Verified Expert in Design
Andris is a seasoned product designer (UI/UX) with ten years of experience creating high-converting digital products that meet business and user needs. He is a Google and UXQB-certified UX professional who has worked in the fintech, healthcare, and data recovery industries, among others. Andris has worked with internationally known brands such as Halfords and Croud and smaller startup companies, creating products for Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac platforms.
Walit Banking App
Mediq Responsive Web Application
UI/UX and Product Designer
- Designed an interactive iPad app in Figma for a sales demo that landed new clients in the healthcare sector.
- Created a design system in Figma for a crypto and banking application and designed the help and support area of the app.
- Redesigned the UI of a fully responsive web application in the healthcare industry, which received positive feedback from existing clients and led to a reduced churn rate.
- Provided a mobile banking application concept from scratch, including the UX, UI, onboarding, ID verification, and cards.
- Performed UX audits on high-traffic B2B and B2C websites via user interviews and research, highlighting issues and proposing fixes that increased conversions.
Senior Web Designer
- Redesigned a large eCommerce website in the IT industry. Presented designs and explained my approach and how various UI/UX issues that would lead to increased conversions were addressed.
- Designed a responsive web application for configuring Dell equipment. Managed stakeholders and presented designs.
- Built a flexible UI template for the in-house CMS used by the whole company. Liaised with developers and implementers to ensure the template was fully responsive and allowed easy customization.
- Created landing page designs for various local and global B2B websites, including Toshiba, Dell, and others in the IT industry, while also adapting brand guidelines and ensuring good usability.
UX Designer | CRO Specialist
Enigma Digital Ltd.
- Created the UX and UI for a Windows and Mac application suite that recovers deleted data from smartphones. Performed user research, surveys, data analysis, and user testing.
- Designed iOS and Android mobile applications with desktop software to recover data.
- Implemented a CRO strategy across the website and products, tracked conversions, and met personal KPIs.
Digital Content Coordinator
Halfords Group PLC
- Designed web adaptations of in-store promotional designs that were published across the website, seen by millions of visitors, and used by the whole design team.
- Designed landing pages for a Christmas advertising campaign on TV. Worked closely with colleagues from various departments to ensure consistent messaging and design.
- Proposed and designed an “Offers” page that contained all current offers and allowed website visitors to view them in one place.
- Worked as a freelance web designer from 2010 to 2012. Later on, I continued freelancing part-time in addition to my full-time jobs and transitioned more into UI/UX design.
- Designed a website for the local boxing gym in Worcester, UK. Took photos and videos that were later used on the website.
- Designed a website for a local woodworking business, worked with a mentor, and used WordPress.
Bachelor's Degree in Social Science (Entrepreneurship and Management)
Riga Technical University - Riga, Latvia
Google UX Design
UXQB Foundation Level (CPUX-F)