Verified Expert in Design
Rain is a UI/UX designer with nearly ten years of professional experience. She has worked with large businesses, such as Airstream, Arcadia Group, News UK, and KPMG. In recent years she has helped startups launch new products successfully and improve the usability of the existing products. Rain focuses on validating design ideas in the early stages of a product lifecycle to save time and money in the overall product development process.
Airstream | eCommerce Travel Editorial Website
Swyg | Hiring Management Dashboard
The Freelancer Club Social Platform and Job Board
UX/UI Design Mentor
- Mentored students changing their careers and getting into UX and UI design during the 9-month online course.
- Conducted one-on-one weekly video calls with students for detailed project feedback, real-world UX career advice, and setting weekly goals.
- Reviewed and marked project submissions; provided guidance through the capstone project, design sprint, and industry design project.
Theresa Neil Interface Design LLC
- Transformed intricate and voluminous data sets into a streamlined and easy-to-use data visualization tool, empowering financial investors to quickly and confidently gain valuable insights and make informed decisions.
- Optimized software performance by prioritizing visually high-risk transactions, empowering financial investigators to identify and halt fraudulent activities rapidly with unprecedented efficiency.
- Collaborated with Mastercard to conduct comprehensive stakeholder and user interviews, meticulously gathering feedback and insights to ensure the software met clients' and end users' precise needs and expectations.
- Designed an executive dashboard that enables swift identification of card and team activity trends, providing crucial insights at a glance. Offered tailored weekly or monthly reports for informed decision-making.
- Created dynamic interactive dashboards that enabled users to effortlessly unveil key information through various functionality while expertly distilling large data sets into easily digestible insights using powerful filters and intuitive charts.
- Worked with Mastercard's design systems and component libraries to develop visually stunning designs that adhere to brand guidelines while increasing the usability of graphs and charts components.
- Reduced the cost of investigating fraud and increased the detection of money laundering schemes after creating a B2B fintech Saas tool that tackles money laundering using a machine learning algorithm.
- Teamed closely with analysts to rapidly prototype the SaaS tool, validating key assumptions and ideas to create a highly sought-after tool that revolutionized how financial investors analyze and interpret complex data.
- Led the design project by creating a roadmap, allocating tasks to the multi-functional team, and running daily standups and other meetings, ensuring we delivered our MVP on time.
- Created an innovative B2C platform for graduates, offering a one-stop shop for streamlined resume uploads, skill assessments, and job applications. The platform's standout feature dramatically reduces hiring time for both parties.
- Conducted, analyzed, and acted upon remote user testing sessions, utilizing a data-driven and Agile methodology to iteratively improve designs based on feedback for an enhanced end-user experience.
- Advanced the company's design practice and mentored a junior UX designer by assigning tasks and providing constructive feedback and valuable resources for their continued growth in the industry.
- Developed the company's branding further by creating a component library from scratch, serving as the basis for their design system and allowing for easy growth.
- Provided guidance on UX design principles and recommended UX best practices while discussing the product strategy in team meetings with management and other team members.
- Built a fully clickable MVP to be tested with graduates seeking internships and entry-level positions based on their skills and assessments test results.
- Guided the team in developing a product strategy, vision, and design process as a senior designer and project lead, resulting in a comprehensive product requirement list, innovative feature ideas, and a strategic roadmap.
Agoro Carbon Alliance (backed by Yara International)
- Delivered a B2B2C SaaS carbon sequestration analysis tool, supporting farmers in implementing sustainable land use practices and receiving payments of over $9 million for carbon sequestration distribution.
- Conducted extensive industry research, collaborated with stakeholders to gather critical business requirements, and designed research hypotheses, which were subsequently validated through multiple weekly user testing sessions.
- Developed and iterated a clickable prototype based on comprehensive user and stakeholder feedback, resulting in a validated product that effectively simplifies complex concepts and features with a highly visual interface.
- Produced and updated comprehensive user journey maps, feature lists, research goals, and daily tasks, facilitating cross-functional collaboration and reducing communication gaps.
- Orchestrated multiple user testing sessions—from requirements gathering to rapid prototype iterations—resulting in a fully clickable prototype ready for MVP within a tight deadline.
- Increased the project success rate by communicating weekly research findings, prototype iterations, and future goals to senior management and stakeholders.
- Collaborated with international teams of researchers, designers, developers, and stakeholders, ensuring alignment of project and daily goals.
- Reduced development time by 15% and increased user satisfaction by 25% by developing a validated clickable prototype using rapid prototyping methodology—establishing Agoro as a pioneer in the carbon farming market.
- Designed a B2B dashboard from scratch, helping hiring managers find the best candidates out of a large pool of applicants, reducing hiring time by up to 50%.
- Created multiple onboarding flows for all Swyg's apps, such as the candidate experience, the recruiter hub, and interview practice. Increased the conversion rate by up to 20%.
- Performed regular remote user interviews, user testing, A/B tests on Swyg's dashboard and website, and other SaaS products to continuously improve the user experience and conversion rate.
- Sourced and managed other designer contractors as well as branding design agencies. Created a project brief for each, interviewed, and hired. During the project, I tracked progress, provided feedback, and ensured each project was delivered on time.
- Led multiple design projects simultaneously across a multi-functional team, including two SaaS products, onboarding flows, rebranding, and website relaunch.
- Delivered designs that simplify complex, unfamiliar concepts in bite-size steps, helping familiarize users with the new product faster and reducing friction in the process.
- Tested and iterated the existing B2C web and mobile app, incorporating customer feedback and needs into the designs. Increased user satisfaction and reduced friction by up to 43%.
- Built and maintained a design system from the ground up for both websites and web apps, ensuring scalable components and patterns.
- Continuously improved the usability and engagement of all Swyg products, including B2B, B2C web apps, and the website itself. This included adding new features based on user research and interview data.
Big Data Health
- Created component-based wireframes for a new healthcare and fitness app, which allowed for flexibility and growth in design and added functionalities.
- Designed multiple clickable prototypes for physicians, therapists, and other health organizations. Rapidly changed designs to match the branding of users with which the prototypes were being tested.
- Consulted the client and stakeholders on remote user testings, analyzing findings, pitch deck designs, layouts, and features.
- Designed a dashboard that enabled therapists to view the patients' progress, health reports, and assessments.
- Spearheaded the user research strategy. Conducted multiple user interviews resulting in user personas which helped focus the app design on solving real user needs and goals.
- Spearheaded the user testing sessions for a proposed MVP app, analyzed the data, and suggested improvements based on data, including optimized user journeys, better usability, new wireframe layout, and UI design patterns.
- Created component libraries and a design system for both apps and the back-end system to allow for future expansion and consistency.
- Designed two mobile apps for iOS and Android used by caregivers and family members to gain visibility into the care of patients. The apps help predict and prevent patient deterioration with 83% accuracy.
- Optimized and redesigned the existing management system used by Cera Care to improve medication compliance in older patients by 35%, reduced patient falls by 17%, reduced urinary problems by 47%, and infections by 15%.
- Worked on detailed wireframes from low-fidelity to high-fidelity prototypes, validating usability and design decisions prior to development, saving Cera time and money in the long run.
- Conducted accessibility user testing on mobile apps to ensure visually impaired users could successfully use the apps and complete critical tasks.
- Carried out accessibility user testing on mobile apps to ensure senior users with low-tech literacy could successfully use the apps and complete key tasks.
- Redesigned the complex and lengthy patient visit report to increase the completion rate, quality responses, and speed of completion, resulting in better data and reducing hospitalization rates by 52%.
Freelance at Profinda
- Designed a brand new B2B HR management SaaS platform for large enterprises such as KPMG, EY, and Deloitte.
- Created a component library and a design system used across all the company products.
- Assisted in creating a product roadmap for the next year, including features list, designs, and test plans to be incorporated in future releases.
- Unified several enterprises hiring user flows into a single, elegant flow that redefined and optimized the hiring process. The new flow was the backbone of the new product and revolutionized how enterprises manage their resources.
- Conducted remote and face-to-face user testing that validated new key features and flow, making the product unique in the market.
- Created multiple clickable prototypes used for user testings. Progressing the prototypes designs from low fidelity to high fidelity with each round of tests.
- Presented our design ideas, progress, and next steps in company meetings, involving a cross-functional team for feedback and ideas to help push the product forward.
- Created a fully customed component library that is both minimal and flexible enough, allowing the Airstream staff to create immersive content, mixing editorial and product data throughout.
- Designed an elegant user flow and architecture for the website that is user-friendly and intuitive.
- Developed a unique website concept editorially focused on product placements that stand out in the eCommerce industry. The site receives around 20,000 monthly visits.
- Built complex user flows such as international checkout and delivery, which include multiple delivery options based on location and user preferences.
- Helped create a new concept website which is an online magazine and travel guide that helps users navigate the lifestyle. It also serves as an outlet for the brand to sell related accessories made by other companies.
- Empowered a small editorial team to run a fully-featured magazine store that looks great on every device and provides total editorial creativity.
- Created a unique editorial eCommerce website that received high praise at the WordCamp for Publishers conference at the year of launch.
The Freelancer Club
- Conducted UX audit on existing user flows and existing designs. Highlighted friction points and suggested improvements that were implemented by the client and increased user engagement.
- Designed the new hiring dashboard, allowing users to manage applicants, view portfolios, and chat with and find the right candidates for their projects.
- Introduced new features specifically designed for the creative industry, such as creating a project mood board to communicate the project's creative direction better.
- Redesigned the website layout, look, and feel to a more modern design that appeals to creative users.
- Created a clickable prototype based on the improved user flow for posting a project, which included new features. The successful prototype was then developed into the current platform.
- Created a white-label design system that could easily adapt to Arcadia's seven retail brands and their unique style guides.
- Designed a brand new B2C eCommerce platform and ensured a smooth migration of Arcadia's brands from their own system into it.
- Designed new features and conducted remote user testing, leading to the implementation of successful features.
- Collaborated closely with designers, developers, and business analysts to ensure requirements were met on time and the migration to the new system was successful.
- Presented new features and project progress weekly to the stakeholders in company-wide meetings.
- Designed A/B tests that consistently improved the site usability and increased conversion.
- Created new designs for the store's point of sale (POS) app that increased customer satisfaction and sales.
- Redesigned the checkout user flows to reduce friction and increase conversion.
- Optimized UI elements and overall layouts, including filters and product descriptions, to increase user engagement.
- Merged the existing desktop and mobile sites into a single, fully responsive website. The new website receives over 14.4 million visits from 6.3 million unique visitors and over 100,000 applications every day from more than 30,000 recruiters.
- Optimized the user flows and site architecture to increase the site usability and conversion rate of job seekers and job and course posters.
- Improved the overall site experience by conducting user research, stakeholder workshops, and focus groups.
- Presented new features, designs, and overall progress at company-wide meetings. Defended design decisions with research data and aligned stakeholders with the website direction.
- Mentored junior UX and UI designers on topics such as conducting user testing, layout designs, increasing usability, presenting designs, and more.
- Led the UX design team in weekly synchronization meetings, aligning on the direction and increasing collaboration and communication across all scrums.
- Led design discoveries and stakeholder workshops, uncovering opportunities for growth, and designing new features and experiences across the user journey.
- Conducted user research resulting in personas that translate across the entire business offerings, including courses, career advice, and more.
- Optimized user flows and user journeys resulting in increased user engagement and satisfaction as measured by the CX team and analysts.
House of Kaizen
- Increased conversion rates of checkout processes by up to 28% for companies such as News UK, Thistle Hotels, Avis, and Immediate Media.
- Designed a new CMS hub for News UK to increase sales of memberships for The Times and The Sunday Times.
- Created customized landing pages to increase conversion for Avis Latin America campaigns.
- Conducted UX audits on existing websites, landing pages, and checkout forms. Designed A/B testing variables based on my audits that increased conversion.
- Worked closely with CRO consultants, designing testing strategies, monitoring tests progress, and presenting results to clients.
- Designed a mobile app that served as a travel guide and journal during pilgrims' journeys in Israel.
- Created wireframes and clickable prototypes for various clients to test before development.
- Conducted remote and face-to-face user tests and interviews for various clients to validate ideas and obtain user feedback.
Master's Degree in Product Design
Metropolitan University - London, United Kingdom
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
Westminster University - London, United Kingdom
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring