Android Developer in Kraków, Poland
Android Developer, Frontend Developer2017 - PRESENTAppiness
- Refactored the Android app to make it faster and more reliable.
- Designed the Android app layout.
- Developed new Android app features.
- Created new website layout and features.
- Migrated the website to server side rendering.
- Created new CMS features.
Lead Developer2016 - 2017Mitrako
Technologies: Android, Kotlin, C, BLE, Firebase, Fabric, iOS, ReactJS
- Created a SDK for the Android platform to integrate with back-end infrastructure to open BLE door locks.
- Developed an Android app using a SDK for the client.
- Constructed a console for admins and developers in React.js.
- Developed firmware code for BLE hardware.
Software Engineer2013 - 2016Ailleron/SoftwareMind
Technologies: Java, Android, C#, .Net, Ruby On Rails
- Customized the Android platform.
- Built a custom Android image.
- Created a TV app for Android.
- Created several hotel guest Android apps, including apps for room service, checking your bill, reading messages, and making appointments.
- Created an Android flights schedule app.
- Created a hotels systems integration app in C# with integration to FIAS, Opera, SIHOT, etc.
- Created a music forum information app in .NET with map and digital signage.
- Created an Android digital signage app.
- Took part in creating a server-side app in Ruby on Rails.
Software Engineer2012 - 2013Velia Systems
Technologies: Java, Android, Windows Phone, Corona SDK, C#, iOS, Objective-C
- Created a multi-platform app for restaurants and their clients.
- Created a Windows Phone and iOS app that displays interesting articles based on user preferences.
- Created an Android SDK for in-app advertising.
- Spott.tv Android App (Development)https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.appiness.spott
Spott application is an Android version of the www.spott.tv website. Users can be inspired by their favorite celebrities, actors, characters, etc., and buy things they wear or have. The app also provides the possibility to live sync with TV shows, movies, and series to view articles that appear in the current scene and what they can buy.
- HeyCar (Development)https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.softwareman.carmessenger
This is my own app which helps drivers communicate with and rate other drivers using just a license plate number. I created the Android app using Kotlin, RxJava, Dagger, and MVP.
I also created an API for this app in Ruby on Rails 5 and established an environment on AWS.
- Rugby World Cup 2017 (Development)https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rlwc2017.worldcup.release
This is an Android and iOS app (both native) helping people stay up to date with RLWC2017 actions. The main screen is a mobile web page. The app is optimized to display the web page and contains some native views (subscribing to teams, selecting notifications, handling notifications).
- Spott.tv (Development)http://www.spott.tv/
Spott is a place where you can inspire yourself with your favorite celebrities, actors, characters, etc. You can check their fashion, accessories, and other things they like. You can then go shopping to buy things you like.
I am a part of the team that creates the page and corresponding CMS, adding new features and constantly improving the layout.
- SmartphoneKey (Development)
This project was developed with a group of friends for a German company. The main goal of the project was to create a system for opening door locks produced by the company via Bluetooth Low Energy. I was responsible for:
- Creating an SDK for Android developers who wish to integrate their own door locks.
- Developing the Android app SmartphoneKey. This application allows users to create an account, receive created reservations (also via push) and messages, and open the door locks through the SDK.
- Building an administration console in React.js.
- Designing BLE firmware in C on Nordic semiconductor hardware.
- Developing a .NET application responsible for communication between a hotel management system and our server.
- BonMed (Development)http://bon-med.com/
This service allows people to visit with different doctors through the web, using WebRTC technology. The patient, seeking advice from a specialist, can make an appointment to video chat with the doctor at a date that works for both parties. The doctor can prescribe medicines or give any recommendations to the patient, as well as check to see if they were fulfilled.
- Uprising '44 (Development)
An Android app created for Warsaw Rising Museum. The app integrates with beacons, which were to be placed in the museum, and shows text, video, and image information about Uprising 44. The app references Norman Davies' book "Uprising 44" and contains interview videos with the author. The app wasn't published, but it was a promising piece of software.
- BonTV (Development)
Android app similar to YouTube, in which you can see videos from http://www.bon-tv.com (I also developed the site). The app connects with ChromeCast, allows you to create playlists, add videos to favorites, and more.
- iLumio (Development)http://ilumioapp.com/
iLumio is an entertainment system designed for hotels. I am a member of the team that created the whole system. I worked on the Android app, hotel system integration, and server side.
- FiveS (Development)
This Android app allows auditors to control five standards of quality in factories and companies. The auditor can rate each quality factor, take photos, and write notes. When the audit is finished, all information is presented on charts and can be exported to CSV or PDF file formats.
The app is not available for download - the customer distributes it on his own.
- MonopolyGame (Development)
This Android app was created with my colleague for a bachelor's degree. It's a game very similar to Monopoly. The game was designed to allow players to play together, each one of his own phone via Bluetooth. Players can also play with a computer player. There is an implemented artificial intelligence mechanism that uses fuzzy logic. The app also provides local game-saving status.
- Discover the Benefits of Android Clean Architecture (Publication)It’s easy to get entangled in spaghetti code, fuzzy responsibilities, and opaque architecture. It is just as easy to write crisp, clear code that is just as easy to write, maintain, and update with a little forethought. Join Toptal Android Developer Tomasz Czura as he guides you through the process and the reasoning behind creating clean architecture on Android.
- Introduction to Kotlin: Android Programming For Humans (Publication)Java has been a dominant programming language for ages, but modern times call for modern languages. Meet Kotlin, a modern, clear, and expressive programming language powered by the same virtual machine technology that powers Java. In this article, Toptal Freelance Software Engineer Tomasz Czura takes us for a spin through the world of Kotlin and shows us how it can be used to make an Android application with an elegant architecture without compromising the very qualities of the code that Kotlin aims to provide.
FrameworksRedux, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Android SDK, Ruby on Rails 5, Dagger, React Native, Ruby on Rails 4, iOS SDK
Libraries/APIsRedux Form, React Redux, Fabric, Butterknife, React, Joda-Time, Otto, REST APIs, Android API, Retrofit, Android Support Library, Firebase Android SDK, ActiveAndroid, RxJava, iOS API, WebRTC
ToolsAndroid Studio, Jira, IntelliJ IDEA, Bitbucket, RubyMine, Git, GitHub, Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), Android NDK, Microsoft Visual Studio, Gradle, SQLiteManager
ParadigmsMobile Development, Model View Presenter (MVP), REST, Agile Software Development, Mobile Design
PlatformsAndroid, Mobile, Firebase, iOS, Android TV
StorageJSON, Realm Database, Realm, SQLite, PostgreSQL
OtherMobile App Development, Full-stack, Google Material Design, RESTful APIs, Apps, APIs, Bluetooth, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Web Development
- Master's degree in Computer Science2013 - 2015University of Science and Technology - Krakow, Poland
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology2009 - 2013University of Technology - Krakow, Poland