Verified Expert in Engineering
Gleidson is a highly experienced engineer with solid infrastructure automation architecture, design, development, and orchestration skills. Over the past 20 years, he has been responsible for automating large and complex environments, configuring hardware/network elements, continuously deploying code, and securing/hardening companies. Gleidson also has proven team leadership skills, including supervising, training, and mentoring teams.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift
The most amazing...
...project I'm currently taking part in is the CentOS PaaS Special Interest Group, a project detailed in my portfolio section.
Senior Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Migrated a Ruby on Rails back and front end from Heroku to AWS EKS/RDS/ElastiCache.
- Migrated a bespoke IoT infrastructure in Go to AWS EKS.
- Implemented fleet management using IoT Core and IoT device management.
- Developed a custom ESP32 and ESP8266 firmware for freeRTOS.
- Built a ChatOps bot for Slack using Go over a Kubernetes deployment.
- Implemented Kubernetes deployments using Helm and Helmfile.
- Led a team of six to provide BAU support to production and non-production and built infrastructure-as-code environment management using Terraform and Atlantis.
- Created a deployment management tool in Ruby to help developers migrate from Heroku to AWS.
- Implemented a Traefik edge router to Kubernetes and legacy services.
- Implemented Lacework, Datadog, Sentry, Scout, AlienVault, and LogDNA tools to enhance visibility on the cluster by security, operations, and engineering teams.
Senior Cloud/DevOps Engineer, Azure
- Developed a top to bottom automation solution to provision datacenters in on-premise Azure Stacks using Ansible, Terraform and Azure DevOps.
- Managed other Toptal talents in account for the customer.
- Delivered Java fixes to their back-end solution, using Java, Spring Boot, Jenkins, and JBoss.
- Automated an entire Kubernetes solution using Helm, Helmfile, and Ansible, for Kubernetes 1.17 over Azure Stack (with AKS Engine) and 1.19 on Azure cloud (with AKS).
- Received high-praise from managers for completing the first and second phase of the project, high-level of the solution, and overall expertise among the team.
Acting CISO/Security Expert
Hybrid Labs, LLC
- Planned and implemented security posture for the whole company acting as a chief information security officer (CISO). Created a defense strategy and updated internal and external policies. Performed a security assessment and review.
- Acted as a security consultant, responsible for penetration exercises, endpoint management, and executing security policies as per business strategy. We defined a risk management plan following the CISO strategy.
- Collaborated, as DevSecOps expert, with developers reviewing and automating existing code delivery pipelines and creating new security pipelines.
Peg B Technology
- Migrated legacy Java applications to Kubernetes using Docker, Ansible, and Jenkins.
- Migrated legacy Scala applications to Kubernetes using Docker and Jenkins.
- Secured Kubernetes applications for production usage using OpenShift and Ansible.
- Reviewed a Kubernetes application for PCI-DSS compliance using OpenShift.
- Installed and configured a highly-available OpenShift 3.11 cluster using Ansible.
- Added Prometheus, Elastic, Fluentd, AlienVault and Anchore Engine for providing enhanced visibility to security, operations, and engineering teams.
- Developed custom monitoring dashboards in Prometheus, integrating with Jaeger and Traefik, for enhanced networking monitoring.
- Implemented Traefik with ACME integration for secured edge routing at scale.
Falanx Cyber Technologies
- Created a serverless architecture using Pulumi, Elastic, and Azure Functions.
- Converted an existing AWS serverless architecture to Pulumi using Pulumi, AWS Lambda, and SAM architecture.
- Created a serverless architecture for GCP using Pulumi, Elastic, and Google Cloud Functions.
- Reviewed cloud architecture to improve performance and reduce costs.
- Deployed an enterprise logging solution using OpenShift, Ansible, Elastic, and AWS.
- Developed a bot for Telegram using Knative, Java, Ansible, and OpenShift.
- Developed an integration system between legacy databases and API systems using OpenShift, Fuse, and AWS.
- Installed and configured highly-available OpenShift 3.11 clusters using Ansible.
- Built a CI/CD system for a Python application using AWS CodePipeline, GitHub, Ansible, and AWS Fargate.
Platforms Solution Architect
- Created an event-based application in Golang using Goa.
- Created an automation executor in Golang.
- Created a serverless event-based application on Azure.
- Maintained two production-ready OpenShift clusters, from 3.5 to 3.11.
- Created a reactive front-end application with React.
Lead DevOps Engineer
- Created an environment automation application in Terraform and Ansible.
- Created an environment management application in Express and React.
- Automated a legacy payments system using Ansible.
- Led a team of eight to provide BAU support to non-production and develop a complete CI/CD pipeline using Terraform, Ansible, and Jenkins.
- Developed an API for interacting with an automation stack using Spring Boot.
- Certified our Cloud environment for PCI-DSS in ap-southeast-2.
CentOS PaaS SIG Memberhttps://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/PaaS
Goa.design API Demonstration and Presentationhttps://www.meetup.com/wellington-golang/events/frlxtpyxlbvb/
Goa API Development Articlehttps://www.toptal.com/go/goa-api-development
Example Terraform Module
Infrastructure Performance Benchmarking
We set up Prometheus to collect metrics out of the cluster and developed key applications, and feed to Splunk and Grafana, where dashboards were developed to visualize such information. The dashboards ranged from containing simple information—such as latency or transactions per second—to more complex constructs—such as logged users before nodes failed or sessions left in hanging state.
Azure and GCP Implementation for Project Furnacehttps://furnace.org/
Furnace is a big data project where data scientists can rely on well-defined building blocks for constructing data pipelines with no need to manage the infrastructure.
DevOpsDays Singapore Keynote Speakerhttps://www.devopsdays.org/events/2018-singapore/program/gleidson-nascimento/
DevOpsDays Sydney Keynote Speakerhttps://www.devopsdayssydney.org/agenda/
DevOpsDays Recife Keynote Speakerhttps://devopsdays.org/events/2019-recife/program/gleidson-nascimento
Digital Transformation for Healthcarehttps://www.toptal.com/insights/healthcare/open-talent-digital-transformation
Spring Boot, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Express.js, AngularJS, React Native
Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR), Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), AWS CloudFormation, Amazon EKS, Azure IoT Suite, Microsoft Azure App Service, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Elastic, GoLand, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis CI, TeamCity
Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Deployment, DevOps, Agile Project Management, Functional Programming, Agile, Kanban, Penetration Testing, Azure DevOps
Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS IoT, AWS IoT Core, Azure PaaS, Azure IaaS, OpenShift, Linux, Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes, Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS Cloud Computing Services, Apache Kafka, Docker, Heroku, Drone CI
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, Azure SQL, MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, Redis
Amazon Kinesis, Security, IT Security, IoT Security, IoT Protocols, Security Analysis, Security Groups, Web App Security, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Azure Cloud Server, Pulumi, Internet of Things (IoT), Cloud, APIs, Networks, Shell Scripting, Continuous Monitoring, IT, CISO, Application Security, Information Security, ISO 27001, ISO 27002, Compliance, Customer Success, Analytics, GitFlow, Spanish-English Translation, Azure Stack, Puma, Cloudflare, Electrical Engineering, Web Security
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Universidade of Pernambuco - Recife, Brazil
Diploma in Networking
Cisco Academy - Recife, Brazil
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
Amazon Web Services
Certified OpenShift Administration
Certified Tester Foundation Level