Avaaj is a software engineer with 8+ years of professional experience. He specializes in the Flutter ecosystem and Firebase packages and has developed, delivered, and published 50+ applications with excellent ratings and millions of happy users. Avaaj is an accomplished freelancer and frequent contributor to the open-source community. His industry experience is backed by a bachelor's degree in computer science.
ExperienceFlutter - 7 yearsFirebase - 7 yearsVisual Studio Code (VS Code) - 7 yearsDart - 6 yearsTypeScript - 5 yearsStripe - 3 yearsNode.js - 3 yearsExpress.js - 3 years
Dart, Flutter, MongoDB, Express.js, Node.js, React, React Native, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Xcode, Android Studio
The most amazing...
...application I've worked on was for real estate in Paris with some really smart features that allowed users to manage their properties and related financials.
Senior Mobile Engineer
- Restructured the mobile codebase with state-of-the-art tools and frameworks.
- Designed a framework to generate a series of question screens using a JSON value from the back end.
- Collaborated with the team to improve the mobile application's performance and implemented complete offline support for the technicians in the field.
- Co-developed an education product that helped 10,000+ students find and gain admission to various faculties and high schools.
- Took part in building an election results application that shared information on Nepal's election with 100,000+ users.
- Assisted a team in developing and releasing an online taxi-hailing service with location tracking, digital payment, and ride booking features.
- Developed and migrated a social networking application from AWS to Firebase, which reduced server costs and increased the reliability and scalability of the application.
- Implemented an unprecedented UI on Flutter that allowed users to spin a wheel to check comments on posts. This UI was for Muzdo, an app that helped users find people based on similar interests.
- Developed ConsensusFX, an application that opened a poll question to predict the exchange rate between various currencies at the end of the week.
[Toptal Projects] Sr. Flutter Developer for Early-stage Project
The Forward Thinking Company, LLC.
- Supported the team with a Typescript-based backend system for handling GPS pings from the delivery trucks.
- Worked on Google Maps SDK and its algorithms to optimize the routes for long-haul deliveries.
- Oversaw the project's Logistics module and maintained the feature's integrity.
Senior Frontend Engineer
- Designed and implemented the user interface for the mobile application using Flutter, a modern and popular mobile app development framework.
- Worked collaboratively with the blockchain developer to ensure compatibility and efficiency between the frontend and the backend.
- Integrated the mobile app with the blockchain backend using appropriate APIs and libraries, such as agent_dart or agent_auth, to perform transactions and queries on the blockchain.
- Implemented appropriate security measures to protect user data and transactions, such as encryption and secure communication protocols.
- Optimized the mobile app performance and user experience, using techniques such as code splitting, lazy loading, and caching.
Chief Technical Officer
Brainants Technology Pvt Ltd
- Developed 10+ international and local projects, focusing primarily on mobile workforce management and field tracking solutions.
- Designed and developed a stock market mobile application for my country, which has 100,000 daily active users.
- Created a culture of test-driven development with clean code architecture.
- Introduced lots of automation to the software development process to avoid redundant manual tasks using tools like GitHub Actions, Netlify deployments, GitLab pipelines, Codemagic, and fastlane.
Senior Mobile Engineer
SnowM Inc. (operating as Stratosfy)
- Led a team of five developers to develop a suite of enterprise applications that allowed janitors to track their field work.
- Worked on a back-end portal that visualized janitors' locations in the field to ensure accurate visits to customers' locations.
- Designed and developed a complete offline mobile solution that tracked janitors' moments inside customers' locations using iBeacon, a Bluetooth Low Energy technology.
- Played an active role in onboarding the biggest janitorial company in Canada to the field tracking software solution.
Senior Software Engineer
Brainants Technology Pvt Ltd
- Started the company with little to no resources and built a solid team that could accomplish any technical task and project.
- Worked with the team to develop 10+ projects primarily for mobile using Flutter.
- Used Jira and Bitbucket to manage the tasks and backlogs for projects.
- Worked with a North American company to build and develop a custom Bluetooth scanner that could scan customers' Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices.
- Took part in the development of the biggest telemedicine mobile application in Nepal.
- Developed a full-fledged EPR platform that helped 10+ accounting firms to manage their internal operations.
- Built an application for an international non-governmental organization (INGO) that helped them track child abuse incidents in South Asia.
Spell | A Boiler Plate Code Generator
• Spell can be installed on any machine that has Dart runtime on it.
• It can generate boilerplate code on top of an existing project.
• It's aware of pre-existing code and adapts to it to generate extra boilerplate code on top of it without removing custom logic.
• It's designed in a modular approach, so adding new languages and frameworks is easy.
Stripe Terminal Flutter Packagehttps://pub.dev/packages/stripe_terminal
Flutter, Express.js, React Native, Core Location
Stripe, REST APIs, SendGrid API, Node.js, React, Google Location API, Chai, OpenCV, Google Maps SDK, Google Maps API
Xcode, Android Studio, Git, Bitbucket, GitHub, SendGrid, Firebase Authentication, Agora, Jira, Mocha, Keycloak
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Firebase, Android, iOS, Mobile, DigitalOcean, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Algolia, Twilio, Bluetooth LE
Cloud Firestore, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
Software Development, iBeacon, End-to-end Implementation (E2E), Bluetooth Beacons, Firebase Cloud Functions, Axios, IT Project Management, Data Structures, Operating Systems, System Design, Foreign Function Interfaces (FFI), Forex, Stock Market, Mapbox SDK, Internet Computer, Joi, Codemagic, GitHub Actions, JSON REST APIs, Technical Writing, Portfolio Management, Transportation & Logistics, Motoko, Dfinity
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Tribhuvan University - Kathmandu, Nepal