Verified Expert in Design
Tom is a vision-oriented product design leader who places a strong emphasis on communication and collaboration. Beyond design, he is an international speaker and Techstars mentor with experience driving businesses forward. One of his key strengths is empathy, and he prioritizes user-centric design, understanding the needs of end users and aligning them with business goals. Tom can communicate his ideas and vision clearly and effectively across the board.
Product Development Marketplace
Freelance Product Designer | UX/UI | Management
- Successfully launched multiple innovative products that improved user experience.
- Mentored and trained junior designers to grow professionally and increase team productivity.
- Conducted user research for various clients to create user-centric designs.
- Managed stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery within timelines and budgets.
- Wore multiple hats as a product designer, UX designer, app designer, and project manager to increase project efficiency.
- Developed design systems to ensure design consistency and branding.
- Created and managed design sprints to speed up the product development process.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to align design goals and deliver successful products.
- Collected user and stakeholder feedback to prioritize product features and enhance user adoption and engagement.
- Worked with data scientists to design AI-powered features that improved user satisfaction.
- Established design systems and guidelines for a consistent user experience.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to deliver the product on time and within budget.
- Addressed ethical and privacy concerns when using the AI and implemented privacy and security measures to gain user trust.
Senior Product Designer
Rocket Lawyer, Ltd.
- Conducted UX research.
- Designed UI/UX.
- Defined user journeys and story maps.
- Designed services.
- Oversaw user testing.
Chief Product Officer
- Conducted comprehensive product research and discovery to inform design decisions, resulting in client satisfaction.
- Successfully managed and mentored a team of designers that increased project efficiency.
- Conducted extensive user research, gathering feedback from dozens of users and stakeholders and implementing changes that led to a 20% decrease in user errors.
- Designed and facilitated sprint workshops and planning sessions, leading to a significant increase in project completion time.
- Managed stakeholder requirements, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of project milestones and resulting in an increase in stakeholder satisfaction.
Lead UX/UI Designer
- Redesigned the PhoneGap MVP to the new iOS 7 look.
- Designed the app user experience.
- Designed the user interface.
- Worked as part of a team on product design.
- Redesigned and coded the company and product website.
Lead Designer, Business Owner
- Designed responsive websites.
- Designed and developed WordPress themes.
- Handled client branding and visual identity design.
- Designed UI/UX for native mobile apps.
- Designed and implemented eCommerce pages.
- Developed front-end features in HTML, CSS, and JS.
Graphic and Web Designer
- Designed branding, logos, and visual identity.
- Worked on website design, newsletters, and online marketing.
- Handled promotional apparel design (e.g., t-shirts).
- Created print designs, including posters, flyers, brochures, advertising equipment, and roll-up banners.
- Managed press quality control.
Coursework in Computer Graphics
Polytechnic of Zagreb - Zagreb, Croatia