Madison, WI, United States
Member since June 1, 2017
Shammer has close to a decade of experience working as a brand and digital designer. His experience with visual design, web design, print design, and animation have established him as a useful force wherever he is able to serve. His work ranges from for-profit to nonprofit sectors—designing identities and websites for startups as well as various religious organizations.
- Owner | Designer2015 - PRESENTBoldlegacy
Technologies: Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, Photoshop, InVision, After Effects, WordPress
- Worked at Boldlegacy, a freelance/contractor practice.
- Specialized in creating brand design systems: logo design, brand collateral, and website design.
- Partnered with other agencies as a contractor—diving directly into user experience and interface design.
- Led the user flow and experience design for a music sharing app.
- Led the rebranding process for one of the leading confection distributors in the Southeast. The project included their new logo, brand collateral, and vehicle wraps.
- Led design projects as a contractor for different agencies.
- Visual Designer2015 - 2015Whiteboard
Technologies: Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, InVision
- Focused on the design of websites and logo designs for various clients.
- Supported, for a brief time, the development as a junior developer to complete a few websites. The brief period explains my desire to pursue an independent venture—now Boldlegacy.
- Led the logo and website design process for an organization aimed to improve the quality of life for the most disadvantaged.
- Worked on the design of landing pages for one of the most popular food chains in the USA.
- Worked on the design of different website pages, aligning with the established aesthetic that was at once designed by the company.
- Branded and redesigned the website for an organization that provides health resources to highly remote villages.
- Multidisciplinary Designer2013 - 2015Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale
Technologies: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, HTML, CSS, WordPress
- Supported the needs of the various ministries/sub-organizations of the church. Examples included the conceptualization, development, and design of campaigns, installations & environments, and explainer animations.
- Led the design for many of the organization's marketing campaigns.
- Acquired the role of web designer and front-end developer after pursuing the career independently. Served the organization in the design and then the development of various pages in their then redesign.
- Designed and animated assets for an animated campaign to be watched by over 20,000 people.
- Worked as a team to produce many of the weekly and bi-weekly marketing pieces that would be communicated throughout different campuses.
- Worked on the design of environmental signage for the multiple campuses.
- Graphic Designer2010 - 2013EF Church
Technologies: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects
- Worked closely with the church’s leadership to conceptualize, develop, and design event campaigns and video announcements.
- Served as a brand manager—ensuring that the elements of the brand and collateral elsewhere was consistent and effective in its messaging.
- Worked on animated announcement pieces that would communicate upcoming events on a bi-weekly basis.
- Designed a website aimed to communicate "the who" of the organization as well as upcoming events and latest sermons.
- Created a consistent visual narrative throughout all the different collateral.
- Designed a workbook series that aimed to communicate different biblical practices as well as the church's initiatives.
- Completed credits towards a bachelor's degree in Electronic Media, Graphic Design2008 - 2012New World School of the Arts | University of Florida - Miami, Fl, USA