Lead BI Architect | Team Lead2015 - 2020Erste Group IT
Technologies: SAP PowerDesigner, Oracle PL/SQL, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI
- Led a team responsible for creating a data framework, an abstraction layer for semantic interface, and reporting using business terminology.
- Used PowerBI and Tableau to create reports and reported on architectures that allowed business users to effectively query DWH data, without knowing implementation details.
- Established data visualization "best practices" for, depending on data type and business area. Also designed multiple template reports that show unified approach to group reporting.
- Led proof-of-concept activities for testing new technologies and/or development methodologies.
- Held multiple education/demonstration events for internal IT and business users to show what can be done using these tools.
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst2013 - 2015Hypo Alpe Adria
Technologies: Tableau, SAP BusinessObjects Data Service (BODS), Microsoft SQL Server
- Analyzed and documented business requests.
- Developed the implementation strategy and BI architecture, based on SQL Server technology stack.
- Managed and executed IT projects and successfully led a team of consultants.
- Conducted hands-on development of important and/or more complex database modules.
- Held education sessions for internal company employees.
- Deployed new features to production and effectively fulfilling the role of a release manager.
Software Engineer2011 - 2013Oikon
Technologies: .NET, SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server
- Built analytic modules in SQL Server (SSIS).
- Developed web pages using ASP.NET MVC.
- Implemented a SharePoint modification according to specific business user needs.
- Managed EU projects specifically on parts of IT implementation.
- Took part in internal company education events.
Business Intelligence Consultant2009 - 2011Alfatec Group
Technologies: Data, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
- Worked as the team lead in the project of creating a new data warehouse for one of the largest banks in the country, based on Oracle and Data Integrator.
- Implemented a business-objects reporting system in the third largest tobacco company in the world.
- Developed a first production-level data warehouse in the cargo and shipping industry in the region, using SQL Server Analysis Services and PowerPivot.
- Created teams and ensured that people worked effectively together.
- Held internal and external educational sessions.
Business Intelligence Consultant2007 - 2009CrmT
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Informatica, ASP.NET
- Designed and developed a web solution for distribution of EU funds in Slovenia based on SQL Server and ASP.NET.
- Designed and developed a high-availability DWH solution for parsing, testing, and reporting on call records for the largest Slovenian telecom.
- Organized the company's presales technical conference, focusing on Business Objects and SQL Server.
Software Engineer2004 - 2007IN2
Technologies: BizTalk, Microsoft SQL Server, ASP.NET
- Developed an ASP.NET application for primary health care.
- Implemented BizTalk, as a part of a key integration project in the country's largest telecom company.
- Constructed a web application for the country's chamber of commerce.
- Held technical education sessions for the company's junior staff.