Objective-C Developer in Alexandria, Alexandria Governorate, Egypt
Co-Founder | Technical Lead2008 - PRESENTVIMOV
Technologies: iOS, macOS, Swift, Objective-C, Android, PHP, Python, AWS, 3D, Cocos2d, Shaders, GDAL
- Led the development of an app (iOS/Mac/Android) using Objective-C, Swift, and Android SDK.
- Led the development of a 3D weather maps system that beautifies weather map tiles on server and projects them through beautiful shaders on a 3D globe on a mobile app. I have customized an open source 3D engine to support it.
- Developed a prediction system that predicts user location on a specific hour and customizes a non-intrusive weather alert using Python and Scikit-learn.
- Led the development of a back-end server for the frontend apps serving weather information, weather maps and push notifications to hundreds of thousands of monthly active users using PHP, AWS and MySQL.
- Developed a 2D game on iPhone using Cocos2d and extending it with 3D models support.
- Shared in the co-founding and operating a startup and expanding it to a 30-employee software company.
Founder | Developer2000 - 2007EndTask Pro
Technologies: VB, VC++, Windows API
- Developed a tool that monitors running apps for any suspicious behavior, blocks the the suspicious action, and warns the user using low-level system hooks.
- Built a generic tool that detects and blocks intrusive pop-up ads by monitoring user behavior without integrating with the browser.
- Created and managed a small virtual team to help push this app to life—the app was later featured as an Editor's Pick on CNET.
- Clear Day (Development)http://www.vimov.com/clearday/
A line of weather products for iOS, Android, and Mac that altogether garnered more than 10 million users around the world, various awards, and coverage on a myriad of newspapers and TV networks. It lasted many months in the top-selling paid apps in the iOS App Store worldwide. It spawned the birth of a new style in the design of weather applications—an animated representation of the weather condition that was later implemented by top technology companies.
- iSimulate (Development)
iSimulate allows developers to simulate multi-touch events, the accelerometer, compass and GPS, on the iOS simulator by wirelessly sending these events from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to an SDK running on the simulator.
- Method for Presenting Weather Data | Patent (Other amazing things)https://www.google.com/patents/US20140267912
A method for representing weather data for several locations through videos and displaying weather maps in a beautiful way.
- Hexen II Port on iPhone (Development)http://www.cultofmac.com/31955/vimov-demos-their-excellent-hexen-ii-iphone-port/
Led a team that ported Hexen II game (a great fantasy-themed FPS built upon the venerable Quake engine in 1997) to the iPhone.
- Exorcist iPhone Game (Development)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Saok6X-7qP4
A 2D game on iPhone built using Cocos2d. I extended the Cocos2d engine to support integrations of 3D models.
- iOS ARKit Tutorial: Drawing in the Air with Bare Fingers (Publication)With augmented reality on the rise, more and more libraries and tools are developed to tap into that market. Apple recently released ARKit, which shows great promise through power and simplicity of use.
PlatformsiOS, MacOS, AWS EC2, Spark Core, Android
LanguagesPHP, Objective-C, Swift, Python, Bash, Java
ToolsApple Push Notifications, Apache Ignite
StorageAWS S3, MySQL
OtherImage Processing, Augmented Reality (AR), 3D
- Master's degree in Computers and Systems Engineering2008 - 2011Alexandria University - Alexandria, Egypt
- Bachelor's degree in Computers and Systems Engineering2002 - 2006Alexandria University - Alexandria, Egypt