Verified Expert in Product Management
Wouter is a highly motivated, versatile, and skilled CTO with demonstrated software design and delivery expertise, covering large-scale cloud services, mobile apps, and on-premise software. He has the ability to identify and drive strategic programs from inception to launch and thrives in collaborative, team-oriented, and ambiguous environments. Wouter has excellent interpersonal skills and is a passionate, creative, and dedicated professional.
Owner and CTO
My Daily Bits LLC
- Designed and implemented a consumer mobile health app.
- Delivered over 10 million downloads at a 4.5-star review average.
- Implemented an A/B testing-based experimentation platform to improve several KPIs, including downloads, ratings, conversion to a paid subscription, and retention.
- Managed design, development, analytics, hiring, marketing, and the business in general.
- Implemented engineering and management processes to speed up application development, increase productivity, and maintain quality.
- Hired and managed design, engineering, and data analytics functions.
- Implemented experimentation-based software development practices that reduced the cost of user acquisition by 83%.
Keel Solutions LLC
- Interviewed, hired, and managed a team of high-quality engineers. Structured design, review, and development processes.
- Took the product from concept through detailed design and implementation. The product includes both web applications and mobile applications.
- Delivered a high-quality and user-friendly product, accompanied by a marketing website and go-to marketing strategy.
Senior Product Manager
Vascular and Interventional Physician Partners LLC
- Streamlined development processes. Improved engineering efficiency and requirements management. Collaborated with business teams from throughout the organization, including sales, scheduling, invoicing, and the medical team.
- Trained and mentored an engineering team with product, project, design, and engineering.
- Implemented a dynamic, fast, and reliable financial reporting and KPI management portal with multiple software integrations.
Senior Product Manager
- Managed the product roadmap and software pipeline with three technical product managers, three development managers, and 44 engineers.
- Initiated and drove several strategic initiatives designed to increase market share and customer satisfaction. Coordinated with product management, engineering, marketing, support, and professional services.
- Enabled sales and marketing, internal and partner professional services organizations, and customer documentation.
- Managed vendor relations for OEM-ed third-party software and services.
- Implemented AI and machine learning-based productivity features.
- Improved development processes to increase predictability and software quality.
- Designed and delivered a new iOS app, including industry-leading UX, performance, and application deployment and management.
- Realized several premium modules for advanced prospect analysis and document generation.
- Improved product performance by 83% in key areas by implementing development process changes, and small, medium, and large application improvements.
Senior Program Manager
- Revolutionized SharePoint online service management—identified, planned, designed, and delivered enterprise-class data-center monitoring, diagnostics, manual and automated issue recovery, as well as on-call rotation management solutions.
- Implemented and employed usage instrumentation and big data analysis, stakeholder and requirement management, investment prioritization, feature design, and high-level architecture.
- Managed solution roll-out, presentations, newsletters, marketing collateral, and portal development. Performed cross-organizational coordination and VP-level strategy reviews.
- Enabled automated investigation and problem resolution (reduced service outages from days of SLA missed to less than 15 minutes recovery time).
- Delivered FISMA and a Chinese-government, compliant service-management software.
- Managed the development of front-office internet application in an MS content management system and SharePoint 2003 portal system environment.
- Refined intake and development on a procedural level: project initiation, planning, and controlling.
- Reviewed and approved business requirements, specifications, and technical designs.
- Collaborated with business managers and engineers to build consensus around architectural solutions.
- Implemented a customer-facing front end system for a major insurance company.
- Oversaw team SharePoint implementation for a multi-national company.
- Led a project to create a cross-departmental knowledge management system for a global investment bank.
- Performed extensive coding in Microsoft .NET (C#, ASP.NET) in a web-based environment; designed and reviewed high-level architecture and the design of solution components.
- Communicated with the business to identify high-level and detailed requirements.
- Directed a team of on-site and offshore developers and led them through all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Led projects from concept through completion; liaised with project managers, business stakeholders, QA, and other team members.
- Designed and implemented marketing collateral management, and template-based advertising publishing portal for Mitsubishi, Nissan, MG Rover, Citroen, and Profile Tire Center.
- Implemented complex technical solutions, prototyped visual configuration tool and website for asset movement display, and designed middle-tier framework for flexible architecture usable on servers worldwide.
- Produced several retail data analysis tools, a Unix to Windows software conversion tool, and an asset management website.
- Designed and developed software products for retail.
Masters of Scale Mobile Apphttp://www.mastersofscale.com
As a de-facto CTO for the organization, I implemented a program of improvements to the UX and engineering practices and designed and delivered analytics processes and capabilities that helped the company significantly improve on all these measures.
The project was primarily a mobile project, but I also managed some of their website projects and deliverables.
Keel Web Product and Mobile Apphttp://www.keelapp.com
Led the design, development, and implementation of this brand new software product.
I was involved with the project from inception to launch. Also, I worked with the owner of the company to qualify the business plan, implementation strategy, technical and functional requirements, and to hire the various teams that made it happen.
Through his long experience, I was able to guide the team, the founder, and the product to a successful launch.
Consumer Mobile Application
Led the design and development of a consumer mobile application that has been downloaded over seven million times, and consistently receives five-star reviews.
I started with a vision, and turned the project into a profitable enterprise, through design team management, business and technical requirement analyses, and development team management.
Improved Web Product Performance by 665%
Significantly improved software performance for an on-premise and cloud- based software product.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology and Philosophy
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam - Amsterdam, the Netherlands