Senior Cloud/DevOps Engineer2019 - PRESENTSpin
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Terraform, Internet of Things (IoT), AWS, Amazon EKS, Go, Ruby, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Puma, TeamCity, Cloudflare
- Migrated a Ruby on Rails back and front end from Heroku to AWS EKS/RDS/ElastiCache.
- Migrated a bespoke IoT infrastructure (in Golang) to AWS EKS.
- Implemented fleet management using IoT Core and IoT Device Management.
- Developed a custom ESP32 and ESP8266 firmware for freeRTOS.
- Developed a ChatOps bot for Slack using Golang over a Kubernetes deployment.
- Implemented Kubernetes deployments using Helm and Helmfile.
- Led a team of six to provide BAU support to production and non-production, and build infrastructure-as-code environment management using Terraform and Atlantis.
- Created a deployment management tool in Ruby to help developers migrate from Heroku to AWS.
- Implemented a Traefik edge router to Kubernetes and legacy services.
- Implemented Lacework, Datadog, Sentry, Scout, AlienVault, and LogDNA tools to enhance visibility on the cluster by security, operations, and engineering teams.
Senior Cloud/DevOps Engineer, Azure2020 - 2021AESSCO
Technologies: Azure, Azure Stack, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Ansible, Terraform, Azure DevOps
- Developed a top to bottom automation solution to provision datacenters in on-premise Azure Stacks using Ansible, Terraform and Azure DevOps.
- Managed other Toptal talents in account for the customer.
- Delivered Java fixes to their back-end solution, using Java, Spring Boot, Jenkins, and JBoss.
- Automated an entire Kubernetes solution using Helm, Helmfile, and Ansible, for Kubernetes 1.17 over Azure Stack (with AKS Engine) and 1.19 on Azure cloud (with AKS).
- Received high-praise from managers for completing the first and second phase of the project, high-level of the solution, and overall expertise among the team.
Experienced DevOps2019 - 2019Peg B Technology
Technologies: Jenkins, Ansible, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Migrated legacy Java applications to Kubernetes using Docker, Ansible, and Jenkins.
- Migrated legacy Scala applications to Kubernetes using Docker and Jenkins.
- Secured Kubernetes applications for production usage using OpenShift and Ansible.
- Reviewed a Kubernetes application for PCI-DSS compliance using OpenShift.
- Installed and configured a highly-available OpenShift 3.11 cluster using Ansible.
- Added Prometheus, Elastic, Fluentd, AlienVault and Anchore Engine for providing enhanced visibility to security, operations, and engineering teams.
- Developed custom monitoring dashboards in Prometheus, integrating with Jaeger and Traefik, for enhanced networking monitoring.
- Implemented Traefik with ACME integration for secured edge routing at scale.
Azure Architect2019 - 2019Falanx Cyber Technologies
- Created a serverless architecture using Pulumi, Elastic, and Azure Functions.
- Converted an existing AWS serverless architecture to Pulumi using Pulumi, AWS Lambda, and SAM architecture.
- Created a serverless architecture for GCP using Pulumi, Elastic, and Google Cloud Functions.
- Reviewed cloud architecture to improve performance and reduce costs.
Senior Consultant2018 - 2019SECTION6
Technologies: Ansible, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Elastic, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift
- Deployed an enterprise logging solution using OpenShift, Ansible, Elastic, and AWS.
- Developed a bot for Telegram using Knative, Java, Ansible, and OpenShift.
- Developed an integration system between legacy databases and API systems using OpenShift, Fuse, and AWS.
- Installed and configured highly-available OpenShift 3.11 clusters using Ansible.
- Built a CI/CD system for a Python application using AWS CodePipeline, GitHub, Ansible, and AWS Fargate.
Platforms Solution Architect2017 - 2018Solnet Solutions
- Created an event-based application in Golang using Goa.
- Created an automation executor in Golang.
- Created a serverless event-based application on Azure.
- Maintained two production-ready OpenShift clusters, from 3.5 to 3.11.
- Created a reactive front-end application with React.
Lead DevOps Engineer2016 - 2017VeriFone
- Created an environment automation application in Terraform and Ansible.
- Created an environment management application in Express and React.
- Automated a legacy payments system using Ansible.
- Led a team of eight to provide BAU support to non-production and develop a complete CI/CD pipeline using Terraform, Ansible, and Jenkins.
- Developed an API for interacting with an automation stack using Spring Boot.
- Certified our Cloud environment for PCI-DSS in ap-southeast-2.