Verified Expert in Design
Aida is a UX/UI designer with experience designing for Fortune 500 companies like Nike, Levi’s, Activision, and more. Her experience spans across digital agency to co-founding a startup and leading the redesign of major web software. Aida's passion lies in crafting the full product life cycle revolving around human-centered design, business goals, and market trends.
Utility Management Web App
Destiny The Game Website Refresh
User Experience Design Consultant
- Led the redesign of a digital web and analytics platform, contributing to a 16% increase in customer base, equating to 350,000 additional devices managed using the platform across North America, The Caribbean Basin, and Central America.
- Increased user ability to make smarter business decisions through drastically improving product workflow, leveraging granular data and providing actionable insights to the right utility personnel at the right time.
- Brought the company up to speed with today's design standards leveraging modern design methodologies and practices in user experience and interface design as well as research.
- Increased team productivity by executing a new workflow for quick design feedback to developers within the agile model.
- Restructured and reorganized complex sets of data from meter readings of utility devices such as gas, electricity, and water, and implemented the new data groupings inside a new software architecture with a focus on training and visual cues.
Serene Audio Inc.
- Led the industrial and user experience design of a full product from ideation to design for manufacturing, leveraging design thinking methodologies and user research to inform the product design as well as its manufacturing and marketing strategy.
- Elevated the company's overall impact through leveraging effective networks and strategies in marketing, social media, design improvements, research, and user insights, while building a solid network of advisors.
- Increased the company's social media presence by establishing new social channels, introducing a consistent and meaningful social media strategy, improving the company's website, and creating impactful collateral for blog posts and social media outlets.
- Boosted the company's influence by developing an end-to-end brand guideline, covering many aspects such as brand personality, tone and voice, manifesto, and visual guide.
- Designed new products from concept to research, sketching, prototypes, 3D modeling, design for manufacturing, outsourcing, and conducted factory visits in China for production.
User Experience Designer
- Contributed to the creation of world-class campaigns and interactive experiences (digital and physical) for Fortune 500 brands such as Nike Jordan, Activision (Call of Duty, Destiny), Levi's, Google Glass, and more.
- Conducted qualitative and quantitative user research, audits and analysis, planned strategy, created user journeys, ecosystem diagrams, and wireframes using Illustrator, Indesign, Sketch, and InVision.
- Designed unique experiences for web and mobile campaigns, product releases, and retail engagement leveraging research, strategy, and design methodologies.
- Contributed with UX insights and ideas to cross-functioning teams of visual designers, developers, project managers, and more.
- Effectively communicated ideas and designs by giving presentations directly to high-level Fortune 500 clients, putting a focus on storytelling.
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design
Emily Carr University of Art + Design - Vancouver, British Columbia
Exchange Term During Progress towards a Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design
Lund University - Lund, Sweden