Verified Expert in Design
Ilya is a digital designer with more than a decade of experience in UI/UX, web, and mobile app design. His experience spans across digital agencies where he worked for clients like Unilever, Panasonic, WWF, among others to fast-paced international startups where he led marketing and product design. Ilya is passionate about crafting engaging experiences by means of appealing and polished visual design.
- Revised and solidified the brand identity, built cohesive and scalable guidelines to be used across all marketing communications (social media, newsletters, banner campaigns).
- Created the design system for the company’s marketing website; created and implemented UI components library that allows building new pages quickly and easily. Thanks to this easier content delivery process and mobile-friendly design system, the website traffic doubled rising from 50,000 to 110,000+ unique visitors monthly.
- Redesigned the newsletter templates and collaborated with developers to establish an easy-to-implement email component system.
- Implemented web UI improvements and visual guidelines for the company’s blog—helping it to grow the audience from 4,000 to 58,000 in ten months.
- Led the super-fast design of identity, website, emails, and other marketing materials for LocFromHome—the biggest online conference in the industry (2340 attendees from 97 countries, 34 speakers, and 12 hours of non-stop streaming).
- Led the complete overhaul of the mobile app for iOS and Android. The app was downloaded over 1 million times since the launch and had over 50,000 monthly active users.
- Redesigned the marketing website to align it with the values and culture of the company. The website, apart from giving all the necessary information, conveyed the idea of a new approach to ride-hailing where driver’s happiness was the priority and everyone benefited from it.
- Revised and updated the company identity guidelines to make the visual language more consistent, scalable, and easy to use.
- Art-directed numerous advertising campaigns, both online and offline, seen by hundreds of thousands of people. That included the remarkable marketing campaign of Fasten being the main SXSW-2017 ride-hailing partner.
- Led the improvements of the drivers’ app which included user research, user interviews, and quantitative data research alongside rethinking and redesigning the app for riders.
Red Keds Creative Agency
- Art directed and designed Paratype.com—the biggest worldwide online store for Cyrillic fonts (selling over 1,000 fonts). Oversaw the UX research, the creative concept, and the UI design of the website. The project won bronze at the Tagline Awards in 2016 (one of the main Russian awards for accomplishments in digital development and advertising).
- Designed the Range Rover Evoque test drive experience. I was in charge of the promotional materials and app design. We built a new concept of a test drive that replaced regular registration with RFID technology. That turned a regular test drive into a party and involved more than 3000 participants.
- Art-directed the multiplayer browser game for Unilever. It was a fully-featured browser gaming experience that required coordination of multiple creative specialists including game designers, copywriters, illustrators, and interface designers.
- Played a critical role in building the agency’s annual conference about digital marketing and design: “Digital Silicone-free.” The identity that I created for the conference withstood the test of time and was being used annually as the conference became one of the most rewarded in the industry.
- Worked as a senior art director and contributed to building a unique design team and led the educational initiatives inside the agency that helped more than ten designers to thrive and do compelling work.
Curator of the UX/UI Design Course in Creativity and Advertising
The School of Creative Thinking IKRA - Moscow, Russia
Postgraduate Diploma in Graphic Design
British Higher School of Art and Design - Moscow, Russia
Ph.D. in Philosophy
Moscow State University - Moscow, Russia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring