Verified Expert in Design
Logan is a passionate, multi-disciplinary designer with 10+ years of experience. He loves building collaborative bridges between design, product, and engineering to create solutions that marry business goals and user needs. Logan has worked with agencies, startups, and enterprises and has a wide range of expertise in improving existing products and helping to ship new ones.
SOWYER Indoor Farming App
V School Brand Overhaul
Principal Product Designer
- Led a platform-wide initiative to redesign our navigation and information architecture.
- Coordinated with different cross-functional groups to ensure alignment and conducted user research to validate design decisions.
- Built and grew the team from 2 to 10 people and helped establish modern processes and practices across Design, Research, and Product.
- Designed multiple new product lines from top to bottom to meet customer needs and align offerings with the overall strategy and vision of the company.
Product Design Lead (Contract)
- Led the top-to-bottom "net new" design of an insanely cool and ridiculously powerful virtual meeting platform that helped facilitators run interactive training sessions for managers.
- Worked with stakeholders to evaluate current portal experiences and execute iterative design improvements to meet user needs and business goals better.
- Redesigned key web pages in close partnership with Marketing to increase conversion and better align messaging with the overall strategy and vision.
Product Design Lead | Director of Design Education
- Collaborated with 65+ thought leaders, managers, and recruiters to create and teach an industry-first UI/UX design curriculum.
- Cooperated with education and engineering teams to design, prototype, and test the MVP of V School's first learning management system.
- Shipped a new website that more than doubled the average session time and decreased bounce rates by 25%.
- Facilitated workshops with the leadership team to identify the brand mission, vision, values, positioning, and personality.
- Designed and documented the new V School brand identity and rolled it out across all student touchpoints.
- Gathered requirements from stakeholders and interviewed users to begin designing SOWYER-an automated indoor farm monitoring system.
- Performed user research with customers "on-site" at their farms or growing facilities.
- Conducted user testing internally for the SOWYER platform to ensure usability and desirability with cross functional users of the product.
- Managed brand identity rollout for critical teams and touchpoints across the org.
- Designed crucial sales and marketing materials for the executive team.
Senior Web Designer
- Collaborated with product marketing leaders and engineers to redesign DreamHost.com for increased conversion rates and greater usability.
- Worked with the design lead on documenting existing components and rolling out the design system for front-of-site and customer portal experiences.
- Saw redesigned pages result in an average 15% increase in conversion rate.
Endurance International (Bluehost Brand)
- Collaborated with product development groups to redesign legacy experiences for ~1 million customers.
- Redesigned account center to reduce call center traffic for simple tasks such as password reset and billing updates.
- Worked closely with the marketing team to establish baseline metrics and to optimize front-of-site flows for higher conversion rates on Bluehost.com.
- Designed a set of features that allow WordPress customers to manage their sites from inside Bluehost.
- Saw new customer panel experience increased MRR 15% and increased first term renewals 3% from 2017-2018.
- Collaborated with clients and account managers to redesign marketing websites for conversion rate optimization.
- Worked closely with WordPress developers to ensure high quality implementation of site designs.
- Collaborated with digital marketers to design lead-generating content such as landing pages, e-books, infographics, and many other exciting new elements for clients.
- Collaborated with the marketing team to assist in the design of marketing assets and lead generation for Domo.com, CEO.com, and BusinessIntelligence.com.
- Designed brand assets across a number of digital and physical mediums.
- Worked closely with creative director to educate internal teams on brand consistency and to protect brand standards across the board daily.
- Worked with a wide range of remote clients on brand identity, marketing design, and native app and other product projects to help them reach individual goals.
- Designed a native iOS app for client "PURPLE Period of Crying" currently published on the app store.
- Prototyped MVPs of multiple products currently in development.