Lecturer2020 - PRESENTSAE Institute Berlin
Technologies: C#, .NET, Unity, Git, Blender, Photoshop CS6, Games, Education, UI Development, UI Programming, Game Development, 2D Games, Unity3D, Unity2D
- Designed a full curriculum for beginner game programming students, including learning materials, lectures, exercises, assignments, and exams. Topics include programming basics, algorithms, data structures, game engines, and Unity.
- Prepared lectures for art students to learn Unity. Topics included art tools, pipelines, plugins, common art tasks, and technical art.
- Built advanced game programming students' lectures. Topics included advanced programming techniques, design patterns, architecture, project management.
- Mentored students at several different levels of study. Helped with assignments, prepared exercises, reviewed lecture topics, and gave feedback on assignments and exams.
Lead Game Developer2019 - PRESENTSnobfox
Technologies: C#, .NET, Unity, Git, Mobile, GUI, Mobile UX, Mobile UI, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Gameplay Development, Game Design, Games, 3D Games, Shaders, UI Development, UI Programming, Game Development, Android, 2D Games, Unity3D, Unity2D
- Developed the core gameplay of a casual mobile game. It consists of a grid of 3D objects of different sizes that the player can manipulate—move on all three axes and rotate.
- Built most of the UI, consisting of a catalog of items, NPC dialog, menus, quests, and rewards.
- Designed and developed most of the game's progression and the quests and characters that the player interacts with.
- Created the design and implemented data structures and algorithms to store and manipulate all the data involved.
- Oversaw a team of five people, one of which was a part-time programmer. Organized meetings, designed round-tables, and oversaw project management throughout the project (some of these roles were shared with other teammates).
Technical Designer2021 - 2021it Matters Games
Technologies: Unity, C#, .NET, UX Design, UI Design, Game Design, Scripting, Bolt.js, Unity Visual Scripting, Mockups, GUI, User Interface (UI), Gameplay Development, Git, Games, 3D Games, Game Development, 2D Games, Unity3D, Unity2D
- Designed and implemented AI behaviors for a pet game (cats and dogs).
- Created and helped implement several minigames, cutscenes, and interactions with pets.
- Built and documented multiple gameplay systems for an upcoming story-based tycoon game, including supporting the narrative and engineering teams and bridging the gap between design and implementation.
- Worked on the initial design for an upcoming online battling game. Designed combat mechanics, character abilities, meta progression, team mechanics, maps, and game modes.
Game Programmer2019 - 2020Marshmallow Fort
Technologies: C#, .NET, Unity, GUI, Mobile Game Development, User Interface (UI), Mobile Design, Google Play Store, SDKs, Game Design, Git, Mobile, Games, UI Development, UI Programming, Game Development, Android, 2D Games, Unity3D, Unity2D
- Designed the whole UX and UI flow for the mobile game, including the single-player and multiplayer modes.
- Built a UI prototype and worked closely with artists and other programmers to execute it.
- Implemented several GUI systems, including the core game UI, the menus, and player profiles.
- Integrated several third-party SDKs and designed interfaces to connect them to core game systems.
- Built data structures and communication layers to store player data, profiles, save games, achievements, and more, integrating it with different services.
- Instructed and helped the engineering team with architecture and cleaning up the codebase.
Game Developer2018 - 2019Happy Tuesday
Technologies: Unity, C#, .NET, Git, Shaders, GUI, 3D Animation, Procedural Generation, Game Design, User Interface (UI), Gameplay Development, Mobile UX, Mobile UI, Games, 3D Games, UI Development, UI Programming, Game Development, Virtual Reality (VR), Oculus, Android, Unity3D
- Built custom timeline tools for generating dynamic timelines. These timelines were integrated into gameplay, with the player being able to control playback and animation parameters.
- Designed and implemented a procedural animation and audio system with IK, look-at targets, lip-syncing, and mesh reskinning, integrating with the timeline tools mentioned above.
- Created the design and wrote UI systems, animations, effects, and shaders for the whole game.
- Wrote several VR prototypes for the Oculus Gear VR headset—running on Android. These ranged from simple performance benchmarks to fully interactive games.
Linguistic Services Provider2012 - 2018Freelance
Technologies: Translation, Interpretation, Linguistics, Education
- Translated contracts, fiction and non-fiction books, apps, websites, and manuals.
- Interpreted at several business and trade conferences in simultaneous and consecutive modes.
- Taught English and Portuguese to adults. Prepared lesson materials, exercises, and exams.