Verified Expert in Design
Tommy is an award-winning designer with 20 years of product design experience. His past clients include Activision, GE, Disney, Colgate-Palmolive, The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), and many startups. Tommy is passionate about problem solving, web technology, playing with his kids, and trail running with Arlo, his dog.
VP of Brand
Moonshot at Northern Arizona Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology
- Rebranded the Flagstaff based business incubator formerly known as NACET. The purpose of the rebrand was to inspire innovators and entrepreneurs. The name Moonshot is based on the President John F Kennedy proclamation of sending a man to the moon. When the goal was stated no one knew if it was possible, but very smart men and women solved the millions of little problems along the way that actually achieved the goal. This is very similar process to creating a viable business.
- The rebrand culminated in a successful launch of the base branding logo and accompanying branding elements.
- Designed and supervised the development of the website and other digital initiatives.
- Contributed to the business side of the organization by assisting to re-imagine the curriculum for programs, created events, and established a mentor network.
- Grew the program by 16 new startups (280% increase) in the past year.
Design Lead | Owner
Made with Math
- Founded this four-person design studio in 2012 specializing in user-focused interface and experience design solutions.
- Designed a big data web analytics application for Compellon, Inc.
- Completed a microsite project for GE Healthcare.
- Designed and developed an interactive paddle-ball game for a Reliant Energy online ad campaign.
- Won a couple design awards for beer packaging.
- Collaborated directly with clients to understand their needs and crafted well-designed solutions.
Interaction Designer (Contract)
AllDigital (now Brevity)
- Created mobile applications for broadcast clients (Cox Communications, Rogers, Adobe, etc.).
- Served as the principal designer on all mobile projects over a two year contract.
- Worked with clients to digest their needs. Defined the required features to meet those needs and then designing the UX, UI and deliverables.