Charles Matthew Atos
Verified Expert in Design
Charles is an expert brand strategist, product designer, and art director with eight years of professional design experience in branding, marketing, and advertising. He has worked with SMEs, startups, and companies such as Coca-Cola, Netflix, Spotify, TikTok, ING, Unilever, Nestlé, H&M, Jollibee, and many more. Charles specializes in crafting winning stories and human-centric experiences through purposeful brand strategies and identity design, art and creative direction, and UI/UX design.
Brand Strategist | Identity Designer | UI/UX Designer
- Conducted extensive market research to identify customer behavior, market trends, appropriate marketing channels, customer demographics, psychographics, and competitor analysis.
- Worked collaboratively with studios and other freelance creatives to provide solutions such as UX direction, product strategies, and visual designs for clients in the eCommerce business, SaaS development, and other industries.
- Performed market analysis, including competitors, industry, and user analysis, to develop and help brands implement strategic branding by recommending brand positioning, brand language and voice, keywords, and functional opportunities and framework.
- Designed result-oriented eCommerce stores, landing pages, portfolios, and corporate websites using Shopify, Webflow, and WordPress in accordance with the brand guidelines, user personas, market research, and user flow.
- Optimized and redesigned websites and apps to improve the brand's conversion rate, meet particular success KPIs, and amplify the overall visual impact of the digital product.
- Constructed usability guidelines, usability testing, user flow diagrams, user journey maps, and UX wireframes to be translated into UI designs presented in prototypes and mockups.
- Created brand advertising campaigns using creative marketing strategies, copywriting, art direction, and creative direction.
- Formulated digital marketing strategies that make brands stand out on social media, especially in advertising and content creation.
- Translated strategies into identity design, specifically logo, typography, colors, iconography, photography, illustrations, patterns, marketing collaterals, website and app UI/UX, product packaging, and other branding applications.
- Provided accessible and comprehensive brand style guides that help stakeholders and designers maintain the consistency of the brand's image at all touchpoints.
- Created various graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and poster designs with software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Kept clients up to date, listened to and acted on feedback, and explained the rationale behind graphic design decisions.
- Developed concepts, graphics, and layouts, including making decisions about fonts, images, readability, and readers’ needs.
- Illustrated concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type, and style and submitting them for approval.
- Liaised with external printers or production teams to ensure deadlines were met and the material was printed or presented to the highest quality.
CollabUX Web Solutions
- Led a team of graphic designers, artists, and digital marketers in designing and developing website UI/UX design and marketing collaterals for clients such as Ayala Corporation, SM Investments, and BDO Unibank.
- Oversaw the team's work from conceptualization to execution of a website UI design, usability testing, user flow diagrams, and site publishing for the University of Santo Tomas Legazpi.
- Developed innovative strategies and value propositions like KPIs to measure success.
- Implemented human-centric strategies in UI/UX design using user and market research.
- Created storyboards and image sequences for animation and motion graphics used in video production to communicate ideas and strategies to executives, stakeholders, and clients.
- Spearheaded concept planning and strategic implementation of clients’ brand identity throughout social media and physical campaigns.
- Supervised all creatives and outputs to be presented to managers, supervisors, and stakeholders.
- Devised the UX workflows and prototypes and facilitated the team's brainstorming sessions.
- Managed a multi-functional team to develop creative and efficient advertising concepts, from design trends research and concept ideation to implementation.
- Designed and directed digital and printed ads for clients like Netflix, Spotify, ING Bank, Samsung, Nestlé, Unilever, TikTok, Toyota, Adidas, H&M, Jollibee Foods Corporation, UnionBank, Cebu Pacific Airlines, and San Miguel Corporation.
- Worked directly with the creative director to create storyboards and image sequences for animations, 2D and 3D motion graphics, television commercials, print materials, digital content, and animated web commercials.
- Facilitated team meetings and implemented strategies for clients to increase return on investment in sales by about 57% on average over four months using effective advertising design in marketing.
- Designed graphic assets for marketing and collateral materials, including social media posts, packaging, campaign posters, and other printed promotional items for key clients such as Unionbank, TikTok, and Netflix.
- Created illustrations and digital arts to be utilized in advertising and visual communication.
- Helped in translating strategies into design through innovative ideas and applications.
Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering
Bicol University College of Engineering - Legazpi City, Albay, Philippines
Consumer Neuroscience and Neuromarketing Course
Copenhagen Business School | via Coursera
User Interface Design Specialization
University of Minnesota | via Coursera
Google UX Design Professional Certificate
Google Digital Marketing and eCommerce Professional Certificate
Licensed Financial Advisor
Insurance Commission, Philippines
Branding: The Creative Journey Specialization
IE Business School
Graphic Design Specialization
California Institute of the Arts
Licensed Chemical Engineer
Professional Regulation Commission, Philippines