Verified Expert in Design
Eido is a product designer with more than 14 years of experience, focused on delivering exceptional user experiences via user-centric design, data, and collaboration. In his career, he has founded a startup, worked as a PM for a couple of ten-person product teams, and successfully filled product leadership positions during three acquisitions.
Owner and Principal Designer
Eido Gat Design Inc
- Worked with a variety of clients including Pepsi, Sift, Webdam, Bynder, Zero Networks, True Accord, Blackray, DynamicYield and more.
- Designed a unique onboarding UX for Omgate (a connected device for garage gates) with a button that helps users understand behavioral quirks of the device. This button became the staple feature for the company, that was profitable since month six.
- Worked with multiple clients that had an exit event with products that I designed including Wiser, Webdam, Dynamic Yield, Hesta Home, and Rollout.io.
Senior UX Designer
Bynder (Webdam, acquired 2018)
- Acted as principal designer for Workstream, a task management tool for creative professionals with a comprehensive multi-step approval tool built-in.
- Led two of the largest initiatives for Workstream, including next-generation approvals and a comprehensive vision project that utilizes machine learning within task management.
- Served as the interim project manager for the core platform, managing a team of ten for the full SDLC of our base platform (2017-2018).
- Delivered a new cross-product asset viewer resulting in a ~600% speed increase and 70% fewer clicks for most actions.
- Created and delivered multiple features from inception to beta and release, including customer communication and company-wide training.
- Worked as the principal designer for Webdam’s core product (digital asset management system), which is the foundation platform for Workstream and Brand Connect.
- Implemented a unified design system and shared components which improved team productivity by 40% and established a faster design workflow within the product team.
Head of Design
Wiser (Acquired Sep 2016)
- Led a team of ten on the third iteration of the Wiser product suite, which included a unified UI framework for five different products.
- Delivered a scalable and actionable insight system that increased engagement by over 32%; optimized major flows to reduce clicks by 75%.
- Acted as product owner for WiseMatch (product enrichment) and WiseMapper (MAP enforcement tool), including research, ideation, prototyping, and design up to its launch in 2015, increasing company revenue by ~13%.
- Designed and implemented the Wiser Glance Bar: a customizable and actionable analytics hot bar, becoming the most used feature with 90% engagement in every session.
- Acted as a principal designer for WisePricer, Wiser’s flagship product.
- Delivered a notable launch feature: touchless syncing with retailers’ cart solutions which dramatically reduced onboarding time to less than two minutes.
Rollout.io (Acquired by Cloudbees)
- Designed rollout's core product and a feature flagging solution for mobile developers.
- Optimized the onboarding flow—which included an SDK installation—to increase conversion by over 35%.
- Conducted onsite user interviews that fine-tuned product vision, resulting in a fully working proof of concept (POC) and multimillion-dollar funding round within two months.
- Designed a unique one/continuous click camera interface for fast, intuitive GIF-shooting.
- Developed and prioritized a roadmap for the iOS app, including deployment to over 12 countries, leading to a booming increase in downloads to over 250,000 within eight months.
- Added multiple improvements to the app, such as a MEME editor and filters, gradually increasing our DAU to 16,000, ~2.8-million GIFs shared, Over 50 million GIFs created with the app and profitable (in-app purchases).
- Tested multiple monetization directions including ads and in-app purchases, leading to a successful strategy and becoming profitable within 18 months.
- Tracked all improvements and analytical data of the app, creating KPIs that we shattered within the year.
- Mentored participating startups in the program (3 cohorts).
- Assisted in the planning, architecture, and UX for over 20 MVPs of participating startups in the program, resulting in ~80% of them securing multimillion-dollar funding.
Bachelor's Degree in Design
Shenkar College of Engineering and Design - Tel Aviv, Israel