Senior Game Developer2012 - 2014Cmune
Technologies: Unity, Photon, NGUI, .NET WCF, SQL Server, iOS, Android, TeamCity
- Ported #1 FPS shooter on Facebook to Android and iOS.
- Wrote features for game, game server, and web back-end.
- Integrated a variety of 3rd party APIs such as Facebook, iOS, and Android.
- Architected development environment to allow CI and testing in multiple environments, drastically improving quality and productivity, and also reduced overtime and bugs shipped.
- Wrote tools to support Art Pipeline, including greatly reducing time from design to play-testing, allowing many more iterations
- Worked heavily to improve Agile processes to streamline dev pipeline, including acting as Scrum Master.
- Communicated regularly with players and assisted with community events, often named "favorite admin".
- Helped with internal network and desktop support issues--solved the problems others couldn't.
- Assisted in game design discussions and helped to scope requirements.
- Recruited and trained new staff.
Developer2011 - 2012Happylatte (formerly Exoweb)
Technologies: Unity, Python, iOS
- Designed and prototyped new potential titles as part of an incubation process.
- Explored and tested different input systems for mobile games.
- Assisted with training and development for various other titles in production.
- Helped to set up community support tools such as forums, email management systems, etc.
- Organized projects to update internal tools such as wikis, bug trackers, etc.
- Organised team gaming events to encourage an "eat your own dog food" attitude amongst staff.
Developer2010 - 2011Exoweb
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C
- Worked in depth with iOS controls and wrote some just for the app, such as a more efficient table for displaying many columns.
- Connected to real-time middleware data sources to display time-critical data.
- Communicated regularly with clients in a different time zone.
- Acted as Scrum Master, ensuring ticket and backlog quality.
- Mentored junior staff.
Senior Analyst Programmer2007 - 2010Edith Cowan University
Technologies: C#, .NET
- Managed projects from concept to implementation in production.
- Received and cleaned many student final year projects and implemented in production environments.
- Responsible for design and development of "small projects" to solve various issues around the university.