Verified Expert in Engineering
3D Art Developer
Vladimir is a game developer with experience in Unity, Unreal Engine 4, game development, VFX, animation, modeling, marketing, and entrepreneurship—publishing many games. He's worked as a lead engine developer at Ubisoft and has helped create the AR/VR specialization at Toptal.
Unreal Engine 4, Visual Studio, Windows, Unreal Engine, Unity
The most amazing...
...thing was founding a startup where I had to manage people, write code and system architecture, and advise on marketing, sales, and business development.
Unity Developer and Render Programmer
Clients (via Toptal)
- Developed a VR tracking plugin for Unity that helps monetize free-to-play VR apps.
- Created several interactive experiences, some of which were VR, for Cortina Productions.
- Built the architecture for a Unity-based mobile game that was highly modular and can serve as a foundation for any kind of mobile game.
AR/VR Specialist and Screener
- Gathered market information about AR/VR and helped create a screening process for developers.
- Screened developers who applied for the AR/VR specialization by going through their background and presenting them with various challenges to solve.
- Helped screeners and recruiters better understand AR/VR technologies and tools.
- Checked for technical knowledge, problem-solving ability, and intellect through various assessments.
- Conducted in-depth skill reviews for potential Toptal talents.
Three Swords Studio
- Created four Unity mobile apps—all published within a year.
- Participated in several development conferences as a speaker and as an attendee to expand business network.
- Funded and produced a game from start to finish which is currently in the post-production phase.
Unity Expert Developer
Hothouse Enterprises, Inc.
- Designed a scalable basis for a Unity-based book app.
- Ensured that the app could dynamically add new pages, easily stylize them, and incorporate animated elements.
- Built the app to be as lightweight as possible because the average user session would be over 20 minutes.
Expert Unreal Engine Developer
- Maintained and improved an automated render system relying on Unreal Engine 4 and later on Unreal Engine 5, reading USD files to create videos on the AWS platform.
- Improved Python scripts responsible for triggering movie renders inside Unreal.
- Made numerous changes to Unreal's USD importer plugin so it can support things like exposing attributes to blueprints, hooking up cameras automatically in sequences, etc.
Lead Render Programmer
Make a Bag
- Created photo-realistic representations of 3D bags in Unity using custom shaders.
- Optimized the app to run smoothly on Mobile devices and WebGL.
- Helped structure the app, worked on improving its performance, and implemented numerous new features.
Lead Engine Programmer
- Worked in a big team of over 500 people collaborating on the same project.
- Developed third-party software solutions, which I've also integrated into a custom game engine created by the company.
- Managed a team of six developers to deliver milestones and tasks required for the project's successful launch and post-launch updates.
- Constructed a complex and robust pipeline with a strict source control solution that incorporated Jira.
R&D Tech Lead
- Sold Endtimes Studio to Eipix Entertainment and merged my team into their company, where I led a large team to develop mobile and VR games using Unity.
- Created and published over ten mobile titles with Eipix.
- Developed and published, as a lead developer, a VR title called Althora.
- Honed my Unity skills by working with shaders, server-client communication systems, various APIs, and more.
CEO and Founder
- Created a VR game called Plugged using Unreal Engine 4, making it one of the first games of its kind.
- Developed multiple mobile games with Unity and Unreal Engine 4 for clients around the world.
- Cultivated marketing, sales, management, and pipeline skills, which allowed me to better understand the gaming industry.
- Constructed a complete VR/AR pipeline for visualizing architecture using real-time technologies such as Unreal Engine 4.
- Worked with many architectures and design firms like BMW and CBRE to create VR and AR presentations of their work.
System Architect and Lead Developer
- Worked on multiple websites with various purposes, which allowed me to hone my web skills such as Angular, Node.js, and WordPress.
- Created HTML5 games using Canvas and Node.js as the back-end technology.
- Led a team of game developers in making a massive multiplayer game using Unity and a Photon server.
- Created a web app using CouchDB and AngularJS that served as a note that you could use anywhere.
- Worked on a big project with real-time data streaming and updating information from a C++ server that did massive calculations from live football games.
- Handled the real-time display of movements of football players using HTML5 Canvas and WebSockets.
- Worked as a part of a remote training program that developed some R&D technologies used by some of Blizzard's titles. These included physics accelerated by GPU, various rendering optimizations and improvements, back-end system improvements, and more.
- Created GPU-accelerated physics that could handle a large number of objects being simulated at once.
- Developed refraction shaders that could distort things underneath them without using an advanced Grab pass.
- Used C++ as a low-level platform for creating a top-level interpreter for various Lua and Python scripts.
Three Swords Studio
PlayCanvas Product Design Demoshttps://playcanv.as/p/RqJJ9oU9/
VR Tracking Plugin for Unity (via Toptal)
This was a successful project which I've developed through Toptal.
Interactive VR Experience for Cortina Productions
Lead Engine Developer at Ubisoft
Render Programmer and Tech Artist at Make A Bag
I implemented photorealistic 3D solutions with capabilities such as adjustable lighting, printable 3D parts, and bag embossing visualization.
Blade Bouncer 2: Revolutionhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.threeswords.bladebouncerrevolution&hl=en&gl=US
Unity, Unreal Engine, Unreal Engine 4, ARKit
Photoshop CC, Maya, Illustrator CC, Houdini, Knex.js, Visual Studio
System Architecture, Rendering Pipelines, Rendering, Virtual Reality (VR), 3D Art, Software Development
Windows, ARCore, Firebase
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming and Algorithms
University of Belgrade, Mathematics Faculty - Belgrade, Serbia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring