Verified Expert in Design
Jamal is a design leader trusted by some of the most outstanding companies, such as Google, Facebook, Uber, Walmart, and Wells Fargo. While he can handle any design challenge, Jamal specializes in designing products at the highest levels of quality and thought process.
Senior Design Manager
Careem Networks FZ (owned by Uber)
- Launched the first ultra-fast grocery delivery service in the MENA region. Owned the entire design process and iterated based on data post-launch.
- Led the fintech team to vast increases in revenue and customer loyalty.
- Upleveled the design team's maturity by introducing new ways of working.
Senior Product Designer
- Helped build the enterprise-side software that Facebook recruiters and coordinators use to schedule the many candidates interviewed every year.
Principal Product Designer
- Helped spearhead the creation of a design practice from scratch at Equinix.
- Coordinated with recruiters to interview candidates, do screening calls, and lead in-person interviews.
- Defined product strategy and keeping the holistic design vision on course across all touchpoints and all new initiatives.
- Socialized design and educated stakeholders on the importance of design.
UX Design Immersive Instructor
- Taught the ten-week, full-time UX design immersive course to over 100 students. The top 25% of students all got jobs within four weeks at great companies.
- Created and taught two-hour lectures, mentored during 1:1 time, gave design feedback on a regular basis, and gave career advice and resources.
- Got very high NPS ratings.
Senior Product Designer
- Used IA and user flows to give the team clarity on all user journeys across the product.
- Ran design sprints to make fast progress and get consensus from key people.
- Redesigned notifications, first minor, then major, resulting in an overwhelmingly positive reception.
- Created motion design explorations to help people understand the brand.
Senior Interaction Designer
- Redesigned parts of the desktop and mobile site according to brand standards.
- Led meetings with stakeholders in Charlotte, NC to get consensus on content strategy and design direction.
Product Design Lead
- Led product design on Classrooms by Walmart, a direct competitor to teacherlists.com.
- Led product design on Savings Catcher, Walmart’s biggest initiative of 2014.
- Connected across multiple teams to get consensus and move things forward.
- Led product design for an interactive nursery, where we worked together with external companies and internal stakeholders to create a page where people spent an average of 15 minutes.
- Provided interaction and visual design for all search pages on the European redesign of bmw.de.
- Ran meetings with BMW’s stakeholders and iterated on the feedback we got from them.
Certificate in Virtual & Augmented Reality
Upload VR - San Francisco
Master's Degree in Media System Design
University of Darmstadt - Darmstadt