Verified Expert in Design
Sebastian has over half a decade of experience in the design of enterprise-level tools for users worldwide. Leading the consulting unit at Ushahidi, the award-winning nonprofit software company, he designed products used by the world’s largest NGOs to fight corruption and save lives. Sebastian worked for Nokia, the Red Cross, and the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation. He also owned the design of OpenExplorer.com, a blog for citizen scientists acquired by National Geographic in 2018.
Magner Series: Cello | UI, UX, Illustration Design
Burner Machine | Web, UX, UI Design
OfficeAccord | UI, UX Design
- Worked directly with clients and development teams to create interfaces for new products.
- Conducted UX research and consulted on methods and strategies to improve existing tools.
- Created comprehensive design systems and style guides for large desktop, web, and mobile products.
- Designed new interaction paradigms for innovative products.
Solutions Team Managers and UI Designer
- Led the consulting unit at Ushahidi, an award-winning data collection, mapping, and visualization non-profit software company.
- Managed a team of remote developers and project managers.
- Designed digital interfaces for international NGOs and universities, including Conservation International, World Vision, the Red Cross, and Tufts University.
- Gave talks on technology and innovation at conferences in eight countries, notably for the European Commission in Brussels.
User Interface Designer
- Directed design and implemented the front end of Ushahidi's custom external projects.
- Designed UI/UX and developed the front end.
- Worked with a remote development team and collaborated with external stakeholders.
- Collaborated with clients including Al Jazeera, World Vision, the Institute for the Future, IFES, Peace Earth, OpenROV, CFE-DMHA, Conservation International, and Index on Censorship.
CXL Certified Optimizer