Verified Expert in Engineering
Sylvain's been a CTO, engineering manager, and senior software engineer in the US and Europe. He is a very hands-on, result-oriented expert in Java and solution definition and can work with anyone from engineers to C-level execs. Sylvain's delivered nationwide security infrastructures for millions of devices and connected millions of eCommerce users. Sylvain founded FileChain to offer next-generation blockchain platforms for large-scale Web 3.0, Industry 4.0, and NFT decentralized marketplaces.
Linux, Eclipse IDE, Open Source, Git, Java
The most amazing...
...implementation I've done was a next-gen enterprise ledger with end-to-end privacy, in-chain storage, thousands of transactions per second, and 100% Java-based.
- Provided a complete Web3 marketplace with NFTs and a coin as a unit of payment using the FileChain enterprise-grade ledgers and treasuries.
- Designed the overall solution architecture and platform for selling, buying, and managing inventory on this marketplace.
- Acted as technical lead defining time plans, cost estimates, and work packages with other parties or suppliers, including FileChain and Shopify.
Founder and Lead Developer
- Implemented fully featured next-generation ledgers; used 100% Java, 400,000 lines of code, and is fully NIST compliant.
- Promoted enterprise ledger platforms and full SDK to blockchain clusters and developer communities in many industries, including supply-chain, DEFI, social marketing, and so on.
- Delivered multiple decentralized marketplaces with end-to-end privacy, full identity management, contract management, fungible coins, and NFTs.
- Oversaw sales activities and managed business developers and seed investment in December 2019.
- Wrote two patent applications for high-performance and low operational cost software designs for decentralized ledger platforms.
Architect | Principal Engineer
- Implemented RESTful APIs and optimized database settings for millions of devices deployed nationwide in last mile smart cities to authenticate themselves and to transfer gigabytes of highly confidential data daily for smart-metering applications.
- Served as the lead design authority and delivery manager for the mesh part of the world's largest machine-to-machine (M2M) contract; it was a £1.5 billion SMIP project with the UK government.
- Led the specification, architecture, and software design of a platform that managed millions of devices connected over self-forming radio mesh networks with a state-of-the-art public key infrastructure (PKI) for the internet of things (IoT).
- Prioritized all resource allocations and the backlog for the CyanConnode engineering team and two outsourcing partners for each 2-week agile sprint to deliver all roadmap milestones on time.
- Acted as the main technical interface with Reliance, a $70 billion revenue company, to design and deliver sustainable smart-city networks for the growing Indian market.
- Optimized the performance of the software to reach a highly competitive throughput for storage and restoration of files and data volumes in the petabyte range.
- Led the architecture and implementation of a multi-tier and high-performance cloud service to store petabytes of highly encrypted and compressed data for public and private cloud storage providers.
- Contributed to the engineering effort with more than 50,000 lines of production-ready code, mentored and onboarded other engineers in the team.
Lead Engineer and CTO
- Audited the engineering group's processes, strengths, and weaknesses to identify key employees, appropriate software, and delivery processes to turn the engineering group into a result-oriented team in less than two months.
- Led the overall re-architecture and refactoring of the Qobuz music website—like Spotify with high-def audio—to achieve a tenfold performance improvement of loading page time, consolidation of multiple frameworks, and support for multisite redundancy.
- Oversaw all Java core back-end services and APIs to import millions of soundtracks in high-quality audio files and metadata from all major labels and made them available for streaming and downloading under multiple subscription and payment models.
Ipsum Networks and Iptivia
- Led the build of Route Dynamics: a high-performance web-based solution for high-fidelity collection, analysis, and display of routing information in IP networks; it has multimillion-dollar sales to service providers and large financial institutions.
- Hired 20+ highly skilled engineers (using recruiters, referral bonuses, and competitive compensation packages) in a challenging job market and maximized engineering team efficiency by fostering collaboration.
- Implemented critical software for path computation and routing protocols (OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, EIGRP) to record and filter millions of network events per minute to isolate actionable notifications to NOC engineers for the largest telco operators.
Senior Software Engineer
- Implemented several key performance optimizations of the IP stack, VLAN switching, and spanning tree protocol with hardware-based switching equipment in C/C++.
- Improved the embedded and distributed architecture to monitor thousands of concurrent HTTP transactions for websites hosted in business-critical, high-capacity data centers.
- Designed and implemented the command line interface CLI for layer-2/3 devices (monitoring and provisioning of IP interfaces and VLAN ports).
Senior Software Engineer
- Led a team to build one of the first access products in the world with support for MPLS VPNs (label distribution LDP and RSVP-TE).
- Designed and integrated an IPSEC stack to provide IP authentication and encryption to access routers.
- Led a performance optimization effort for +20 software engineers to increase tenfold the number of calls per second of the backbone E10 ATM broadband switch-and-call servers using a flow control analysis and thread profilers.
- Implemented part of the user signaling layer (UNI, PNNI, IISP and SAAL) to help unleash the internet and massive cross-continental traffic volumes between tier-1 large ISPs.
Web 3.0 Decentralized Social Network and Marketing Platformhttps://veesocial.com/
I was the lead developer of this blockchain application built on top of a next-generation enterprise ledger FileChain (Filechain.com) with full identity management, NFTs for rewards, true end-to-end privacy so no single entity can control nor monetize all the personal data of users, nor being liable for all that data either. The first application built for Vee Social for its crowd-funding was delivered in just four weeks (from design to deployment).
Payment APIs to Download and Stream High-definition Musichttps://www.qobuz.com/
I implemented the APIs and performed critical SEO and user behavior analysis to fine-tune the overall user experience to not lose any potential online purchase during the payment steps, both from web desktop browsing and mobile devices.
Pure Java Routing Analytics Enginehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_monitoring
I was the lead developer and architect who computed and constantly monitored thousands of OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP routes by listening to all routing advertisements made by routers every second to isolate network misconfigurations in large service provider networks such as AT&T, British Telecom, France Telecom, and so on. This implementation also required a patch to the Linux kernel for the TCP stack.
Spring Boot, Spring, Windows PowerShell, Hibernate, gRPC
REST APIs, API Development, React, Node.js, Web3.js
REST, Management, Scalable Application, B2B, Requirements Analysis, Microservices, Radio Frequency (RF) Protocol, Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), DevOps, Database Design
Blockchain, Blockchain Platforms, Linux, Oracle, Java EE, Ethereum, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Mobile, Shopify
Project Management, Banking & Finance, Trading Systems
Open Source, Decentralized Systems, Non-fungible Tokens (NFT), Web 3.0, Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP), 802.11S Mesh Networking, Embedded Java, Performance Tuning, Architecture, Startups, Team Management, Large Scale Distributed Systems, Software, Design, IPv4, Leadership, APIs, Software Design, System Architecture, CTO, Back-end, Low Latency, Multithreading, Front-end, Full-stack, Web Development, Blockchain Design, Smart Contracts, Blockchain & Cryptocurrency, Team Leadership, Teamwork, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Solution Architecture, Distributed Ledgers, Distributed Architecture, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Decentralized Applications, API Integration, Crypto, Full-stack Development, Technical Leadership, Software Architecture, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Scalable Architecture, DNS, Algorithms, Early-stage Startups, Privacy, Data Privacy, Agile Delivery, Engineering, Product Growth, Filecoin, Web3, Digital Asset Management, Industry 4.0, Team Building, Strategy, Business to Consumer (B2C), Resource Management, Optimization, Streaming, Downloads, eCommerce, Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), BGP, EIGRP, IS-IS, IP Routing, IPv6, Requirements, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Software Development Toolkits (SDK), Firmware, Firmware over the Air (FOTA), Technical Product Management, Big Data, Data Processing, SSL, Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO), Integration, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency, Governance, Hardware, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC), Cryptography, Fintech, Cryptocurrency APIs, Social Networks, User Interface (UI), Business to Business (B2B), Planning, Lambda Functions, Graph Theory, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Neural Networks, Storage, Large-Scale Computing, Large Data Sets, Performance, SEO Tools, Payment APIs, Media, IPTV, Telecom Equipment & Solutions, ARP, SNMP, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), Large Networks, Large-scale Projects, File Systems, Card Payments, Mobile Payments, Serverless, IT Strategy, Decentralized Exchanges (DEXs), ERC-20, Ethereum Smart Contracts, CSS Grid, Applied Cryptography, Digital Banking, ISO 20022, General Ledgers, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), Advisory, FileChain
Eclipse IDE, Jira, GitHub, Git, Terraform
Databases, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis
Master's Degree in Artificial Intelligence
CNRS - France
Master's Degree in Informatics and Applied Mathematics
ENSEEIHT - France
Master's Degree in Computer Science
ENSEEIHT - France