Luka has four years of commercial full-stack development experience and six years of experience working at the university. He obtained a PhD in Mathematics and Computer Science (the University of Barcelona and Zagreb, a dual PhD). In addition to his employment experience, Luka has about 15 years of amateur experience in various programming languages and environments, including web and mobile development, parsing, crawling, and scripting.
ExperienceC++ - 12 yearsLinux - 8 yearsDjango - 4 yearsFront-end - 4 yearsVuetify - 4 yearsVue - 4 yearsFull-stack - 4 yearsDjango REST Framework - 4 years
Git, Qt Creator, CLion, WebStorm, PyCharm, Linux
The most amazing...
...thing I've co-developed is a BI dashboard that detects anomalies in retail data and expresses them through natural language with interactive exploration tools.
Research and Teaching Assistant
Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb
- Developed various tools for computer science courses such as student admission and enrolment application, a browser-based MySQL Shell, various proof-theoretic helpers and generators, and web-based homework and exam environments.
- Published five academic papers, attended various conferences and workshops, and completed (April 2021) the PhD in Computer Science and Mathematics at the University of Barcelona and the University of Zagreb (a dual PhD degree).
Senior Full-stack Developer (Consultant)
- Developed a full-stack interactive dashboard application interfacing with the existing data science model provided by the client.
- Designed and implemented a reactive user interface in Vue.js and Vuetify.js, including interactive data visualizations implementing the functionality requested by the client.
- Implemented a REST API back-end layer in the Django REST framework and an admin panel based on the Django admin site.
- Implemented a back-end daemon process wrapper around the data science model (the model itself was provided by the client) to improve scalability and ease interfacing with the API layer.
- Managed the infrastructure, including CI/CD, server and domain management, and email.
Senior Front-end Developer (Consultant)
- Implemented an admin dashboard as a single-page application based on the designs provided in Figma.
- Implemented a basic landing page, also based on a client-provided Figma sketch.
- Advised on the back-end design, specifically around the REST API that the dashboard and other system components were to be connected to.
Co-founder and Full-stack Developer
- Co-designed a novel automated BI reporting system that detects shifts and anomalies in retail data and delivers them in the form of natural language news feed posts enriched with interactive charts and data exploration tools.
- Developed a full-stack interactive dashboard application using Vue.js/Vuetify.js with Django REST framework, including an Android/iOS mobile application Apache Cordova.
- Managed the infrastructure, such as servers and services our application uses, including virtual private servers, Firebase, Mailgun, GitLab CI/CD, and remote iOS build services.
Research and Teaching Assistant
Department of Mathematics, University of Rijeka
- Developed new material for courses related to numerical mathematics.
- Reviewed material for courses in theoretical foundations of mathematics.
- Taught five courses in total (Numerical mathematics, Numerical mathematics for Computer Science, Elementary Mathematics, Set theory and Application of Computer Science in Mathematics); held two guest lectures at the University of Barcelona.
On-demand Reactivity in Vue 3
Vuetify, Django, Django REST Framework, Django Channels, .NET, Laravel
Vue, Vue 2, REST APIs, Google Maps API, NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, Vuex, Moment.js
GitHub, Vue CLI, Quill, GitLab CI/CD, PyCharm, WebStorm, CLion, Qt Creator, Git, Supervisord
REST, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
Full-stack, Science, University Teaching, Front-end, Writing & Editing, Responsive UI, ECharts, Cordova, APIs, Mathematics, Computer Science, Landing Pages, Admin Panels, SSL Certificates, Daphne, Vue-router, Servers
Firebase, Mailgun, Linux, Android, Mapbox, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Apache2
PhD in Mathematics and Computer Science
University of Barcelona and University of Zagreb (cotutelle) - Barcelona, Spain and Zagreb, Croatia
Master's Degree in Computer Science and Mathematics
Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb - Zagreb, Croatia