Brooklyn, United States
Member since February 17, 2016
Julie Rega has been a professional graphic designer and art director for 6 years. She's worked full time as a senior designer at a leading non-profit and Victoria's Secret PINK. She is the co-founder and art director of an iOS app called COSIMO that provides location-based audio tours around New York City. She specializes in digital design and marketing, branding and identity, digital illustration and print and environmental design.
- Visual Designer2017 - 2017Network Canvas — Northwestern University (via Toptal)
Technologies: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe XD
- Created visual identity for the Network Canvas software suite, which allows social and behavioral researchers to develop and administer their own surveys.
- Designed a responsive user interface that will be applied to their existing prototype.
- Developed all aspects of the Network Canvas brand from typography to color palettes that will be applied to software further down their pipeline.
- Illustrated a set of bespoke icons that were clear and functional while adding personality and visual interest to the overall experience.
- Organized a comprehensive style guide so the software suite can retain a strong visual identity.
- Recorded all of the technical specifications so the Network Canvas development team can recreate the styles.
- Prepared the bespoke icons to be easily exported as .svg files.
- Co-Founder and Art Director2015 - 2017COSIMO Audio
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, InVision, Test Flight
- Designed logo and complete style and brand guide for COSIMO, a mobile app enabling creation, curation, and discovery of location-triggered audio.
- Created a custom business proposal deck and printed marketing materials.
- Designed the company's responsive brochure marketing website.
- Designed the app's user interface and worked with the developer and marketing manager on user experience design.
- Designed a responsive companion web app for content contributors to upload and produce original content being showcased on the iOS and Android app.
- Senior Visual Designer2014 - 2016The Jewish Federations of North America
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe After Effects, Adobe XD, WordPress
- Concepted, wireframed, designed, and oversaw production of the company's responsive website redesign.
- Led the design on special event responsive websites.
- Worked on branding, concepting, and art direction for events, missions, and special projects.
- Designed and worked with print vendors to produce brochures, postcards, and additional printed collateral.
- Designed and coded HTML emails.
- Designed and executed environmental design for events and special projects.
- Worked on concepting, art direction, and styling for seasonal photoshoots and event branding.
- Designed stage design and projections for events and conferences.
- Designed and branded digital and printed advertising for crisis relief mailboxes and special webcasts.
- Senior Web Designer2010 - 2014Victoria's Secret PINK
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign
- Managed and art directed freelance designers.
- Designed and oversaw production of high level digital projects including seasonal editorials, product fit guides, event microsites, marketing engagement pieces, and annual promotion of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.
- Concepted the look and feel for upcoming seasons.
- Assisted in styling and art direction for digital marketing photoshoots.
- Designed daily email blasts, online advertising, and biweekly landing page updates.
- Assisted in iOS and Android app design and production.
- Picked selects after photo shoots and communicated with retouching vendors.
- B.F.A. degree in Graphic Design2006 - 2010University of Miami - Miami, FL
- Professional (Certificate) degree in Botanical Illustration2004 - 2008Ringling School of Art and Design - Sarasota, FL