Brooklyn, United States
Toptal Member Since
February 25, 2016
Julie Rega has been a professional graphic designer and art director for 6 years. She's worked full time as a senior designer at a leading non-profit and Victoria's Secret PINK. She is the co-founder and art director of an iOS app called COSIMO that provides location-based audio tours around New York City. She specializes in digital design and marketing, branding and identity, digital illustration and print and environmental design.
Julie is available for hireHire Julie
Radiology Toolbox Icons
Adobe IllustratorIcon DesignDigital IllustrationLogo DesigniOSMedical Art+ 6 more
2017 - 2017
Network Canvas — Northwestern University (via Toptal)
- Created visual identity for the Network Canvas software suite, which allows social and behavioral researchers to develop and administer their own surveys.
- Designed a responsive user interface that will be applied to their existing prototype.
- Developed all aspects of the Network Canvas brand from typography to color palettes that will be applied to software further down their pipeline.
- Illustrated a set of bespoke icons that were clear and functional while adding personality and visual interest to the overall experience.
- Organized a comprehensive style guide so the software suite can retain a strong visual identity.
- Recorded all of the technical specifications so the Network Canvas development team can recreate the styles.
- Prepared the bespoke icons to be easily exported as .svg files.
Technologies: Adobe Experience Design (XD), Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
2015 - 2017
Co-Founder and Art Director
- Designed logo and complete style and brand guide for COSIMO, a mobile app enabling creation, curation, and discovery of location-triggered audio.
- Created a custom business proposal deck and printed marketing materials.
- Designed the company's responsive brochure marketing website.
- Designed the app's user interface and worked with the developer and marketing manager on user experience design.
- Designed a responsive companion web app for content contributors to upload and produce original content being showcased on the iOS and Android app.
Technologies: TestFlight, InVision, Adobe Experience Design (XD), Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop
2014 - 2016
Senior Visual Designer
The Jewish Federations of North America
- Concepted, wireframed, designed, and oversaw production of the company's responsive website redesign.
- Led the design on special event responsive websites.
- Worked on branding, concepting, and art direction for events, missions, and special projects.
- Designed and worked with print vendors to produce brochures, postcards, and additional printed collateral.
- Designed and coded HTML emails.
- Designed and executed environmental design for events and special projects.
- Worked on concepting, art direction, and styling for seasonal photoshoots and event branding.
- Designed stage design and projections for events and conferences.
- Designed and branded digital and printed advertising for crisis relief mailboxes and special webcasts.
Technologies: WordPress, Adobe Experience Design (XD), Adobe After Effects, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
2010 - 2014
Senior Web Designer
Victoria's Secret PINK
- Managed and art directed freelance designers.
- Designed and oversaw production of high level digital projects including seasonal editorials, product fit guides, event microsites, marketing engagement pieces, and annual promotion of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.
- Concepted the look and feel for upcoming seasons.
- Assisted in styling and art direction for digital marketing photoshoots.
- Designed daily email blasts, online advertising, and biweekly landing page updates.
- Assisted in iOS and Android app design and production.
- Picked selects after photo shoots and communicated with retouching vendors.
Technologies: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
2006 - 2010
B.F.A. Degree in Graphic Design
University of Miami - Miami, FL
2004 - 2008
Professional (Certificate) Degree in Botanical Illustration
Ringling School of Art and Design - Sarasota, FL