Verified Expert in Design
Nikolas's professional design path began in 2012 as a web designer specializing in UI. His work experience includes digital agencies, brands, and startups, such as Wedia, Pixual, Vodafone, and Camelot Lottery Solutions. Nikolas has created various skills, including expertise in project innovation, setting user experiences, defining the creative direction, crafting visuals and user interfaces, and building prototypes.
Sports News Portal | SDNA
Financial Portal | Business Daily
Product UI Designer
Camelot Lottery Solutions
- Created UI design for the Irish National Lottery native app.
- Designed and maintained the design system of the National Lottery native app.
- Received All Ireland Marketing Awards, an online channel marketing award 2022 for the Irish National Lottery native app.
Product UI Designer
- Developed a product UI design for the native app for iOS and Android.
- Designed and maintained the design system of the native app.
- Collaborated closely with product owners, business analysts, and developers.
Senior UI/UX Designer
- Designed and adapted Vodafone's brand UI design system to meet local market needs.
- Worked in a team on the HBO launch on Vodafone TV in Greece.
- Designed and optimized existing acquisition user journeys for high-value customers of Vodafone TV.
Digital Design Director
- Managed the overall creative direction and the user interfaces design.
- Designed the brand identity on projects where a new visual identity was required.
- Received Digital Media Awards 2018, such as the bronze award for best outstanding new project and product for a Greece sports portal, 'SDNA Person of the Year 2017.'.
- Won 2019 Digital Media Awards, like the gold award for the best new entry, the silver award for the best homepage and the best responsive mobile edition for 'Ethnos News Portal,' and the bronze award for the best homepage for 'Newsbomb News Portal.'.
- Designed experiences, rooting from the personas, the user journeys, and user flows up to the creation of high-fidelity wireframes.
- Led the design pitch and presentation in client meetings.
- Built functional design prototypes to showcase the flows and interactions.
Senior UI Designer
- Researched and designed the website adaptation of Aegean Airlines according to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) standards for visually impaired users.
- Collaborated with product owners, business analysts, and developers.
- Researched and redesigned the UI of the Eurobank ATMs.
- Managed the creative direction and the user interfaces design.
- Ensured to complete the KPIs for each user journey and the experience on each project.
- Designed digital marketing campaigns, including landing pages, newsletters, and social media posts.
Graphic Web Designer
- Collaborated with the digital content manager, the web campaign specialists, and the web development team.
- Designed, developed, and framed creative concepts while applying brand identity systems.
- Created the homepage, category pages, promotional mini-sites, banners, marketing emails and newsletters, campaigns, and weekly offers.
- Designed branded advertising and supported online marketing visuals and graphics.
Master of Fine Arts Degree in Communication Design: Graphics & Motion Graphics
Kingston University - Kingston Upon Thames, London, UK
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Audio-Visual Science & Art
The Ionian University - Corfu, Greece
Apple Certified Professional - Final Cut Pro X, Level One
Apple Certified Professional - Aperture 3, Level One
Adobe Photoshop Certified Associate