Unity Developer and Render Programmer2018 - PRESENTClients (via Toptal)
Technologies: C#, HLSL, Unity, Virtual Reality (VR), Maya, 3D Art, Photoshop CC, Rendering Pipelines, System Architecture, Rendering
- Developed a VR tracking plugin for Unity that helps monetize free-to-play VR apps.
- Created several interactive experiences, some of which were VR, for Cortina Productions.
- Built the architecture for a Unity-based mobile game that was highly modular and can serve as a foundation for any kind of mobile game.
AR/VR Specialist and Screener2018 - PRESENTToptal
Technologies: ARCore, ARKit, Unreal Engine 4, Unity, Virtual Reality (VR), C#, C++, Unreal Engine, Maya, Node.js, Photoshop CC, Rendering
- Gathered market information about AR/VR and helped create a screening process for developers.
- Screened developers who applied for the AR/VR specialization by going through their background and presenting them with various challenges to solve.
- Helped screeners and recruiters better understand AR/VR technologies and tools.
- Checked for technical knowledge, problem-solving ability, and intellect through various assessments.
- Conducted in-depth skill reviews for potential Toptal talents.
Founder2015 - PRESENTThree Swords Studio
Technologies: Unity, Virtual Reality (VR), C#, C++, Unreal Engine, Maya, Node.js, 3D Art, Houdini, Photoshop CC, Rendering Pipelines, System Architecture, Rendering
- Created four Unity mobile apps—all published within a year.
- Participated in several development conferences as a speaker and as an attendee to expand business network.
- Funded and produced a game from start to finish which is currently in the post-production phase.
Expert Unreal Engine Developer2021 - 2022RYOT
Technologies: Unreal Engine 4, Unreal Engine, C++, Python 3, Maya, Houdini, Photoshop CC, Rendering Pipelines, Rendering
- Maintained and improved an automated render system relying on Unreal Engine 4 and later on Unreal Engine 5, reading USD files to create videos on the AWS platform.
- Improved Python scripts responsible for triggering movie renders inside Unreal.
- Made numerous changes to Unreal's USD importer plugin so it can support things like exposing attributes to blueprints, hooking up cameras automatically in sequences, etc.
Lead Render Programmer2019 - 2020Make a Bag
Technologies: Art, HLSL, Unity, C#, Maya, 3D Art, Photoshop CC, Rendering Pipelines, System Architecture, Rendering
- Created photo-realistic representations of 3D bags in Unity using custom shaders.
- Optimized the app to run smoothly on Mobile devices and WebGL.
- Helped structure the app, worked on improving its performance, and implemented numerous new features.
Lead Engine Programmer2016 - 2018Ubisoft
Technologies: C++, Virtual Reality (VR), C#, Photoshop CC, Rendering Pipelines, System Architecture, Rendering
- Worked in a big team of over 500 people collaborating on the same project.
- Developed third-party software solutions, which I've also integrated into a custom game engine created by the company.
- Managed a team of six developers to deliver milestones and tasks required for the project's successful launch and post-launch updates.
- Constructed a complex and robust pipeline with a strict source control solution that incorporated Jira.
R&D Tech Lead2015 - 2016Eipix Entertainment
Technologies: Unity, Virtual Reality (VR), C#, C++, Unreal Engine, Maya, 3D Art, Photoshop CC, System Architecture, Rendering
- Sold Endtimes Studio to Eipix Entertainment and merged my team into their company, where I led a large team to develop mobile and VR games using Unity.
- Created and published over ten mobile titles with Eipix.
- Developed and published, as a lead developer, a VR title called Althora.
- Honed my Unity skills by working with shaders, server-client communication systems, various APIs, and more.
CEO and Founder2014 - 2015Endtimes Studio
Technologies: Unity, Unreal Engine 4, Virtual Reality (VR), C#, C++, Unreal Engine, Maya, Node.js, 3D Art, Photoshop CC, System Architecture, Rendering
- Created a VR game called Plugged using Unreal Engine 4, making it one of the first games of its kind.
- Developed multiple mobile games with Unity and Unreal Engine 4 for clients around the world.
- Cultivated marketing, sales, management, and pipeline skills, which allowed me to better understand the gaming industry.
- Constructed a complete VR/AR pipeline for visualizing architecture using real-time technologies such as Unreal Engine 4.
- Worked with many architectures and design firms like BMW and CBRE to create VR and AR presentations of their work.
System Architect and Lead Developer2013 - 2014Software Nation
Technologies: Unity, WordPress, HTML5, Angular, Node.js, C#, C++, Photoshop CC, System Architecture
- Worked on multiple websites with various purposes, which allowed me to hone my web skills such as Angular, Node.js, and WordPress.
- Created HTML5 games using Canvas and Node.js as the back-end technology.
- Led a team of game developers in making a massive multiplayer game using Unity and a Photon server.
Web Developer2011 - 2013ITekako
- Created a web app using CouchDB and AngularJS that served as a note that you could use anywhere.
- Worked on a big project with real-time data streaming and updating information from a C++ server that did massive calculations from live football games.
- Handled the real-time display of movements of football players using HTML5 Canvas and WebSockets.
Programming Intern2007 - 2011Blizzard Entertainment
Technologies: Lua, Python, C++, Photoshop CC
- Worked as a part of a remote training program that developed some R&D technologies used by some of Blizzard's titles. These included physics accelerated by GPU, various rendering optimizations and improvements, back-end system improvements, and more.
- Created GPU-accelerated physics that could handle a large number of objects being simulated at once.
- Developed refraction shaders that could distort things underneath them without using an advanced Grab pass.
- Used C++ as a low-level platform for creating a top-level interpreter for various Lua and Python scripts.