Verified Expert in Design
Amy is a UX designer and researcher with over 15+ years of professional experience working with advertising and branding agencies on projects for small startups to Fortune 500. She has worked in-house and remotely with multidisciplinary teams of all sizes to help guide a product's functionality, development, content, and layout into an engaging, rewarding experience. Amy is always on the lookout for exciting and innovative collaborations.
Senior UX Designer and Researcher
- Worked on contract work with branding and advertising agencies for small startups to Fortune 500, including companies like NFL, Amgen, Toyota, and Disney.
- Defined functionality, content, navigation, and interaction models through prototypes, page-level wireframes, sitemaps, process flowcharts, use cases, and content matrices.
- Generated the user requirement definition by leading and participating in creative brainstorming and working sessions with internal and client teams.
- Presented deliverables and recommendations to clients and led related meetings.
- Led the user persona research and documentation to express major needs and expectations of the most important user groups.
- Worked closely with content strategists to develop content and data models, nomenclature, and taxonomies.
- Researched and evangelized the latest tools, methodologies, practices, and trends related to the field.
- Contributed to the overall strategic direction and vision of projects, making positive contributions in a tightly-knit, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Conducted multiple primary and secondary research methods, including interviews with key stakeholders, observation, surveys, and usability studies, and delivered finding reports.
- Conducted heuristic pattern analysis, UX and competitive audits, and delivered reports outlining opportunities for improvement and guidelines to support a best practice experience.
UX Design Lead
- Spearheaded a year long UX definition phase to re-imagine a fragmented, complex, and restrictive experience to a unified, simplified, customer-centric community hub for a major software client.
- Brought the customer-first strategic vision to life through user and business requirements, site maps, user flows, 100s of wireframes and modules, and functional specifications.
- Led client presentations and UX workshops and presented concepts with concrete tactical rationale.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams of strategists, UX designers, UI designers, developers, and project managers.
Senior Product Designer
- Collaborated with a multidisciplinary team to develop the UX strategy and concepts for a new SaaS product aimed at digitizing the design process for all footwear companies.
- Conducted one-on-one interviews with end-users to understand the footwear industry and audience needs.
- Brought the UX research to life through detailed personas and user journeys to drive the UX design strategy.
- Gathered product requirements from stakeholders and user interviews.
- Created a feature prioritization matrix that detailed the product roadmap and defined the focus of the MVP.
- Designed detailed user flows, site maps, and wireframes.
Associated Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Provided a heuristic analysis of the UX design and usability of three HCM software solutions—Workday, Dayforce, and Ultimate.
- Created the evaluation criteria based on Jacob Nielsen's ten heuristics and scored each HCM solution.
- Delivered findings reports, ranking each HCM system and outlining best practices for HCM solutions.
Senior Usability Consultant
- Contributed to the UX strategy and design of brand experiences for clients like the Four Season Hotels and Resorts, Sony PlayStation, and The College Board.
- Interfaced and collaborated with digital strategists, content strategists, brand identity designers, and developers.
- Crafted personas, sitemaps, site flows, wireframes, use cases, and prototypes.
- Planned and conducted usability studies (one-on-one interviews, surveys, and usability tests) and provided a report of the analysis relating to the usability issues, including those specific to the test and any additional ones observed.
- Mentored and managed junior to mid-level user experience designers.
Senior Information Architect
- Collaborated with large teams of visual designers, information architects, business analysts, account managers, content strategists, and developers on the redesigns of toyota.com, mazda.com, and infinitiusa.com.
- Engaged in the website development process from RFP to project inception (discovery and strategy) to implementation (design and development.).
- Contributed to developing UX-driven automotive advertising campaigns that were engaging, effective marketing initiatives, and relevant and helpful user experiences.
- Focused intensely on the automotive industry and what incentivized users to keep moving down the automotive shopping funnel.
- Contributed to the UX strategy and design of web experiences for clients like Southern California Edison, Disney, and Toyota.
- Created research and design deliverables: research plans, usability tests, reports, personas, user flows, annotated wireframes, sitemaps, and customer journey maps.
- Interfaced and collaborated with digital strategists, content strategists, visual designers, and developers.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology
University of California, Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz, CA, USA