Toptal Member Since
July 3, 2020
Andris is a seasoned product designer (UI/UX) with ten years of experience creating high-converting digital products that meet business and user needs. He is a Google and UXQB-certified UX professional who has worked in the fintech, healthcare, and data recovery industries, among others. Andris has worked with internationally known brands such as Halfords and Croud and smaller startup companies, creating products for Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac platforms.
Andris is available for hireHire Andris
Walit Banking App
UsabilityUsability GuidelinesAdobe PhotoshopAdobe Experience Design (XD)UI DesignFintech+ 3 more
Enigma Recovery Desktop Software
Windows UI DesignUX DesignUI DesignDataTablesSoftware DesignAxure RP Pro+ 3 more
Mediq Responsive Web Application
UI DesignB2BAdobe Experience Design (XD)Web ApplicationsResponsive DesignHealthcare+ 4 more
2019 - PRESENT
UI/UX and Product Designer
- Designed an interactive iPad app in Figma for a sales demo that landed new clients in the healthcare sector.
- Created a design system in Figma for a crypto and banking application and designed the help and support area of the app.
- Redesigned the UI of a fully responsive web application in the healthcare industry, which received positive feedback from existing clients and led to a reduced churn rate.
- Provided a mobile banking application concept from scratch, including the UX, UI, onboarding, ID verification, and cards.
- Performed UX audits on high-traffic B2B and B2C websites via user interviews and research, highlighting issues and proposing fixes that increased conversions.
Technologies: Marvel App, Adobe Photoshop, Axure, Adobe Experience Design (XD), Figma, Web App UX, Responsive UI, Usertesting.com, UX Research, Product Design, Mobile Design, UX Design, UI Design, UX Audits, Usability, Prototyping, Mobile Apps, Usability Heuristics, Web Usability, User Flows, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Design Production, Digital Product Design, Android App Design, Web UX Design, Information Architecture (IA), Design Systems, Financial Design, Dashboards, Data Visualization, Software as a Service (SaaS), Mobile UI, Mobile UX, User Journeys, Mobile App Design, Product Strategy, Responsive Web Design (RWD), App Design, Branding, Mockups, SaaS, Style Guides, UI Style Guides, UI Prototyping, UX Prototyping, B2B, Dashboard Design, Visual Design, Heuristics, Mobile UX Design, Web App UI, Web App Design, Design Thinking, High-fidelity Mockups, Low-fidelity Mockups, Material Design, Responsive Web Apps, Web Applications, Agile, Competitive Analysis, Design Specifications, High-fidelity Prototypes, Interactive Prototypes, Rapid Interactive Prototyping, Design Guidelines, Accessibility, Web Accessibility, Usability Testing, iPad, Medical Applications
2018 - 2019
Senior Web Designer
- Redesigned a large eCommerce website in the IT industry. Presented designs and explained my approach and how various UI/UX issues that would lead to increased conversions were addressed.
- Designed a responsive web application for configuring Dell equipment. Managed stakeholders and presented designs.
- Built a flexible UI template for the in-house CMS used by the whole company. Liaised with developers and implementers to ensure the template was fully responsive and allowed easy customization.
- Created landing page designs for various local and global B2B websites, including Toshiba, Dell, and others in the IT industry, while also adapting brand guidelines and ensuring good usability.
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Experience Design (XD), UI Design, Mobile UI Design, Web Design, Landing Page Design, Software as a Service (SaaS), User Journeys, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Life Insurance, SaaS, Mockups, B2B, Dashboard Design, Heuristics, Insurance, Web App UX, Web App UI, High-fidelity Mockups, Low-fidelity Mockups, Material Design, Responsive Web Apps, Web Applications
2014 - 2018
UX Designer | CRO Specialist
Enigma Digital Ltd.
- Created the UX and UI for a Windows and Mac application suite that recovers deleted data from smartphones. Performed user research, surveys, data analysis, and user testing.
- Designed iOS and Android mobile applications with desktop software to recover data.
- Implemented a CRO strategy across the website and products, tracked conversions, and met personal KPIs.
Technologies: Adobe Illustrator, Marvel App, Axure, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Experience Design (XD), Android Design Guidelines, Android UI Design, iOS UI Design, Windows UI Design, MacOS, UI Design, Usertesting.com, UX Design, Product Design, Mobile Design, UX Audits, Prototyping, Mobile Apps, Usability Heuristics, Web Usability, User Experience (UX), Agile UX, Lean Startups, MVP Design, Desktop App Design, SaaS Design, Landing Page Design, Landing Pages, Landing Page Optimization, Software as a Service (SaaS), Mobile UI, Mobile UX, Data Visualization, Dashboards, User Journeys, Mobile App Design, Product Strategy, Responsive Web Design (RWD), App Design, Branding, Mockups, SaaS, Style Guides, UI Style Guides, UI Prototyping, UX Prototyping, Dashboard Design, Visual Design, Heuristics, Mobile UX Design, UX Leadership, Web App Design, Web App UI, Web App UX, High-fidelity Mockups, Low-fidelity Mockups, Material Design, Web Applications, Agile, Competitive Analysis, Design Specifications, High-fidelity Prototypes, Interactive Prototypes, Lean UX, Rapid Interactive Prototyping, Startups, Usability Testing, Usability, Design Guidelines, Accessibility, Web Accessibility
2012 - 2014
Digital Content Coordinator
Halfords Group PLC
- Designed web adaptations of in-store promotional designs that were published across the website, seen by millions of visitors, and used by the whole design team.
- Designed landing pages for a Christmas advertising campaign on TV. Worked closely with colleagues from various departments to ensure consistent messaging and design.
- Proposed and designed an “Offers” page that contained all current offers and allowed website visitors to view them in one place.
Technologies: Adobe Fireworks, Adobe Photoshop, HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3, CSS4, Responsive Web Design (RWD)
2010 - 2012
- Worked as a freelance web designer from 2010 to 2012. Later on, I continued freelancing part-time in addition to my full-time jobs and transitioned more into UI/UX design.
- Designed a website for the local boxing gym in Worcester, UK. Took photos and videos that were later used on the website.
- Designed a website for a local woodworking business, worked with a mentor, and used WordPress.
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, Responsive Web Design (RWD), HTML, CSS, Landing Page Design
2006 - 2009
Bachelor's Degree in Social Science (Entrepreneurship and Management)
Riga Technical University - Riga, Latvia
JUNE 2021 - PRESENT
Google UX Design
APRIL 2018 - PRESENT
UXQB Foundation Level (CPUX-F)