Verified Expert in Engineering
Rıdvan is an experienced software developer who has been working since 2007. During this time, he has created complex solutions for customers in the blockchain, IoT, energy, defense, and VOIP sectors. He has undertaken responsibilities as a developer, architect, and team lead, specializing in various technologies like Node.js, Java, Go, C++, PostgreSQL, AWS, Azure, and Kubernetes.
Node.js, Kubernetes, React, Ionic, Java, Go, PostgreSQL, Terraform, Knex.js, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is Loupe, a deep packet inspection solution processing very high volume traffic using circular buffers and huge thread pools.
AWS and Python Architect
Deckers - Retail
- Gathered requirements from the start of the project, attended discovery sessions, and engineered the cloud architecture according to the AWS Well-Architected Framework and customer requirements.
- Determined the software stack best suited for the project, gathered NFRs, and aligned with the customer expectations.
- Created high-level design documents and made a written agreement with the customer.
AWS and Python Architect
Deckers - IT
- Designed and implemented the AWS Infrastructure using IaC (Terraform) and created four separate environments: production, user acceptance testing, QA, and development to comply with company policies.
- Interviewed and hired the development team, bootstrapped the team, and brought them up to speed with the project.
- Created CI/CD processes from scratch and implemented policy checks to comply with company policies.
- Attended analysis sessions with the business, picked the right tech stack for the project, and performed the scaffolding for back-end, front-end, and QA projects.
- Created proper documentation to document, process, architect, and create high-level design documents for the project.
Senior Java and Ionic Developer
Prudential Asia - Main
- Refactored legacy code and improved reusability and testability of the client back end.
- Designed database data structure and simplified the implementation even before the start, thus reducing cost.
- Unified data interaction pipeline between web and mobile clients.
Above Lending Inc
- Refactored a codebase and removed redundant services to save costs for the customer.
- Provided timely responses to team members to speed up internal processes, thus solving business cases faster and resolving production incidents faster.
- Created dashboards within the new relic to improve system monitoring and traceability.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed and delivered a document management system (https://www.emrefilestorage.com) built on top of AWS S3. The company uploads audit results/reports and related documents to the system and the customer accesses all the data using his own account.
- Implemented a role-based authorization system that permits the system admin to grant different level access to users and permits/denies certain operations on resources.
- Built an end-to-end CI/CD pipeline based on GitHub and GitHub Actions that delivers new releases through Docker repositories to system servers/servers and deploys new releases in no time.
- Worked on a system that is running cost-optimized using as low as a single, IO-bound server to delegate file operations to S3 and permits mass-level file operations (preparing downloads as ZIP archives). The monthly cost is as low as 7$ per month.
- Heavily utilized AWS S3 API v3. Using signed URLs to delegate file operations directly to the client lifts the weight from the server, thus enabling very fast and secure user interaction and user experience.
- Utilized React and Ionic, permitting the application to use mobile devices to interact with the system, thus lifting the maintenance cost of a mobile application for the customer.
- Used NGINX as a reverse proxy and also as the web server. Used Let's Encrypt to maintain TLS certificates for the domain name, automatically renewing the certificates with no user interaction required, thus lowering the maintenance cost.
Beyond Finance, LLC
- Ramped up and started implementing stories right within a week.
- Navigated the complicated solution built on Kubernetes and Lambda services with little documentation by experimenting with the flows.
- Handled outages timely and within hours to ensure service continuity for the customer.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Modified the Handshake wallet to increase the throughput by 300 times.
- Tracked and fixed accounting bugs that increased the company's profits.
- Launched an automated support flow to improve customer satisfaction.
Team Lead | Manager
- Led a team of eight developers to create integration software with the Avaya communication manager (CM) by implementing the Avaya AES custom protocol.
- Followed a tight deadline to launch the integration without burning out my team.
- Communicated with upper management to change the prioritization of features and, by following the 20/80 rule, made the most useful call scenarios ready before the deadline.
- Reduced latency with Boost.Asio. In the end, we had to remove threading (reduced the pool to 1 ) because the no-latency communication with Avaya CM was causing failures on the CM side.
- Handled the lack of documentation of Avaya's proprietary AES protocol and scheduled regular meetings with Avaya SMEs to fill the gaps. Reverse-engineered the binary protocol where necessary.
- Reached over 80% coverage with unit tests to ensure application behavior. Integrated with SonarQube for static analysis and set up a CI/CD pipeline for faster development cycles. Documented steps for the community as well.
- Created a chat server application to form the backbone of the Afiniti cloud live chat offering. Used Openfire XMPP server, Java, and JNI to integrate with the Afiniti core (Mega ACD).
- Introduced serverless to the team and managed to save cloud expenses.
- Reduced the pipeline time by switching from heavy Java microservices to serverless functions.
- Evaluated and created a report on Intel's technology offering to Siemens to control and track ownership of devices through the root of trust hardware security.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Led the Turkish part of an ITEA project and successfully delivered, presented the deliverables, and passed the audits.
- Created a solution with custom symbology on touch devices planned to be used on maritime operations.
- Worked with complex data sets, including satellite images, to create a simulated environment.
Software Developer and Architect
- Worked closely with Nortel's customers, including AT&T, Verizon, and Orange, to solve their software, hardware, configuration, and signaling issues on VOIP systems. It was Nortel's groundbreaking VOIP Infrastructure solution at that time.
- Tracked and fixed bugs on live systems working under weighty loads and strict time constraints. Acquired global recognition from Nortel's vice president Chris Blackwood.
- Created utility programs to improve the Nortel's support workflow. These utility programs are deployed to live systems and significantly eased the burden of collecting data from customer deployments.
- Integrated a Java application over JNI with Linux Kernel for processing ethernet frames with low latency. Achieved 1Gb data processing volume with no packet loss. It was hard to achieve the target back then.
- Led a team from the start of a project to customer acceptance.
- Onboarded and tutored new colleagues. Knowledge transfer to remote teams.
Deep Packet Inspection Solution | Loupe
I implemented UCP, SIP, SMPP, Radius protocol stacks, and an underlying non-blocking multithreading structure that communicates with Linux Kernel to cope with very high volume network traffic.
Void Infrastructure Solution | MCS 5200
Worked closely with Nortel's worldwide customers, including AT&T, Verizon, and Orange, to identify and solve their software, hardware, configuration, and signaling issues on VOIP systems.
Automated Meter Reading System | AMR
Mission Management System for Maritime Patrol Vessels | MMS
It was designed to be a cost-effective all-in-one solution that fuses incoming data from ship sensors like radar, AIS, and electro-optic and creates and operational image for the operator.
Auxiliary Power Management System For Naval Platforms
Uses very high capacity replaceable batteries and weighs over one metric tonne. It has its HMI and integration with an integrated bridge control system (EPKIS) deployed on naval vessels and uses SNMP to communicate with battery packs.
Firefighting and Damage Control System
It calculates evacuation routes and displays them on screens for safe evacuation. It is designed for ships and buildings, using the 3D model of the structure, and real-time information is displayed and updated on multiple screens.
Onboard CCTV Management System For Naval Platforms
Users can monitor any video source and reflect a large screen display for better navigation or other purposes based on user privileges.
Federated Security Shield | Fedsshttps://itea4.org/project/fedss.html
In Europe, such incidents often affect multiple countries and societies. Therefore international cooperation is essential to resolve these problems. Currently, information and invaluable intelligence from various third-party sources are potentially available. The FedSS project aims to access and incorporate this tremendous amount of structured and unstructured data into security management systems.
The main goal is to provide all partners with a new information-handling capability disclosing data sources on a secure need-to-share basis that uses semantic information techniques instead of syntactic protocols and where the information-handling capability is visualised via rich internet applications (RIA) on tablets.
Authentication Gateway (GW)
Completed for Ericsson and deployed to their premises, surpassing their code coverage test and performance requirements.
PLC Communication Gateway
It allows people around the globe to book health care services and any additional packages if desired, including transportation from the airport, hotel reservations, and trips to historical places, all in one place.
Hosted on AWS Cloud. The portal provides a job listing platform for home-staying mothers where they can continue working from home while nursing their children.
It's delivered to Uber car companies in Germany, allowing owners to create separate branches, thus letting them rent the solution and generate income.
Mindsphere allows various agents to connect, store data, and get analytics services, alarms, and everything they would need
It performs basic calls, call transfer, blind transfer, and music on hold. Crafted explicitly for custom hardware with many parallel cores.
Chat Feature Server (CFS)
Mega ACD aims to be very high performant with high throughput. Written in C++ with microservices architecture communication over shared memory queues. It is unique in the way services are connected to each other to achieve low latency.
Handshake Wallet Test Suitehttps://handshake.org/
The goal is to create an alternative to existing certificate authorities and naming systems. Namebase is a handshake exchange and NFT auction site.
Added further functionality to handle high-volume transactions and batched transactions to optimize bandwidth.
HSD Proxy was the primary means to scale back-end wallets to handle the volume. It abstracted the complexity of managing multiple wallets away from the main application.
It easily adapts to the unique operational requirements of various call centers, supports any telephony environment, provides comprehensive multi-site call recording, and separates customer and agent speech through stereo recording.
It includes IP and phone number-based agent filtering and blocking features. It supports multiple UC/PBX vendors, including call centers and enterprises.
Starling WiFi Platform
The Starling platform consists of use-cases that help venues enhance digital transformation by providing a seamless guest experience and enabling actionable location analytics.
Starling Azure Kubernetes Service Migration
It consists of a web application and mobile apps for iOS and Android. The mobile application was created using the Ionic framework, and the web application was made using AngularJS. The project back end resides in Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
Spring Boot, Ionic, Express.js, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Spring, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), JSF, Angular, JNI, Boost, AngularJS
React, Node.js, ReactiveX, Leaflet, SendGrid API, FFmpeg, Vue
Amazon CloudFront CDN, Sequelize, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), GitLab CI/CD, AWS SDK, Knex.js, SendGrid, Mocha, NGINX, Cucumber, Postman, RabbitMQ, CMake, Terraform, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Helm, Let's Encrypt, Flow, Babel, Webpack, Systemd, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Avaya AES
REST, Microservices, DevOps, Application Architecture, Enterprise Application Architecture, Web Application Architecture
Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, NetBeans RCP, Raspberry Pi, Azure, Blockchain, Kubernetes, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Jakarta EE, DigitalOcean, JavaFX, Mapbox, Oracle
PostgreSQL, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, SQLite, Redis, Oracle 9g, MongoDB, Hazelcast, Microsoft SQL Server
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, SIP Protocol, JSDoc, Software Architecture, Cloud Architecture, SIP, Full-stack, API Integration, Back-end, Architecture, Solution Architecture, AWS Certified Solution Architect, GlassFish, OpenStreetMap, Cryptography, Serverless, Non-fungible Tokens (NFT), X.509 Certificates, CI/CD Pipelines, Ubuntu Server, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), SMTP, DocuSign, Boost.Asio, Catch2, Embedded Java, SNMP, Matrox Video, XMPP, Openfire, Linux Kernel, DDS, PWA, Troubleshooting, API Gateways, Amazon API Gateway
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Istanbul Technical University (ITÜ) - İstambul, Turkey
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Karadeniz Technical University - Trabzon, Turkey
AWS Certified Security – Specialty
Amazon Web Services Training and Certification
AWS Certified Solutions Architect
Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate