Verified Expert in Engineering
Asma is a software engineer with five years of experience specializing in web and mobile app development. She's worked on multiple critical and sensitive governmental projects and delivered high-quality apps with 225,000+ users. You can rely on her attention to detail and her ability to stretch and work outside her comfort zone, whatever the project. Asma is passionate about her field and enjoys learning cutting-edge technologies and leveraging them to get the best product possible.
Windows, GitHub, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Android Studio, Firebase, Microsoft SQL Server, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Postman, MUI (Material UI)
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is an Android app called Kuwait Finder. It is ranked as a top map-&-navigation app in Kuwait since its third version launch in 2019.
Senior Android Engineer
- Worked on an ongoing project with three different apps and was able to accomplish milestones within the first month.
- Revamped the main app and worked on improving its architecture and migrating the legacy code to use new components and follow hot trends.
- Took on new features that enriched the app and made it more appealing to a new audience.
GIS Application Engineer
Openware Information System Consulting Company
- Developed version 3.x of an Android mapping-and-navigation app specific to Kuwait. Soon after the launch, it became a top map-and-navigation app in Kuwait with 228,000 users (currently) and the app's average rating increased to 4.6/5.
- Implemented web and Android modules in an incident management system; these modules simplified the work of first responders.
- Built an Android app for Kuwait University that has indoor routing, which helps students and faculty members find their way around the campus.
- Developed an Android app for contact tracing using both Bluetooth and GPS tracking.
- Worked on a Node.js server to provide an API for the employee management system.
- Delivered a web application for managing employees and their working locations. The app was used by the company to manage its outsourced employees and monitor their attendance using their geographical location.
- Revamped, in two weeks, an Android app that did not function properly and made it usable; also fixed the bugs that caused it to crash excessively. Due to the requirements, I did all this without replacing the original codebase.
- Tested thoroughly a smart cart's Android app; I physically went to a shopping center to make sure the app was working properly.
- Implemented new features of the Android app installed in the smart cart and also maintained it.
- Improved the logic behind product validation by implementing an algorithm that would detect theft using individual product weight and the overall weight of the cart.
- Developed a single-page web app that helps restaurant employees take orders, manage stock, manage the menu, oversee branches, regulate employees, and generate reports.
- Managed the communication line between the business owner and development team.
- Oversaw the hosting service and deployment of the web app.
- Set up the thermal receipt printers and deployed the Windows services used to detect and print new orders placed to a specific branch.
Kuwait Finder App
This was a new challenge for me because, at that time, I had no prior knowledge of the Kotlin programming language and I was still learning Android development. This project showcases my fast learning capabilities and the high-quality work I can produce.
I was the sole developer for this Android application. Its high quality and new features helped increase the app's average rating to 4.6 in the Play Store. It is used by more than 228,000 users and is ranked as a top map-&-navigation app in Kuwait since its version 3.x launch in 2019.
MUI (Material UI), Android SDK, Flutter, Express.js, Laravel 5, Bootstrap
HERE Maps API, REST APIs, React, Polymer, Node.js, Protobuf
GitHub, Android Studio, Microsoft Teams, Postman, Git, Android Jetpack, Slack, IBM Watson, Kibana, Logstash
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Testing, Responsive Web Design (RWD), REST
Windows, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Firebase, Android
ArcGIS API, Teams, Web Development, Front-end, Data Structures, Algorithms, APIs, Back-end, Responsive UI, Responsive Design, Back-end Development, Full-stack, Sensor Data, WebSockets, Chatbots, Networking, Cryptography, Privacy
Microsoft SQL Server, NoSQL, Cloud Firestore, MySQL, Elasticsearch
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology and Computing
Arab Open University - Kuwait City, Kuwait