Verified Expert in Design
James is a UI/UX and brand designer working with startups, global brands, and non-profits to create purposeful, simple, and engaging designs. For over 15 years, he has been designing brands and digital experiences for Hoka, UGG, Reuters, Xprize, and more.
JM Design & Development
- Managed UI/UX projects for startups, non-profits, and international brands while working 100% remote.
- Prepared and presented slides and prototypes to client teams and key stakeholders.
- Created the entire brand identity, successful web user on-boarding, print marketing materials, and brand guidelines for rising real estate startup, Bundle Select.
- Conducted competitor research, brand placement, and logo design.
- Design and develop user interfaces from rough sketches and prototypes, to design systems and production-ready code.
- Designed the Ampersand conference website.
- Assisted in planning and leading sprint.
- Conducted interface adjustments based on user feedback.
Oregon Center of Applied Science
- Led the design of Jauntly, a goals-based responsive web app, featured in Amazon and Firefox app stores.
- Conducted user research and interviews, created user flows and wireframes for various health and wellness products.
- Developed front-end interfaces and guidelines alongside the engineering team.
Designer and Production Manager
Harris Design & Print
- Developed websites and online stores.
- Designed logos, signs, print collateral, and vehicle wraps.
- Managed large format print production department.
- Installed vehicle wraps and environmental vinyl graphics.
- Met with clients and managed projects of various size and scope.