Samuel J. Horodezky
Verified Expert in Design
Samuel is the type of guy who can take a complicated mess—fully drawing upon his many years of design and leadership experience in UX process and strategy—and figure out how to fix it. During his more than 15-year career, he’s worked primarily at two large companies but he retains the mindset of an entrepreneur. Samuel possesses extensive experience both as an individual contributor and in more formal management roles.
Director of User Experience
- Translated complex business requirements into modern and simple user experiences.
- Worked on multiple marketing-related web applications including marketing operations, customer segmentation, and digital marketing deployment.
- Managed and owned the UX strategy, UX roadmap, and the development of the UX concepts.
- Managed a team of more than ten designers.
- Conducted onsite ethnographic research.
- Collected extensive user feedback (both remotely and in-person).
- Conducted an extensive market analysis of competitors.
Senior Manager of Human Factors
- Designed two complete mobile user interfaces from soup to nuts.
- Was awarded six patents from USPTO.
- Built numerous internal web-based UIs including a timecard system and a visitor check-in system.
- Directed a program of mobile innovation to inspire and predict future mobile usage.
- Designed and specified Windows-based software.
- Managed a team of 15 designers.
- Instituted a rigorous UX defect management and quality control process.
Master of Science Degree in Cognitive Science
University of California, San Diego - La Jolla, CA, USA
Bachelor of Science Degree in Cognitive Psychology
McGill University - Montreal, Quebec, Canada