Verified Expert in Engineering
In 2005, Tommaso started his career as a software engineer and then made the leap to mobile development in 2011, linking the two worlds together. Joining enterprises and the Agile methodology pushed his career to the next level—TDD and clean code blew his mind! Since 2015, Tommaso has worked in feature squads, taking care of every development aspect, from the back end to the front end to continuous delivery processes.
Zoom, Slack, Android Studio, Xcode, JetBrains
The most amazing...
...project I've developed was an app to allow customers to manage their robotic lawnmowers remotely through a Bluetooth connection.
Senior Full-stack Engineer
- Participated in the FE platform team initially (monorepo, Node.js, NX, Next.js, and React).
- Worked and currently working with the back-end platform team (Go, Kubernetes, and GCP).
- Developed a real-time notification system to notify customers about certain events (Webhooks for API customers and email for App customers).
Senior Full-stack Engineer
- Worked on the restaurant and groceries search platform with Java microservices, Kinesis messaging system, Datadog, and Terraform for monitoring.
- Focused on KPIs to improve store and product discoverability.
- Led the modularization of the search endpoint, writing a configurable system allowing multiple tasks to be clearly defined and executed with a remote configuration at runtime.
- Helped with the mobile development on iOS and Android when needed.
- Focused on the car hire vertical and worked on highly scalable microservices, websites, and mobile apps.
- Owned and developed the new car hire filter page for the iOS and Android apps.
- Organized an office-wide biweekly clean code class.
- Contributed to the entire native mobile app, from search pages to the customer area.
- Led the migration to React Native with TypeScript.
- Developed the website's customer service area, taking care of all the related microservices in a continuous delivery environment.
Co-founder | CTO
- Developed the first hybrid version of the Android and iOS apps.
- Migrated to a first stable release with native code.
- Integrated new features experimenting with React Native and TypeScript.
Zucchetti Centro Sistemi
- Led the development of Ambrogio L60, built on top of a real-time scheduler and a hierarchical state machine, giving the robot high reliability in terms of responsiveness and security.
- Oversaw the development of Ambrogio Remote for iOS and Android, the app customers use to drive, update, and manage their robots.
- Developed the first robot able to work on gardens without a magnetic perimeter—thanks to grass sensors.
Ambrogio Remote App | iOS and Androidhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.centrosistemi.ambrogioremote&hl=en
It uses a Bluetooth connection and allows customers to drive, configure working hours and update the various types of firmware of their robots.
BNL Tennis Academy App | Androidhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tennis.academy&hl=en
It provides useful beginner tips to improve their skills as well as all the info to always stay up to date with the latest news from this fantastic sport.
Kinect Video Gamehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqom77Rihec
I spent some times creating video games aimed to entertain people during public events and clubs.
React Native, Android SDK, Next.js, Tailwind CSS, Swagger, Express.js, Redux, Flask, Dropwizard, OpenNI, Microsoft Kinect
React, Node.js, REST APIs, Google Maps API
Mobile Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), Microservices, REST, Automation, Scrum
Android, iOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Docker, Amazon EC2, Kubernetes, Vercel
Full-stack, Full-stack Development, APIs, API Integration, Mobile Apps, Architecture, Back-end, Back-end Development, Front-end Development, Front-end, Payment APIs, Data Scraping, Web Scraping, Software Architecture, Distributed Systems, Message Queues, API Gateways, GitHub Workflows, Amazon Kinesis, OpenTSDB, Pub/Sub, Nx, Credit Card Processing, Authentication
Xcode, Android Studio, Webpack, JetBrains, Slack, Zoom, Terraform, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR), Amazon ElastiCache, Grafana, GitHub
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Datadog, Amazon DynamoDB