Verified Expert in Product Management
Jeremy has spent 20 years building solutions to complex problems in multiple industries as a technical and product leader. Proficient in the full product development lifecycle, he believes every stage begins with an empathetic understanding of the context and ecosystems in which users live. Jeremy leverages his diverse technical and business background to communicate with all types of stakeholders and get hands-on as necessary (e.g., coding, prototyping, wireframing, creating marketing assets).
Product Management Consultant
- Developed the lifecycle/retention marketing strategy for a real estate startup client. The project included strategy/vision, roadmap, technology planning, and technical implementation using tools such as HubSpot and Segment.
- Worked with the data science and engineering teams at a Fortune 500 consumer products company on a consumer insights platform for multi-channel customer activation.
- Mapped data and functionality from the previous to the new system as the implementation consultant for a digital product content platform. Liaised between client and customer resources, organized issues and user stories, and documented key processes.
- Worked with a national consumer services company to develop internal training, including LMS evaluation/selection, evaluation and selection of technologies for authoring interactive content, integration, and project management.
Head of Product and Technology
- Managed product, technology, marketing, and customer success for a startup providing the first experiential learning network for legal and business professionals. Core Platforms: Azure, SQL Server, .NET, HubSpot.
- Performed a competitive analysis and conducted market research, including market segmentation and strategy.
- Created a content marketing strategy including SEO analysis, topic coverage mapping, and multimedia (video, blog, article, webinar, infographic) production.
- Launched an MVP and iterated based on market feedback.
- Instrumented product using Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, Hotjar, and custom application event tracking.
- Developed partnerships including prospect list, outreach, economics, and negotiation.
- Built enterprise, channel, and direct pricing models.
- Created and edited hands-on video and written content.
- Developed OKRs, user stories, managed the backlog, created sprint plans, and managed the agile development process.
- Integrated custom application development with multiple platforms (LMS, video hosting, analytics, and so on).
Vice President | Technology Strategy and Legal Affairs
- Developed a technology roadmap (mainly Microsoft stack: SQL Server, .NET, IIS in managed hosting environment).
- Led the launch of a consumer-facing account management product (app and website) using agile processes.
- Designed a software development lifecycle process.
- Established an in-house legal function and processes/procedures.
- Drafted and negotiated contracts with customers, vendors, partners, consultants, and employees.
- Planned and executed major product releases and designed a process for continuous releases.
- Onboarded new enterprise clients and converted data from legacy systems to Innovest data structures.
- Led, as a technical product manager, a number of internal initiatives to improve the software deployment process and internal tools.
Director of ASP Technology
- Created a product and technology roadmap including integrations and technology upgrades.
- Managed the SDLC for all OrderMotion products (a SaaS platform for eCommerce order management).
- Managed the BA, development, infrastructure, QA, and deployment teams in New York, Toronto, and Paris.
- Designed and implemented a new integration and workflow engine.
- Led the technology upgrade from legacy code to a .NET platform.
Senior Developer | Team Lead | Technical Product Manager
- Spearheaded the technical product management of an industry-first joint book-running platform for IPOs.
- Led multiple releases of the debt-issuance product (budget, schedules, technology, and functionality roadmap).
- Headed up a major application redesign including the new security architecture, modular menu/component system, and BI functionality.
- Designed and built, as a senior developer, the roadshow scheduling and management functionality.
Product Manager | Technical Team Lead
- Worked with clients to develop specifications for custom web applications.
- Led cross-functional teams consisting of development and QA engineers; also determined the scope and planned project resources, budgets, and timelines.
- Managed client testing and acceptance, interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
Joint Book-running Platform
Led technical product management and development of the first joint book-running platform for IPOs.
Experiential Education Platformhttp://altaclaro.com
Launched the first online experiential-learning platform for legal professionals and led the product development and marketing (Azure, SQL Server, .NET, HubSpot, LMS).
Lifecycle and Retention Marketing Strategy
Created the lifecycle and retention marketing strategy for a real estate client.
Health and Wellness Client
Created the strategy and implemented the major upgrade of marketing functionality for a health and wellness client.
Artist Publishing Platform
Led initiative to upgrade financial dashboard UX and functionality (customer-facing and internal).
Onboarding and Implementation Consultancy for a Digital Product Content Platform
Led technical product management of new client implementation, including mapping of data and functionality to new system.
Product Management Consultancy for a Consumer Insights Platform
Led the development of a roadmap and product management processes for a high-profile consumer insights platform driven by data science.
Training Platform for a Services Company
Worked with a national consumer services company to develop internal training, including LMS evaluation/selection, evaluation and selection of technologies for authoring interactive content, integration, and project management.
Maintained 6% MoM growth while leading growth team for Academia.edu, a B2C EdTech company that allows anyone to share research.
As the head of the growth team, I developed and maintained a backlog of growth ideas, working with an engineering lead to execute A/B tests up and down the funnel (e.g., SEO, email marketing, signup funnels, premium upgrade funnels, on-site upsells, checkout optimization).
Over a 6-month period, growth team initiatives were responsible for 4-8% MoM growth in new subscriptions.
Juris Doctorate (JD) Degree in Law
University of Denver - Denver, CO, USA
Master or Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Corporate Finance, Entrepreneurship
New York University - New York, NY, USA
Master of Fine Arts (MFA) Degree in Creative Writing
New York University - New York, NY, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, MI, USA
HubSpot CMS for Marketers Certified
Contextual Marketing Certified
HubSpot Marketing Software Certified
HubSpot Design Certified
Inbound Marketing Certified
New York State Unified Court System