Verified Expert in Design
Eido is a product designer with more than 14 years of experience, focused on delivering exceptional user experiences via user-centric design, data, and collaboration. In his career, he has founded a startup, worked as a PM for a couple of ten-person product teams, and successfully filled product leadership positions during three acquisitions.
Blackray - a Product Management Platform
Property Showings as a Service
Owner and Principal Designer
Eido Gat Design Inc
- Worked with a variety of clients including Pepsi, Sift, Webdam, Bynder, Zero Networks, True Accord, Blackray, DynamicYield and more.
- Designed a unique onboarding UX for Omgate (a connected device for garage gates) with a button that helps users understand behavioral quirks of the device. This button became the staple feature for the company, that was profitable since month six.
- Worked with multiple clients that had an exit event with products that I designed including Wiser, Webdam, Dynamic Yield, Hesta Home, and Rollout.io.
Senior UX Designer
Bynder (Webdam, acquired 2018)
- Acted as principal designer for Workstream, a task management tool for creative professionals with a comprehensive multi-step approval tool built-in.
- Led two of the largest initiatives for Workstream, including next-generation approvals and a comprehensive vision project that utilizes machine learning within task management.
- Served as the interim project manager for the core platform, managing a team of ten for the full SDLC of our base platform (2017-2018).
- Delivered a new cross-product asset viewer resulting in a ~600% speed increase and 70% fewer clicks for most actions.
- Created and delivered multiple features from inception to beta and release, including customer communication and company-wide training.
- Worked as the principal designer for Webdam’s core product (digital asset management system), which is the foundation platform for Workstream and Brand Connect.
- Implemented a unified design system and shared components which improved team productivity by 40% and established a faster design workflow within the product team.
Head of Design
Wiser (Acquired Sep 2016)
- Led a team of ten on the third iteration of the Wiser product suite, which included a unified UI framework for five different products.
- Delivered a scalable and actionable insight system that increased engagement by over 32%; optimized major flows to reduce clicks by 75%.
- Acted as product owner for WiseMatch (product enrichment) and WiseMapper (MAP enforcement tool), including research, ideation, prototyping, and design up to its launch in 2015, increasing company revenue by ~13%.
- Designed and implemented the Wiser Glance Bar: a customizable and actionable analytics hot bar, becoming the most used feature with 90% engagement in every session.
- Acted as a principal designer for WisePricer, Wiser’s flagship product.
- Delivered a notable launch feature: touchless syncing with retailers’ cart solutions which dramatically reduced onboarding time to less than two minutes.
Rollout.io (Acquired by Cloudbees)
- Designed rollout's core product and a feature flagging solution for mobile developers.
- Optimized the onboarding flow—which included an SDK installation—to increase conversion by over 35%.
- Conducted onsite user interviews that fine-tuned product vision, resulting in a fully working proof of concept (POC) and multimillion-dollar funding round within two months.
- Designed a unique one/continuous click camera interface for fast, intuitive GIF-shooting.
- Developed and prioritized a roadmap for the iOS app, including deployment to over 12 countries, leading to a booming increase in downloads to over 250,000 within eight months.
- Added multiple improvements to the app, such as a MEME editor and filters, gradually increasing our DAU to 16,000, ~2.8-million GIFs shared, Over 50 million GIFs created with the app and profitable (in-app purchases).
- Tested multiple monetization directions including ads and in-app purchases, leading to a successful strategy and becoming profitable within 18 months.
- Tracked all improvements and analytical data of the app, creating KPIs that we shattered within the year.
- Mentored participating startups in the program (3 cohorts).
- Assisted in the planning, architecture, and UX for over 20 MVPs of participating startups in the program, resulting in ~80% of them securing multimillion-dollar funding.
Bachelor's Degree in Design
Shenkar College of Engineering and Design - Tel Aviv, Israel
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring