a product roadmap, improving focus on rapid revenue, interaction with and adaptability to market, efficient use of resources, and visibility on the evolution of the company's valorization for investors.
- Led teams to create single-variable evaluation MVPs. Reviewed and eliminated main outstanding assumptions through rapid MVP iterations that translated into traction validations and factual data for financial planning.
- Managed teams across multiple departments to adopt Agile and Lean methodologies through demonstrative leadership, benefiting individual and group results.
Managing Director2018 - 2022Mapgage
- Extended SaaS project-subscription revenue (factor 10) through network effect from the existing user base.
- Collaborated with city administrations (Rotterdam, Dordrecht, and The Hague) to build digitization practices, integrating geographically distributed field operations.
- Delivered digital transformation SaaS through incremental milestones, ensuring measurable results, adequacy with requirements, and most importantly, solution adoption by users.
- Implemented a digital-transformation solution that delivered significant ROI to customers, ranging from 10 to 25 times within one year.
- Conceptualized with the city of Rotterdam to deliver a platform that integrates data verification and management of more than 1,000 IoT sensors placed throughout the city by the municipality engineers.
Product Manager2021 - 2021SAGE Publishing (Toptal assignment)
- Performed the market research and product discovery for a global academic publisher where my research results demonstrated a split in their traditional market segment. New segment definitions put forward new needs and product opportunities.
- Delivered a product vision with incremental milestones that would serve a total market fit as evolving towards a platform and needed change management of client operations. Two of the three milestones were validated by client executives.
- Elaborated business modeling, effort allocations, and financial forecasts.
Consultant and Coach2012 - 2018Freelance
- Transformed a striving B2B automotive distributor by shifting over 50% of the existing sales activities online, resulting in an over 20% net margin.
- Demonstrated the principle of tokenization as a crowdfunding equivalent for a B2B platform.
- Drove the creation of a trustee service for the protection of smart city sensors from vendor lock-in.
CEO2010 - 2012Seagull Security
- Ideated and validated an industry-disruptive solution through successive MVPs and prototyping.
- Reached strong sales traction on MVPs alone within a few months of initial product definition.
- Reached CEM certifications, industrialization, and commercialization 12 months after MVP validations.
- Generated €1 million in sales revenue within six months through international distribution partners.
- Received a purchase offer for the technology and IP by an industry giant, following a €1 million sales within six months. The transaction resulted in more than a 300% ROI for investors.
Co-founder, COO, and Board Member2003 - 2011Vision SAS
- Proposed a disruptive approach to OCR to maximize single character recognition. Led a team of academic researchers to generate the consequent algorithm.
- Managed agile product management with MVP development involving extensive user validations for disruptive technology.
- Conducted international product development (Germany, Brazil, Bulgaria, France) international sales distribution on European and American continents.
- Awarded EPO (European Patent Office) Top 3 Patent of the Year title.
Head of Technology and Marketing2001 - 2002Christofle
- Integrated the ERP from POS to factories resulting in improved production planning through sales analysis.
- Developed B2B and B2C eCommerce platforms, an internal customer portfolio, and a CRM platform for Christofle shops.
- Built internal business units around B2B and B2C eCommerce websites and a CRM for the shop platforms.
- Achieved direct cost cuttings of €1 million yearly while improving overall marketing efficiency.
Business Development Director1999 - 2001Aucland QXL
- Elaborated the strategic development roadmap through geographic extension and service level quality improvement through partnerships.
- Extended the auction platform into European markets with associated language, legal, and team setups.
- Secured rapid growth hacking of geographical and vertical segments through strategic partnerships.
- Scaled a French auction platform into a prominent actor of the European market through geographic and product expansions.
- Reached 40% of the European online auction market share in two years.
Co-founder1997 - 1999Enchere Online
- Steered to the third-largest auction website in France within a year through constant market fit monitoring.
- Disrupted the online auction industry by conciliating traditional classifieds and auction principles.
- Created a solution with daily editorial updates using the benefits of time zones.
- Acquired by Aucland QXL at a valuation of FF 50 million after 18 months.