Verified Expert in Design
Can is a highly experienced and successful product, UX, UI, visual, and branding designer with many years of experience creating large and small-scale designs. He has worked for global clients in many industries, including GSK, ING, Turkcell, and many others. Can has provided his innovation and leadership experience to all sizes of companies, from enterprises to startups.
Social Monitoring, Insights and Analytics, and Engagement Planning Platform
GSK Turuncu Hat Web Platform
RebelsMarket Homepage and Graphic Design
- Collaborated closely with product owners and stakeholders to redesign the SaaS platform, adding industry-leading features and a customizable UI.
- Worked extensively on data prioritization and presentation. Performed competitor analysis and benchmarking for cross-match features and data.
- Adhered to accessibility and design standards, designing the platform as a base template that could be easily branded with the company's guidelines.
- Designed screens to cater to content that varied according to the platform's modules, ranging from media sentiment analysis to clinical research data. The amount of data visualization, tables, and charts was staggering.
- Built a solid design system that covers documentation, branding guidelines, and component and asset libraries.
Lead UX Designer
- Redesigned the Sellers' Office of N11 - one of Turkey's top marketplaces. It had 80.000 active sellers at the time the new designs were rolling out.
- Worked extensively on the discovery phase. Interviewed tens of merchants to create the best user personas and identify the current pain/gain points.
- Worked on the massive data collected in the discovery phase to develop the upgraded product. Supported with feature-by-feature competitor analysis and validated by further stakeholder interviews.
- Led UX/UI design efforts; designed the main flows, wireframes, user-testing scenarios, prototypes, and all the processes until the handoff.
- Designed an assistant that actively suggests the next steps on onboarding and the daily routine of users, which then became one of the main components of the product.
- Developed an edtech web app's signup, enrolling, and onboarding flow, which connects parents and students seamlessly with services. It was highly efficient and delivered confined spaces for each party—parents or students.
- Created UI designs that worked for adults and kids, using UI elements with kids and accessibility in mind.
- Built the gamification and implemented it seamlessly into the platform that rewards students based on their overall performance and continuity.
- Designed an advanced match-making system for staff to match students with available classes and teachers, resulting in an easier and faster matching process and better performance on the management side.
SPOT Business Systems
- Collaborated closely with stakeholders to redesign the main desktop app into a web app, which became a part of a greater app ecosystem. The ecosystem includes in-store and mobile customer-facing apps for a dry cleaning and laundry software business.
- Contributed to the apps for system management, payments and finance, and delivery services, including companion mobile apps like ones used by store employees to log actions and scan item barcodes.
- Worked on the delivery service where the admin would define delivery areas, trucks, and drivers. The driver's app was used for loading trucks, navigation, inventory actions, and payments on the go. It was a great product on its own.
- Designed the new B2B sales portal of GSK in Turkey—an eCommerce website that is, in essence, so successful that it boosted sales and retention.
- Developed a never-before-seen user flow where pharmacies can bulk order GSK products with a few clicks from their chosen wholesaler, freeing pharmacies from outdated inventory management desktop apps and websites forced by wholesalers.
- Worked extensively on discovery and definition phases, then designed the main UX and led the design team.
- Conducted user tests on real target profiles to perform the given tasks, which led to the best grid, action, and flow designs. The result was the easiest and fastest experience we could offer.
Digital Art Director | UX, UI, and Product Designer
- Engaged with companies and startups worldwide to design the best solutions and products.
- Designed B2B web, tablet, and mobile apps for time and expense tracking web service. Worked with the marketing team on new branding and the development team on new UX and UI.
- Created a new youth-targeted website for one of the biggest banks in Turkey and Europe. I handled UX, UI, usability and accessibility testing, and QA for front-end development.
- Collaborated with the marketing team and product managers to ensure the category leader mobile game, Okey, had the best experience and design. Handled UX, UI, and art direction and led illustrators on the in-game illustrations.
- Worked with Turkey's #1 mobile service provider for smart car features and wifi devices, providing consultancy services for UX and helping the design team with UI as needed.
- Developed landing page and campaign microsite designs for top brands.
- Contributed to the team that won numerous awards with digital campaigns for top brands.
- Designed websites, mobile apps, social media visuals, and branding for Nestle, PepsiCo, Unilever brands, P&G brands, ING Bank, Xbox, and Turkcell.
- Created a website and mobile app for ING Bank's private pension in Turkey and won web design awards.
- Developed landing page designs and campaign visuals that helped the social media team to create record-breaking Facebook campaigns.
Junior Art Director
- Created social media visuals and pitch presentations.
- Designed Facebook campaigns, apps, and landing pages.
- Oversaw all brands we had in the agency, including subsidiaries from Unilever and P&G, such as Vaseline, Durex, Finish, and Airwick.
- Won several digital awards with social media campaigns for Vaseline and Turkish brands.
Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design
Yeditepe University - İstanbul, Turkey