Verified Expert in Design
Amy is a UX designer and researcher with over 15+ years of professional experience working with advertising and branding agencies on projects for small startups to Fortune 500. She has worked in-house and remotely with multidisciplinary teams of all sizes to help guide a product's functionality, development, content, and layout into an engaging, rewarding experience. Amy is always on the lookout for exciting and innovative collaborations.
NFL Fantasy Football
D + Me
UX Design and Research Lead
- Worked on contract work with branding and advertising agencies for small startups to Fortune 500, including companies like NFL, Amgen, Toyota, and Disney.
- Defined functionality, content, navigation, and interaction models through prototypes, page-level wireframes, sitemaps, process flowcharts, use cases, and content matrices.
- Generated the user requirement definition by leading and participating in creative brainstorming and working sessions with internal and client teams.
- Presented deliverables and recommendations to clients and led related meetings.
- Led the user persona research and documentation to express major needs and expectations of the most important user groups.
- Worked closely with content strategists to develop content and data models, nomenclature, and taxonomies.
- Researched and evangelized the latest tools, methodologies, practices, and trends related to the field.
- Contributed to the overall strategic direction and vision of projects, making positive contributions in a tightly-knit, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Conducted multiple primary and secondary research methods, including interviews with key stakeholders, observation, surveys, and usability studies, and delivered finding reports.
- Conducted heuristic pattern analysis, UX and competitive audits, and delivered reports outlining opportunities for improvement and guidelines to support a best practice experience.
UX Design Lead
- Spearheaded a year-long UX definition phase to transform a fragmented, complex, and restrictive experience into a unified, simplified, customer-centric community hub for a major software client.
- Brought the customer-first strategic vision to life through user and business requirements, site maps, user flows, hundreds of wireframes and modules, and functional specifications.
- Led client presentations and UX workshops and presented concepts with concrete tactical rationale.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams of strategists, UX designers, UI designers, developers, and project managers.
Senior Product Designer
- Collaborated with a multidisciplinary team to develop the UX strategy and concepts for a new SaaS product aimed at digitizing the design process for all footwear companies.
- Conducted one-on-one interviews with end-users to understand the footwear industry and audience needs.
- Brought the UX research to life through detailed personas and user journeys to drive the UX design strategy.
- Gathered product requirements from stakeholders and user interviews.
- Created a feature prioritization matrix that detailed the product roadmap and defined the focus of the MVP.
- Designed detailed user flows, site maps, and wireframes.
Associated Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Provided a heuristic analysis of the UX design and usability of three HCM software solutions—Workday, Dayforce, and Ultimate.
- Created the evaluation criteria based on Jacob Nielsen's ten heuristics and scored each HCM solution.
- Delivered findings reports, ranking each HCM system and outlining best practices for HCM solutions.
Senior Usability Consultant
- Contributed to the UX strategy and design of brand experiences for clients like the Four Season Hotels and Resorts, Sony PlayStation, and The College Board.
- Interfaced and collaborated with digital strategists, content strategists, brand identity designers, and developers.
- Crafted personas, sitemaps, site flows, wireframes, use cases, and prototypes.
- Planned and conducted usability studies (one-on-one interviews, surveys, and usability tests) and provided a report of the analysis relating to the usability issues, including those specific to the test and any additional ones observed.
- Mentored and managed junior to mid-level user experience designers.
Senior Information Architect
- Collaborated with large teams of visual designers, information architects, business analysts, account managers, content strategists, and developers on the redesigns of toyota.com, mazda.com, and infinitiusa.com.
- Engaged in the website development process from RFP to project inception (discovery and strategy) to implementation (design and development.).
- Contributed to developing UX-driven automotive advertising campaigns that were engaging, effective marketing initiatives, and relevant and helpful user experiences.
- Focused intensely on the automotive industry and what incentivized users to keep moving down the automotive shopping funnel.
- Contributed to the UX strategy and design of web experiences for clients like Southern California Edison, Disney, and Toyota.
- Created research and design deliverables: research plans, usability tests, reports, personas, user flows, annotated wireframes, sitemaps, and customer journey maps.
- Interfaced and collaborated with digital strategists, content strategists, visual designers, and developers.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology
University of California, Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz, CA, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring