Senior Android Engineer2021 - PRESENTOnyxCorp, Inc
Technologies: Java, Android Studio, Android, Protobuf, Git, Networking, Cryptography, Rust, Go, Kotlin, Android SDK, Privacy, APIs, Front-end, Android Jetpack
- Worked on an ongoing project with three different apps and was able to accomplish milestones within the first month.
- Revamped the main app and worked on improving its architecture and migrating the legacy code to use new components and follow hot trends.
- Took on new features that enriched the app and made it more appealing to a new audience.
GIS Application Engineer2016 - 2022Openware Information System Consulting Company
- Developed version 3.x of an Android mapping-and-navigation app specific to Kuwait. Soon after the launch, it became a top map-and-navigation app in Kuwait with 228,000 users (currently) and the app's average rating increased to 4.6/5.
- Implemented web and Android modules in an incident management system; these modules simplified the work of first responders.
- Built an Android app for Kuwait University that has indoor routing, which helps students and faculty members find their way around the campus.
- Developed an Android app for contact tracing using both Bluetooth and GPS tracking.
- Worked on a Node.js server to provide an API for the employee management system.
- Delivered a web application for managing employees and their working locations. The app was used by the company to manage its outsourced employees and monitor their attendance using their geographical location.
Android Developer2021 - 2021Freelance
Technologies: Android, Java, Testing, Sensor Data, Android Studio, Windows, Firebase, Postman, REST APIs, Android SDK, APIs, Front-end, Android Jetpack
- Revamped, in two weeks, an Android app that did not function properly and made it usable; also fixed the bugs that caused it to crash excessively. Due to the requirements, I did all this without replacing the original codebase.
- Tested thoroughly a smart cart's Android app; I physically went to a shopping center to make sure the app was working properly.
- Implemented new features of the Android app installed in the smart cart and also maintained it.
- Improved the logic behind product validation by implementing an algorithm that would detect theft using individual product weight and the overall weight of the cart.
Web Developer2020 - 2021Freelance
- Developed a single-page web app that helps restaurant employees take orders, manage stock, manage the menu, oversee branches, regulate employees, and generate reports.
- Managed the communication line between the business owner and development team.
- Oversaw the hosting service and deployment of the web app.
- Set up the thermal receipt printers and deployed the Windows services used to detect and print new orders placed to a specific branch.