Verified Expert in Product Management
Maureen is a creative, user-focused, and data-driven product and digital strategy leader with over ten years of experience at companies such as Starbucks, Rover, and Wayfair, and with early and mid-stage startups. She marries enterprise goals, user insights, and data to deliver tangible results across the product lifecycle, including product strategy, roadmapping, implementation, and iteration. Maureen has extensive experience as an individual contributor and leader of PM teams.
Polaris Growth Fund
- Provided support, guidance, and thought partnership to remarkable entrepreneurs and teams as part of PGF's Strategic Acceleration Team.
- Advised and partnered with B2B SaaS portfolio company CEOs, COOs, CPOs, and CMO on growth, marketing, and product management strategy and execution.
- Developed marketing and product management playbooks to support portfolio companies in implementing best practices related to marketing reporting and attribution, product development processes, and product road mapping.
University of Washington
- Developed an online project management course for the Master of Public Health (MPH) program at UW School of Public Health.
- Taught the project management course to online MPH students.
- Mentored students in the Master of Science in Entrepreneurship program at the Foster School of Business.
Founder and Managing Partner
Acacia Growth & Impact Consulting
- Led the development and GTM for Sunny, a competitive intelligence platform for growth marketers.
- Researched, designed, tested, and scaled the new user-facing pricing and packaging strategy for a digital gaming company.
- Functioned as interim VP of Product for a healthtech social enterprise, building product strategy and execution processes, mentoring PMs, and leading recruitment.
- Created the loyalty program strategy and product roadmap for a well-known CPG company.
- Interviewed customers and stakeholders, analyzed data, and leveraged loyalty platform capabilities to determine prioritization and resource requirements.
VP, Product & Marketing
Osmosis (acquired by Elsevier)
- Developed and implemented product and marketing roadmaps, driving 75% YoY growth via improvements to pricing and packaging, user onboarding, core product features and functionality, and marketing optimization.
- Built a high-performing digital team, including marketers, product managers, user researchers, and UX designers.
- Established business and communication rhythms with investors, board members, and internal stakeholders.
Director of Product Management
- Propelled significant year-over-year revenue growth by leading a team of front-end PMs to deliver user growth and retention across web, mobile web, and app.
- Increased conversion rates by over 20% after spearheading the revamp of a complex, enterprise-critical user signup and onboarding funnel that had gone awry.
- Decreased the bounce rate and boosted searches and bookings after revamping the Rover.com homepage with the UX leader.
- Led partnerships with engineering and UX teams to implement new resourcing, prioritization, and sprint planning processes.
- Built the company’s first product operations team to focus on offline tests and inform product prioritization decisions.
- Spearheaded multi-million dollar digital transformation of Starbucks app, which extended personalized marketing to four million additional loyalty members and drove over $24 million of incremental revenue in year one.
- Managed the innovation for loyalty-related tech stack, including the proprietary personalization platform that doubled the revenue.
- Led high-priority projects that introduced personalized offers and recommendations into the Starbucks app, dramatically improving the loyalty program unit economics.
Senior Category Manager
- Managed $40 million worth of Wayfair’s business in a top strategic category, including improving COGS by over 150 basis points quarterly and growing direct revenue by 73% year-over-year.
- Boosted engagement and conversion by collaborating with UX and merchandising teams to test new UI/UX approaches for the category, vendor, and product details pages.
- Developed the roadmap to revamp Wayfair's wedding registry program.
Innovation and Delivery of a Competitive Intelligence Platform
Led the design, development, and GTM for Sunny, a tool that notifies growth marketers when their competition launches new ads.
I was engaged by Five Four Ventures, a venture incubator, as an entrepreneur in residence to take Sunny from zero to one. I led the development and rollout of the beta product, then leveraged data and user insights to build the requirements for our MVP. Leading a team of front-end and back-end engineers and a UX designer, I built and launched the Sunny MVP in May 2022.
Homepage Revamp of Rover.comhttps://www.rover.com/
Improved key metrics by redesigning the Rover.com homepage in collaboration with the UI/UX leader.
Our stakeholder, user, and data research and analysis guided the homepage redesign with insights, including the need for:
• User testimonials to build trust,
• A more straightforward search bar,
• Content to showcase our domain authority,
• Personalization by customer type and country, and
• A different experience for returning users.
We created a "north star" vision for the homepage and a roadmap for getting there. Phase one of that roadmap significantly reduced the homepage bounce rate and delivered higher search and conversion rates.
Personalization for Starbucks Rewards Loyalty Programhttps://www.geekwire.com/2016/starbucks-using-artificial-intelligence-connect-customers-boost-sales/
Enabled individualized offers and recommendations across digital channels by developing a net-new personalization platform for the loyalty program.
As the Starbucks product lead for formation, a joint venture between Starbucks and BCG, I collaborated with data scientists, engineers, and designers to build an AI-driven personalization platform that leveraged collaborative filtering models to provide truly 1:1 offers and recommendations to loyalty program members. I also adapted specific offers deployed via email only for the mobile app experience. Together, these efforts delivered over $24 million of incremental revenue during year one.
New User Signup and Onboarding Funnelhttps://www.rover.com/become-a-sitter/
Increased conversion rates by over 20% by leading a significant investment to build a new, enterprise-critical user signup and onboarding funnel.
After considerable user research, including prototyping, and extensive collaboration with our engineering team, we developed a solution and requirements that would improve conversion without adversely impacting quality, namely simplifying several parts of the funnel and creating a more intuitive user experience. We also ensured that the new funnel was extensible to Rover's new international markets. After six months of complex work, we launched the new funnel that boosted conversion rates by over 20% and improved applicant quality.
Master's Degree in Development Economics
The Fletcher School at Tufts University - Medford, MA
Master's Degree in Business Administration
Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth - Hanover, NH
Bachelor's Degree in Political Science
University of Washington - Seattle, WA
Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring