Verified Expert in Design
Fabio is a YC founder and experienced product designer. He's worked with venture-backed startups and enterprise clients like Google, NBCU, and Viacom. He also started Awari, backed by Y Combinator (W21) and multiple top-tier funds, which grew to $2+ million AR and 60+ employees. He specializes in UX, UI, and branding and is a leader and mentor. Fabio loves Toptal as it allows him to work on exciting projects alongside solid teammates for reliable clients.
Founder and CEO
- Led our sales team to grow revenue to $2+ million ARR and enrolled over 50,000 students.
- Led our entire product and design team to build a best-in-class LMS for consumers and HR departments.
- Raised over $1 million from multiple top-tier investors including YCombinator, Harvard, and others.
- Designed the early versions of the platform, which later raised $28 million from investors including a16z.
- Built the brand's design system and recruited the early design team.
- Worked with a cross-functional team of engineers to ship multiple iterations.
Mann + Hummel
- Led the UX efforts for the Senzit team, a Mann + Hummel IoT device that enables farmers to get in-depth data for their pieces of equipment.
- Worked with other designers, engineers, and PMs to improve the existing platform and deliver new features.
- Build and shipped 10+ dashboards for custom-build integrations with Senzit equipment.
- Worked for an Australian SaaS-enabled marketplace that connects employers with highly skilled tech workers.
- Led the product team responsible for building and implementing the talent and client-facing sides of the platform.
- Contributed to a number of design and research projects.
- Wrote UX copy on various client-facing Google Cloud demo projects, including a tablet app for recommending fashion products based on user input.
- Created voice guidelines for multiple brand touchpoints.
- Mapped our UX writing frameworks and implemented guidelines on multiple products.
- Worked with the VP of data strategy to design and implement a business analytics dashboard for internal use.
- Structured the navigation system for an internal dashboard.
- Designed multiple data visualization tools for business-critical tools.
- Redesigned and implemented Seeso's back-end programming tool.
- Reimagined the internal flows for creating playlists and finding assets.
- Redesigned the UI completely with updated brand guidelines and integrated new features into the design.
- Worked for EVELO, a Boston-based electric bicycle company launched in 2011 with the ultimate goal of making cycling more enjoyable and removing barriers that keep people from cycling.
- Helped them build and ship a number of eCommerce UI improvements and design projects.
- Worked on multiple mission-critical marketing projects.
- Co-founded Quickminder, an app that makes it easy for users to create and manage their work-related reminders.
- Worked on multiple design iterations for the consumer product.
- Worked with multiple high-level creators on early research efforts.
- Worked on iJS, an iOS app that enables users to use their smartphones as gamepads that could be used to control PC and Mac games.
- Created the UX in partnership with Communicati's design team.
- Worked on the entire product flow and collaborated with our engineering team.