Founder2019 - PRESENTCityX
Technologies: Firebase, React Native, iOS, Android, React, APIs, Card Payments, Payment APIs, Node.js, Mobile Design, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Full-stack, UI Design, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Mobile Development
- Acted as the founder and CTO of CityX, a company specializing in smart city app solutions. The app is available in over 50 cities and 12 countries and has been translated into ten languages. The app consists of a collection of APIs and open data.
- Found answers to questions on how to make the biggest app in a smart city space. Brought the idea to life, including contributing to designing the system architecture, leading developers, and creating the entire UI/UX.
- t this moment CityX app is a fully functional application available in stores. Many AI solutions have reduced the need for an oversized team. Quarterly growth is approx 200%.
- Utilized my skills, encompassing React Native, Firebase, React, Node.js, UI/UX, Google Cloud, Payment solutions, tons of API integrations, and cloud functions.
Full-stack Mobile Developer2020 - 2022Entrio
Technologies: React Native, UI Design, UX Design, Firebase, Firebase Realtime Database, APIs, Scanning, Ticketing, Ticket Systems, Events, Event Ticketing, SQL, SQLite, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Figma, Mobile Development
- Developed a mobile app from Entrio, the most prominent Croatian event-ticketing company with more than 1,200 events per year and more than 280,000 tickets.
- Developed a React Native application from scratch that was intended as a ticket scanner connected to a few servers with non-SQL and SQL databases.
- Contributed to developing the React Native application that consisted of multiple solutions, including communication between scanners, offline mode, and tons of logs. Event organizers could hire Entrio to ensure a smooth process.
Co-founder | CTO and Full-stack Mobile Developer2018 - 2020Grga
Technologies: Firebase, React Native, CSS, iOS, Android, Payment APIs, Credit Card Processing, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Full-stack, UI Design, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Mobile Development
- Worked on Grga, a mobile application for payment and ordering processes related to restaurants and bars. The app provides a solution for connecting to more than 50,000 cash registers. One solution enables users to make orders and pay with a QR code.
- Designed a system, created a mobile app and the UI/UX and connected with the payment gateway. Worked on it for a little over two years; millions were paid without any mistakes or wrong orders, and I have a reason to be satisfied with the project.
- Completed the project and after a successful exit, Grga still exists within a large multinational company.
Co-founder and Senior Full-stack Developer2015 - 2018Touchmoon
Technologies: React, React Native, PHP, MySQL, APIs, HTML5, CSS, Design, Firebase, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Full-stack, UI Design, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Created an application for Touchmoon, a demanding project that aimed to represent a new generation of mobile messengers. The application has multiple unique solutions and features like animations, strong security, and custom games.
- Created the functional UI/UX and the web part of the project.
- Delivered Touchmoon, the app had a good start, excellent reviews, and was mentioned in the media.
Senior Front-end Developer2012 - 2016FragranceX (via Toptal)
- Developed the front end and responsive design as my role for the project.
- Worked for FragranceX, one of the biggest US-based eCommerce stores. Every "pixel" on the web was important, and my focus on details came to the fore.
Senior Front-end Developer2014 - 2014LogoGarden (via Toptal)
- Designed and developed the company website and improved the UI/UX for responsive websites.
- Built LogoGarden, an online logo creation for your business with over 2.5 million custom logos made. Users can create their logos fast and for free.
Senior Front-end Developer2013 - 2013Rock Lobby (via Toptal)
- Developed a custom CMS solution.
- Developed UI/UX elements using jQuery.
Front-end Developer2012 - 2013Rise Events (via Toptal)
- Developed four websites for this Washington D.C.-based real estate company.
- Designed four connected web pages based on the same style with small variations.
- Created a jQuery/GoogleMap system to display location on mouseover.
Front-end Developer2012 - 2013Eminent Domains/IMissYou (via Toptal)
- Created a strong and user friendly front-end with many jQuery features.
- Built a beautiful but technically complex layout with a combination of photos/videos/Twitter/Facebook/message and models put in masonry composition.
Senior Web Developer2012 - 2012Design Theorem/oMiami (via Toptal)
Technologies: jQuery, HTML5, CSS3, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Full-stack, UI Design
- Handled project finalization to solve problems with connecting scrolling events and pointing places on maps.
- Took care of various advanced CSS tasks.
Owner, Senior Web Developer (Code and Design)2001 - 2012Studio Cro-Design
Technologies: CSS3, HTML5, Ajax, jQuery, MySQL, PHP, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Full-stack, UI Design
- Created a photo community site independently with over 13,000 users in the Croatian photography community. Received numerous recognitions and included over 800 themed competitions. Looked into expanding the site to the US market.
- Created a B2B image sharing system for Mars, a large food distribution company. Designed initially for Mars Croatia, but later expanded to Mars Europe. Included automated image preparation, zip file creation, and download management.
- Developed a CMS for a real estate agency, including multi-language support and a best property search features.
- Wrote a fully automated system that used Expedia API for booking hotels and flights.
- Created a small corporate web page with a clean design displaying a simple, custom CMS and moderate use of jQuery and Flash.
Co-founder, Web Project Manager, Senior Developer2009 - 2011iKiosk
Technologies: CSS, Ajax, jQuery, CSS3, HTML5, MySQL, PHP, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Full-stack, UI Design
- Developed a system independently for formatting and selling digital magazines, books, and newspapers. Won recognition from Forbes magazine as a great internet business project.