CEO | Co-founder2015 - PRESENTOm7Sense GmbH
Technologies: Embedded Linux, MySQL, Node.js, OSGi, Eclipse, React
- Created the architecture, back ends, and front ends for Om7Sense, an IoT startup focusing on data centers using React for the front end.
- Developed back ends consisting of high-availability OSGi containers written in Java running in Eclipse Kura on embedded Linux.
- Stored data in MySQL in a hierarchical fashion that can support years of high-resolution usage data on a 32 GB device.
- Implemented real-time communication using MQTT between the front end and back end.
- Built a mesh of nodes with distributed permissions according to the IoT gateway/concentrator concept.
Android Security Engineer2019 - 2019Yinkozi
Technologies: Bash, Java, C++, Gradle
- Wrote a Gradle plugin for SDK/library for Android.
- Migrated Android app from Jetpack/Android X to Android Support library.
- Supported with creating an installer for Android library.
- Tested SDK for Android on a large array of devices.
- Improved documentation and wrote quick-start documentation.
Consultant2018 - 2018Microsoft
- Consulted on technical due diligence.
- Interviewed developers to judge experience and team workflow.
- Reviewed code and source code history for quality.
- Reviewed the IP and licensing.
- Analyzed an Android app's architecture, security, and resilience.
Freelance Mobile Developer2014 - 2018Börse Go AG
Technologies: OpenGL, V8, C++, RxJava, Kotlin, Java, Android
- Helped develop a rich phone/tablet app that shows real-time financial data in a comprehensive but visually striking way.
- Migrated a large legacy Java codebase to Gradle, Kotlin, and RxJava.
- Implemented strong Material UI in cooperation with the design team and iOS team.
Web Developer2016 - 2016ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE
- Developed multiple landing sites.
- Integrated streaming video into a web page.
- Conducted rapid prototyping and worked with a visual designer.
Android Developer2016 - 2016Amphiro AG
Technologies: Java, Android, Bluetooth LE
- Created an Android app from scratch that collects and visualizes data from a client's IoT water usage measuring device.
- Implemented the background and a power-efficient Bluetooth LE data retrieval feature that was compatible with the maximum number of Android devices.
- Conducted large-scale matrix testing of devices and OS versions.
- Executed real-time synchronization with the back-end, supporting multiple data sources updating together.
- Created a graph visualization of the water usage.
Software Engineer2015 - 2015Cliqz GmbH
- Extended the open-source mobile messenger, Telegram, with a search interface and multi-modal photo sharing while working closely with the product designer.
- Created the Places API's infrastructure including the document schema, storage, and REST API.
- Researched search engine data sources for the mobile web.
Mobile Developer2014 - 2014Purelabs UG
Technologies: Geofencing, Java, Android, Google Maps
- Developed an in-car navigation experience that coupled sound and video the points of interest.
- Implemented a Google Maps API with geofences downloaded from a REST API to activate the audio/video scenes while driving.
- Used Android Multimedia APIs to play multiple sounds in parallel and move the stereocenter point.
- Simulated 2D positional audio by using accelerometer sensor data.
- Stored and replayed geodata from a live drive so that customer can work on simulation outside of a car.
Mobile/Web Developer2009 - 2014BörseGo AG
- Developed the company's Android apps in the financial sector with a focus on real-time data and on-device charting using Java. The app was featured in the Play Store twice.
- Developed a custom blogging engine with cascading comments as a REST API in PHP/MySQL with a custom web cache for performance and a PHP front-end. Also integrated it with the in-house WordPress CMS.
- Written and optimized multiple REST APIs in PHP and their corresponding MySQL queries using KCachegrind and other profilers.
- Supported and extended a customer webshop written in Django/Python.
- Maintained multiple customer websites in PHP/MySQL.
Student Researcher2006 - 2009University of Koblenz and Landau
Technologies: Bluetooth, OSGi, Java EE
- Built a campuswide news broadcast system that sent the news to feature phones via Bluetooth; it was implemented in Java EE on OSGi embedded devices.
- Developed a back-end service and for campus news network in C++.
- Designed the protocol for bidirectional communication through Bluetooth and running over a GPRS connection so minimal data use and resiliency was required.
- Created a multiscreen ticker-on-TV interface for campus news shown on TV monitors in Python/OpenGL.
- Worked on multiple research papers and proof-of-concepts in the area of AI.
Software Engineer2005 - 2006wizAI GmbH
Technologies: MySQL, Apache Lucene, Java EE
- Extended and maintained a news-clipping service that implemented full-text indexing of news articles running on Java EE.
- Migrated a news clipper from MySQL to a Lucene full-text search engine for a better performance.
- Optimized the clipping engine's performance for scaling up to 10x.
- Worked on the website and database using PHP and MySQL.
- Maintained and managed the Linux servers.
Co-founder | CTO2002 - 2003Selador
- Co-founded and incepted a web-based multiplayer game using PHP and MySQL.
- Optimized the game for high concurrency, low-latency server-side rendering using a custom event pipeline.
DevOps | SysAdmin1998 - 2002InnNet GmbH
Technologies: Sendmail, TCP/IP, MySQL, Apache, Linux
- Built and maintained Linux servers for an internet service provider with web servers (Apache), databases (MySQL), and mail services (Sendmail/Courier).
- Set up an internet infrastructure and routing using Cisco and Bintec routers (OSPF).
- Installed the dial-in infrastructure (ISDN, GSM).