Verified Expert in Design
Haris is an architect turned designer with over nine years of professional experience, working on projects ranging from small, local startups to large enterprise solutions for some of the biggest Fortune 500 companies. Having a strong engineering background, Haris always seeks out ways to systematically improve current processes and experiences while maintaining clear and effective communication.
CityOS Air - Community Driven Air Monitoring Network
Lead Product Designer
- Conducted competitive research and led the design of multiple monitoring solutions, including logs, metrics, real user experience and synthetic monitoring.
- Collaborated with engineering teams on implementing new dashboards and reports for Sematext's monitoring tools.
- Designed an alerting tool that allows easy setup of notifications and alarms, helping ensure that critical issues are addressed promptly, minimising downtime and improving overall system reliability.
- Collaborated with the marketing team to design a new set of landing pages for Sematext's products.
- Worked with multiple Fortune 500 and FTSE 100 companies in a fast-paced, agile team.
- Designed an adaptable, multi-module HR enterprise solution (stakeholders include Daimler, Nike, and Swisscom).
- Designed a real estate management solution for a UK-based client.
- Created illustrations and graph designs for a machine learning platform.
- Collaborated closely with stakeholders, product owners, and developers in delivering software solutions from product concepts to full-scale projects.
Product Designer, UX Designer
- Worked on multiple IoT projects together with the team of software and hardware specialists in a fully remote environment.
- Designed a number of open-sourced hardware solutions, including air monitoring network that aimed at solving air pollution problems in the region.
- Created prototypes and 3D printed enclosures for air quality monitors.
- Created the entire 3D model of the city intended for VR/AR visualization using air monitor device data.
- Contributed to the design of web and mobile apps for the project.
- Helped in organizing different hackathons, workshops, and events with a focus on IoT technologies.
- Closely collaborated with the winners in designing and developing their solutions.
- Attributed to the creation of extensive documentation on how to set up and start using your device using different 2D and 3D diagrams and models.
HUB387 Startup accelerator
- Worked as a product designer in the first startup accelerator in the region, designing different IoT solutions.
- Designed a smart beehive that monitors different parameters and helps beekeepers by ensuring a better harvest.
- Designed a smart aeroponic/hydroponic indoor gardening tower alongside the accompanying mobile app.
- Created and provided CAD files for different enclosures, some 3D printed and some ready for injection molding.
- Created visualizations of finished products for marketing purposes.
- Attributed to the creation of extensive documentation on each project.
- Worked in a small team of young architects on different medium to small-scale projects.
- Collaborated on a redesign of urban spaces in Sarajevo, most prominently "Veliki park" (largest park and walkway in the city).
- Created a large number of graphic elements (such as wayfinding graphics and similar) for different projects and clients.
- Created a large number of visualizations for clients using 3D modeling and post-processing techniques.
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture and related studies
Faculty of Architecture - Sarajevo, Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring