Regina, SK, Canada
Member since April 6, 2017
Scott has over a decade of experience in UX/UI design and front-end development—working on everything from large-scale government and public sector sites to applications for startups and small businesses. He's also completed his user experience (UX) certification with Nielsen Norman Group and is a Google Analytics certified professional. Scott brings a strong background in strategy, research, design, and development to every project.
- President | UX/UI Designer2013 - PRESENTBenson IXD
Technologies: Photoshop, Sketch, Axure, Custom WordPress Development
- Conducted business development.
- Created the web and mobile concept and strategy, the information architecture (IA), user experience (UX), the user interface (UI), and interaction design (IxD) for various clients.
- Implemented custom development.
- Advised and strategized on Google Analytics strategy.
- Provided client training and support.
- Built up the entire design experience (strategy, information architecture (IA), user experience (UX), user interface (UI), and interaction design (IxD) for several clients: a public-facing large university website, a virtual reality simulation system for a national police museum, a show home finder tool for a high-end property developer, and for a large public library website with multiple large database integrations.
- Interactive Designer2011 - 2013Look Agency
Technologies: Photoshop, Joomla, Magento, Shopify
- Managed the interactive department at a busy advertising agency. Duties included client consultations, interactive strategy, UX design, UI design, front-end development, testing, client training, support, maintenance, and billing.
- Built up the entire design experience (strategy, information architecture (IA), user experience (UX), user interface (UI), and interaction design (IxD) for several clients: a variety of government and public sector websites, including the provincial court system and a number of small business and private sector websites.
- Implemented workflow and best practices within the interactive department.
- Handled system and server maintenance and overall IT management.
- Lead Web Designer | Front-end Developer2010 - 2011iQmetrix Software Development
- Managed the eCommerce company division—serving wireless retail clients across North America.
- Designed and developed eCommerce websites built on a proprietary platform; served clients across North America.
- Worked on the front-end development team for an interactive retail kiosk-based retail system.
- Led user testing and research for the interactive retail system.
- Audio Tester | Assistant Sound Designer2005 - 2006Electronic Arts
Technologies: Bug-tracking Software, Xbox One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, PC, Pro Tools, Wwise
- Executed audio quality assurance testing on several game titles, including NHL 06, NBA Live 06, FIFA 06, and FIFA Manager 06.
- Implemented audio editing and sound design on the multi-platform game, NHL 06.
- Led quality-assurance testing for the multi-platform game, FIFA Manager 06.
- Certification in Google AdWords2016 - 2016Google - Mountain View, CA, USA
- Certification in Google Analytics2016 - 2016Google - Mountain View, CA, USA
- Diploma in Web Technology2009 - 2010BCIT - Burnaby, Canada
- Diploma in Sound for Visual Media2003 - 2004Vancouver Film School - Vancouver, Canada
- Certified Expert in Pro Tools2003 - 2004Avid - Burlington, MA, USA
- Diploma in Music Technology2000 - 2001Grant MacEwan College - Edmonton, Canada
- Google AnalyticsAUGUST 2017 - PRESENT
- UX Certification (Interaction Design Specialty)AUGUST 2017 - PRESENTNielsen Norman Group