Verified Expert in Design
With almost two decades of product design experience working with clients from within media, telecom, and online retail, Bill has designed a wide range of product types such as eCommerce sites and streaming media apps for mobile and connected devices. He's led the UX/UI efforts on his teams taking his products from conception to production. Bill has also worked extensively with remote product teams using both waterfall and agile methodologies.
Lead UX Designer
- Led the visual design and UX for a cross-functional Agile team. Produced a nationally recognized loyalty program called Pro Xtra.
- Increased Home Depot's app engagement rate by 30% from 2020 to 2021 by launching the Pro Xtra loyalty program. Increased attached sales among program users by 320% over non-loyalty users.
- Facilitated UX collaboration with product, business, and engineering partners throughout implementation. Responded to stakeholder insights and requirements as well as measurable user feedback.
- Conducted strategic design sprints, created rapid prototypes, and conducted and reported feature-based user testing. Created mockups and specs for three development teams. Oversaw all design implementation.
- Provided design leadership that helped increase online sign-up growth from 15% to 72% in 2021.
- Facilitated the growth of junior team members and other coworkers. Provided skills-based insights, process insights, and work feedback.
Product Designer (UX/UI)
First Draft Legal, Inc.
- Designed a SaaS application that allows legal pros to quickly create intricate and comprehensive legal documents from a dynamic template creation engine. The final product saves users hours of editing and streamlines administrative sign-off.
- Conducted client workshops to discover business objectives and understand UX aspirations. Created multiple rounds of wireframes and prototypes using Figma to establish key application user flows.
- Translated approved wireframes after extensive reviews and collaboration with the client stakeholder. Developed high-fidelity mockups offering multiple styling options and eventually finished the full prototype, exceeding the client's expectations.
Product Designer (UX/UI)
- Consulted with the client to conduct a UX audit of key portions of a desktop earthquake monitoring and reporting application. The previous designer left Figma files that needed organizing into a scalable design system for the app.
- Built a design system for the engineering team, including a type ramp, icon library, key components, button library, and color guide. Created wireframes for key user flows in collaboration with the engineering team and client business partners.
- Refined desktop high-fidelity mockups and prototypes of all key user flows and then translated the interface into a mobile web app, including an animated splash screen.
Senior Product Designer
- Straddled visual design and user experience as a hybrid designer, producing a wide range of design artifacts that established the design strategy and final visual assets for our applications.
- Collaborated daily with our product and development teams to establish product and design strategy during pre-sprint phases.
- Collaborated with UX partners daily to brainstorm new product and feature concepts using user-centered design methodologies.
- Translated UX indications and business objectives into brand-centered visual design mockups and prototypes.
- Established the design production process and oversight for multiple development teams in tandem.
- Worked with stellar companies like the NHL, Golf Channel, WWE, Disney, Tiger Woods Foundation, and USA Baseball.
Sole Proprietor | UX/UI and Product Designer
Gallery Creative, Inc.
- Provided brand development and UI/UX designs for a broad range of client types, including nonprofit startups, global media companies, and small entrepreneurial ventures.
- Conducted UX and visual design development for a new media team at Turner Broadcasting on mobile and wearable applications for the NBA.
- Designed the interfaces of multiple data analytics and call center management tools for the Nexidia company.
- Created the visual design of the Agora Member Management System by applying their brand to a visual design strategy for stakeholder proposals.
- Created a visual mood board and wireframe set for the new website and eCommerce experience of the video game controller company, Scuf Gaming.
Senior Visual Designer
- Served Atlanta's Yahoo! team as a senior user experience designer with a focus on visual design.
- Built various web, mobile, and IPTV applications for large telecommunications providers (AT&T, DirectTV) with a team.
- Created the visual design of connected device applications like AT&T Flickr, AT&T Tournament Pickem, and Yahoo! Videos for AT&T—leading the full scope of the visual design from conception to production.
- Designed mobile applications for AT&T Yahoo! user portals and the NCAA March Madness experience.
- Spearheaded the UX development of web and mobile app products, creating multiple responsive web apps and native iOS, Android, and Windows Phone applications.
- Created the UX and visual design for a Yahoo! ad integration and commerce platform.
Senior Graphic Designer
- Functioned as a team's visual design lead to establish the visual style for complex eCommerce and interactive advertising campaigns.
- Developed a wide variety of static and animated design elements for clients such as Lowe's, Burt's Bees, ADT Security Systems, Coca-Cola, Carnival Cruise Lines, FedEx, and others.
- Consulted effectively with client teams to help facilitate a clearer understanding of business requirements and user needs and develop the client relationship.
- Collaborated with creative directors, copywriters, and other project members to produce project deliverables.
- Created multiple rich media ad campaigns for Carnival Cruise Lines, ADT, and Burt's Bees.
- Created the visual design for eCommerce sites for Lowes.com, Coca-Cola, Burt's Bees—producing design artifacts used for product pitching, design ideation, the creation of style guides, and production.
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Graphic Design
Georgia State University - Atlanta, GA, USA
Completed Credits in Illustration
Savannah College of Art and Design - Savannah, GA, USA