Verified Expert in Design
A renowned designer and creative thinker, Charlie has a long track record as a market innovator in industries ranging from hospitality to fashion and enterprise to consumer apps. Charlie has worked for Salesforce and IBM in San Francisco, where he led a team as the global head of design.
Director of Product Design
- Hired first to take the company from zero to one hundred. Developed two products simultaneously for launch: the mobile app for patient care that had to be more consumer-oriented and the clinical dashboard for managing.
- Scaled the team with a heavy emphasis on research being a primary driver of design decisions.
- Grew the product offerings into other areas of the medical space, such as population healthcare.
- Worked with a range of startups and enterprise clients to bring MVPs to life.
- Focused on mobile and web apps from ideation to production.
- Provided branding and other design collateral for a scrappy startup.
Global Head of Design
- Led a team of designers and developers on various initiatives focused on Watson technology.
- Created solutions ranging from retail apps and chatbots to enterprise cloud products.
- Designed a holiday gift-giving app from Watson: the app was featured in IBM's annual report.
- Led product initiatives that resulted in millions of dollars for IBM Watson services.
- Collaborated with other organizations to develop solutions such as IBM.com itself.
Senior Product Designer
- Facilitated, as a team member of the Community Cloud, the redesign of Salesforce to what is now known as Lightning for both mobile and web.
- Led the Files product that has much of Dropbox's core features but has added context within a CRM and greater control of sharing rules and richer in data points and connectors for the enterprise space.
- Launched new product initiative, Fashionforce, that's specifically tailored to the fashion/retail enterprise clients.
- Worked with startups at various stages of development to bring each unique vision to life. Be it web, mobile or corporate branding, my approach is to collaborate with my clients to find the best fit for a given project.