Verified Expert in Design
Marcos is a senior UX designer with extensive experience in product analysis and strategic thinking with over 15 years of experience. He has worked in over 30 industry sectors with companies worldwide, creating and overseeing digital applications focused on data-driven decisions. Marcos is also recognized as a Top UX Voice on LinkedIn and worked as a UX mentor at CareerFoundry.
COVID-19 Dashboard for Ontario, Canada
Reaction: E-learning for Kids
- Crafted intuitive experiences that leverage AI to enhance visualization, predictive modeling, and data insights while addressing human-centered and technological challenges.
- Ideated products from scratch and improved features that enable users to automate complex business processes using Qlik Application Automation (PaaS).
- Designed the Qlik Sense Mobile SaaS app (iOS and Android), focusing on mobile-first principles, web standards, and emerging trends.
- Conducted in-depth technical constraints and feasibility analysis across multiple devices and platforms, effectively reducing design debt.
- Developed and maintained the new Sprout design system documentation for Qlik Sense, collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Provided advice and support to students worldwide in writing and via video calls on creating an industry-ready portfolio of project work in line with best practices.
- Guided and encouraged aspiring UX designers to improve their UX soft skills.
- Applied extensive industry experience to guide students on potential career paths within their field of study.
- Collaborated closely with tutors to evaluate student work and give actionable suggestions to improve the quality of student submissions.
Lead UX Designer
- Led design projects, collaborating cross-functionally with the team to identify pain points and improve user experience through design solutions.
- Articulated design decisions with data—strategized and conducted meaningful user research, collected customer feedback, then synthesized and presented the findings as design concepts.
- Developed remote UX workshops using user-centered approach methodologies.
- Conceptualized and designed workflows and wireframes and refined prototypes.
- Created UX and UI deliverables to ensure that business expectations are successfully met.
- Collaborated closely with team members to conceptualize the design and prototype ideas for implementation on web-based applications.
- Conducted user research projects to understand user needs and define metrics, testing solutions, and assumptions.
- Created interface designs for programs and partnerships with Adobe, Amazon, Deloitte, Capgemini, and the National Gallery of Canada.
- Advised on and built digital-first content for web and bilingual social media.
- Maintained and ensured the consistency of the visual brand.
- Trained professionals in raising productivity management using techniques and tools at Conquer, one of Brazil's most relevant education startups, with students in over 80 countries.
- Mentored problem-focused disciplines such as innovation management, Agile principles, design sprint, and lightning decision jam.
- Mentored time-management disciplines such as productivity system, prioritization, focus, habits, discipline, and organization.
- Trained hundreds of professionals across the design, advertising, IT, and marketing industries.
- Used the web metrics methodology to guide students in digital projects involving web analytics and A/B testing.
- Employed key performance indicators to apply in eCommerce, apps, websites, and blogs.
Digital Project Manager
- Led and mentored a cross-functional team, including user experience strategy, web analysis, data visualization, user interface design, digital marketing, research, search engine marketing (SEM), SEO, and front-end development.
- Managed project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Executed a digital campaign with digital influencers to launch a DNA test with a return on investment of 10.54%.
- Improved 16% ROI with strategies in real-time for the higher education sector.
- Increased Google search ranking to position 10 with SEO strategies in the home and decor segment.
- Monitored the progress and success of brands, developing a set of regular measurements.
- Realized qualitative and quantitative research for understanding the current user experience.
- Built a detailed vision for the user experience considering all touchpoints.
- Leveraged strategic thinking and market insights to formulate product strategies aligned with business objectives and user needs.
- Demonstrated expertise in providing end-to-end experience across various platforms, ensuring seamless user interactions and consistent brand messaging.
- Collaborated with multidisciplinary teams to conceptualize, design, and execute intuitive websites for private and intergovernmental clients.
Grupo Prix - Comunicação Integrada
- Developed user interfaces and web-based applications using a variety of tools and technologies, including HTML, CSS, Flash, and WordPress.
- Optimized website performance and ensured compatibility across different browsers and devices.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams, including developers, designers, and content creators, to deliver high-quality projects on time and within budget.
Executive Program in Human-Computer Interaction for UX Design
Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Cambridge, Massachusetts
Certificate in UX Design
University of Toronto - Toronto, Canada
Postgraduate Degree in Big Data
ESPM - Escola Superior de Propaganda e Marketing - São Paulo, Brazil
Bachelor's Degree in Design
UFES - Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo - Vitória, Brazil
Design System in Figma
Design System University
AI Cards Course
Career Essentials in Generative AI
Designing Conversations with Voiceflow & CDI
Conversation Design Institute
Career Essentials in Generative AI
Interaction Design (IxD) of AI Systems
Team Essentials for Artificial Intelligence
Design System Specialist
Agile PM Certification
University of Ottawa
eAccessibility Course (WCAG 2.1)
David Berman Communications
Certified Experience Designer
Design Sprint Masterclass Certificate
AJ&Smart - Google
UX Metrics 2.0 - Product Analytics
Presenting User Research Results to Stakeholders
The Team W
AODA Certification - Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
Enterprise Design Thinking Practitioner
UX and Positive Design
Scrum Foundation Professional Certificate (SFPC)
Cross Cultural Team Communications - Canada
User Experience Certification in Project Management (Level 3)
User Experience Certification in Project Management (Level 2)
User Experience Certification in Project Management (Level 1)
Analytics Planning for Managers
The Future of Storytelling
University of Applied Sciences Potsdam
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring