Verified Expert in Design
Laura was a senior UX designer with Amazon, working on web and native app products for their creator tech team and influencer space. Laura has recent Amazon UI work, FIS portfolio work, and Domino's Pizza systems design work. However, she is not able to post online due to NDAs and intellectual property considerations. If prospective Toptal clients would like to view more of her recent work, Laura can screen share during an interview. Laura's portfolio: https://www.lauraturnerdesign.com/
User Experience Design Mentor
- Mentored an international student community of driven, aspiring designers to help them achieve their career goals.
- Taught UX Academy Designlab curriculum to students.
- Covered topics like end-to-end UX/UI product design, UX research, and online portfolio creation.
Senior UX Designer
- Created engaging experiences that were tailored to the creator workflow and supported creator goals and aspirations from November 2022 to July 2023.
- Developed a UX strategy and UI to drive creator daily habits of generating content, reviewing metrics, and engaging with customers.
- Led holistic UI design across the Scout software ecosystem and increased operational efficiency of Scouts, Amazon's customer-facing delivery robots.
- Enhanced Scout robot fleet management and field operational support with internal software solutions utilizing UX research insights. Led UX research for the Scout organization and procured research platforms to gather ongoing user feedback.
Senior UX Designer
- Conducted primary and secondary research; created sacrificial concepts, human-centered design artifacts, user flows, service blueprints, and mid-fi wireframes to build a carbon credit MVP product with a 5-year $1 billion valuation go-to-market plan.
- Facilitated Miro workshops and identified areas for growth in FIS Impact Labs' innovation and incubation team playbook, increasing ops efficiency.
- Delivered innovative concepts, personas, user journeys, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps, UX Playbook, and rapid prototypes of concepts to share with stakeholders, leadership, and users for product enhancements.
- Collaborated with multi-disciplinary teams including engineering, researchers, product, executives.
Freelance Lead UX Designer
- Led the original ideation, wrote product requirements, and created UX design recommendations and wireframes for the resident mobile app of Episens, a smart home device tech startup.
- Worked on the app that helps residents have connected smart devices, including Google Nest and Phillips Hue lights in apartment complexes. Owners, developers, and property managers can leverage technology, optimize operations, and boost NOI.
- Led user research and wireframe improvements for the property manager portal and collaborated with developers to build a design system including Tailwind CSS elements.
Crispin Porter Bogusky
- Implemented a research plan for competitive audit, quantitative surveys, and customer interviews to generate user stories and insights for a post-ordering redesign experience for an enterprise national brand website and native app.
- Generated A/B testing ideas and created wireframes for a national enterprise brand (name of the client available on request).
- Contributed to the new loyalty program redesign ideas for a national brand (client's name available on request).
UX and Product Designer
- Led usability studies for the higher education tech company product.
- Created the UI for the platform, including a new homepage and profile pages.
- Developed wireframes, clickable prototypes, and task flows based on the user's need for usability research.
- Collaborated with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for product direction, visuals, and experience.
- Communicated design ideas and prototypes to developers.
- Created personas through user research and data. Deeply understood product specifications and user psychology.
- Conducted qualitative user research, including user research conversations with partners and users, live moderated tests, analyzing user data and proposing solutions for product teams, and determining survey methodology and implementing surveys.
Freelance UX Designer
World Health Organization
- Designed wireframes for BreatheLife campaign.
- Creatively thought about more calls to action above the fold.
UX and Product Designer
- Led user research identifying inconsistencies in web-app features, buried pages, and fragmented patterns.
- Formulated design solutions making a more connected experience, consistent dashboard, and navigation pattern.
- Created high fidelity prototypes for mobile product with Flinto and InVision programs.
- Increased return user visits through scrutinizing holistic user journey and modifying user flow.
- Accelerated A/B testing of prototypes and app/website architecture with UsabilityHub and MeasuringU.
- Enhanced external marketing materials distributed at insurance tech conferences in order to improve and solidify sales.
- Redesigned UI style guides and Life.io brand refresh to meet WCAG and ADA compliant accessibility standards.
Kindergarten and 1st Grade Teacher
Denver Public Schools
- Taught students, resulting in them being at or above grade level across reading and writing.
- Managed student teachers and instructed them about how to become a lead teacher.
- Volunteered at school events and fundraisers to support our Parent Teacher Association.
Master's Degree in Educational Psychology
University of Colorado Denver - Denver, CO, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Art History
Colorado College - Colorado Springs, CO, USA
UX Design Bootcamp