Verified Expert in Design
Petra is a UX specialist and UI/UX designer in a development firm in Stuttgart, Germany. She loves creating detailed, high-quality strategies for various projects and leading the product to a visually beautiful and usable finish. With Petra, you can get fast, unique, and professional designs of the best quality.
FACE Stockholm – Telling a Personal Story on a Global Level
Food Delivery Mobile App
UX Architecture and Wireframe for a Human Resources Application
Individual UI/UX Designer
- Redesigned custom software into a B2B SaaS solution, building the style guide and components in Figma.
- Helped a client rebuild their branding visibility online, with a website getting 14% more users and increasing revenue by 64%.
- Created user stories and journeys to help identify customer pain points that resulted in an 80% reduced development scope.
- Improved UI/UX and designed new features for a product with exponential growth that was cloud-fortified in the Atlassian Marketplace.
- Built a structured UX process to align multifunctional teams, including writing detailed briefs for new features, quarterly plannings, and future iterations in an Agile and Waterfall development environment.
- Defined user needs and personas to find solutions to their problems.
Brand and Webshop UX/UI Designer
- Served as a UX/UI expert and art-directed the brand image of an innovative cosmetics company. My work included webshop banners, social media, and newsletters.
- Monitored and analyzed user behavior on the webshop and educated the client about the importance of usability and UX. Brought a systematic approach to webshop redesign with each new campaign.
- Planned and prioritized with the marketing team, CEO, and developers how to approach the redesign efficiently.
Lead UX/UI Designer
- Designed a website and branding for an established lawyer from Munich. Conducted a discovery workshop, created a style guide, and built the UI blocks for WordPress's Guttenberg.
- Mentored an intern in building a website from concept to design and, finally, HTML/CSS.
- Consulted the team and CEO about UX processes and how to handle a UI/UX project. Worked independently with the clients to understand their and users' needs.
- Worked as a lead UX designer on a bus transfer app for over 10,000 users and over 300 bus lines in the second-largest city in Croatia. Designed a high-fidelity wireframe and functional prototype and conducted moderated usability testing.
- Managed a team as a lead UX consultant on an HR management system. Collaborated for three months with an outside UI/UX team to improve their system's usability and functionality, following the rules of UX and usability.
- Worked as a lead designer on a check-in feature and QR-code scan app for the world's biggest amateur cycling races. Reduced 60% of the development time due to my wireframing. Made over 30 usability improvements after completing user data analysis.
- Developed the project for the largest grocery shop contest working as a co-lead art director and visual strategist. Our presentation brought us two international awards.
- Built and set up WordPress and Wix pages for various clients, including everything from custom designing to installing and adjusting themes.
- Designed UI/UX for a progressive web application that allows users to browse local shops and restaurants and save personal preferences. The most significant focus was on inclusive design, usability, and accessibility.
- Delivered UI/UX for different UI types, including admin dashboards, webshops, and landing pages in Adobe XD and Figma.
Academy of Fine Arts | Student Association
- Organized and participated in exhibitions of student design work in local and international galleries.
- Organized and ran the first two student visual communication festivals in Croatia. Gathered and invited professional designers from various universities from all over Europe to teach and participate in the festival.
- Wrote projects. Managed the association's funding and paperwork.
Visual Communication Designer
- Designed and built over 15 branding identities for startups and well-established firms and companies. The branding included logo guidelines, color palettes, typography, the tone of communication, multimedia materials, etc.
- Created promo materials for smaller businesses to inform and draw the audience's attention.
- Designed packaging for an Australian company that sells premium dog food.
Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communication Design
Academy of Fine Arts - Split, Croatia
High School Diploma in Multimedia Design
School Of Design, Graphics, and Sustainable Construction - Split, Croatia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring