Member since September 23, 2015
Ivana has more then fifteen years of experience in visual design, working on various kinds of projects ranging from branding, corporate, and promotional materials to books, magazines, packaging, and web design, with clients and teams of all sizes and from different backgrounds. She enjoys solving problems and giving creative solutions. She also works as an Adobe Certified Instructor and Assistant Lecturer at Algebra University College in Zagreb.
- Assistant Lecturer2013 - PRESENTAlgebra University College
Technologies: InDesign, Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, EPUB, Canva
- Prepared and delivered lectures, seminars, and practical classes.
- Handled consultations with students.
- Authored a course textbook (Multimedia Publishing).
- Developed subject curricula.
- Developed course presentations and exercises.
- Adobe Certified Instructor and Mentor2006 - PRESENTAlgebra Public Open University
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat
- Taught all graphic design classes (Design and Publishing Basics, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, DPS, EPUB).
- Worked on the development of a new curriculum for the education of graphic designers.
- Authored and co-authored textbooks (Introduction to Visual Design and Publishing, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, EPUB).
- Developed teaching materials, including presentations and exercises.
- Mentored other colleagues.
- Owner and Designer2002 - PRESENTe.Mondo
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, DPS, EPUB, Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS
- Developed visual identities for various brands, events, and products.
- Designed stationary and corporate print materials for companies of all sizes.
- Designed and produced numerous magazines and books for both print and digital, including photo editing and also creating different interactive and multimedia elements for digital.
- Designed advertising and promotional materials ranging from flyers and brochures to billboards and web banners.
- Created visual designs for various web pages and web shops.
- Created illustrations, infographics, and animations.
- Graphic Editor2004 - 2007Tetraktis
Technologies: QuarkXpress, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver
- Designed two book series.
- Worked on book layouts, including photo editing.
- Designed and produced a magazine.
- Made illustrations, maps, and infographics.
- Designed and produced the promotional website for a book series.
- Designed advertisements for clients.
- Designed all sorts of promotional materials (posters, invitations, flyers).
- Coordinated magazine and book production with editors, photographers, associates, and printers.
- Graphic Designer2000 - 2002SysPrint
Technologies: QuarkXPress, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash
- Designed magazines.
- Designed a few book series, including cover and interior design.
- Worked on the magazine and book interiors and layouts, including photo editing.
- Made illustrations and infographics for magazines and books.
- Designed visual identities for book series.
- Designed and illustrated educational posters.
- Designed promotional adverts.
- Who Knew Adobe CC Could Wireframe? (Publication)Wireframing is a major step in designing any user interface, whether a website, application, or software product. Apps in the Adobe CC suite can be used to create wireframes for an efficient workflow.
- Ivana is a mentor in the Toptal Global Mentor’s Program. This program is a partnership between Toptal and General Assembly to provide high quality mentorship for students from minority and low income backgrounds who are looking to begin their careers as professional designers. Ivana shows commitment to diversity in tech by mentoring a General Assembly student every week for a year, covering everything from design tips and tricks to advice on making it in the industry.
- Master's degree in Product Design1995 - 2001University of Zagreb, Faculty of Architecture, School of Design - Zagreb, Croatia
- CPUX-FJULY 2018 - PRESENTUXQB – International Usability and User Experience Board