Vasile B Tiplea
Verified Expert in Design
Vasile is a distinguished product innovator and design leader with 20+ years of experience in product, user experience, and interface design; project management; and product launch. He leverages a history of success and recognition as an integral part of award-winning product launches at Colgate, Samsung, Bose, Westfield, BCBG Maxazria group, and others. Vasile has a strong background in client relationship management to cultivate strategic partnerships and consistent customer-based growth.
Head of Design
- Served as head of design and global brand manager at Colgate Palmolive, leading the product design for Hills To Home and building the creative team.
- Orchestrated interdisciplinary, distributed teams to establish a unified design ecosystem.
- Became a brand ambassador for Colgate's Hill's To Home brand.
Chief Product Officer
- Championed key mobile, tablet, and web design projects for multiple major clients, earning 30+ awards from senior leadership during tenure, including the “Digital Agency of the Year" award.
- Facilitated the design and streamlining of user experiences, user interface design, and interactive prototyping for various products from inception to launch.
- Maintained daily communication with iOS and Android developers, front-end and back-end teams, and the marketing department to execute projects within the assigned deadlines.
- Led the product development, quality assurance, and launch cycle for all in-house digital products.
- Conducted website audit for ZeeMaps and provided tangible next steps for short-term and long-term improvements.
- Developed wireframes as an integral part of the user experience design process for the front-facing website and SaaS platform.
- Created sitemaps, user personas, and visual interface designs for their marketing website and SaaS platform.
Advertise Purple, Inc
- Conducted complete website and SaaS platform audit for their current products.
- Crafted impactful wireframes that successfully steered the product direction toward a more user-friendly experience.
- Created user interfaces for their SaaS platform as an extension of their branding system.
- Designed a comprehensive fintech SaaS platform for a client's startup, encompassing wireframes and final designs.
- Revamped client's onboarding and signup process, crafting unique features and experiences to enhance user-friendliness.
- Conducted light competitive and qualitative research to help inform the visual design direction.
- Designed several dashboards that monitored water treatment plants.
- Conducted quantitative and qualitative research and synthesized data into empathy maps and personas.
- Designed the user experience design and user interface designs for various flows.
Head of Product Design
- Administered leadership throughout the research and discovery stages of product development, driving the design of UX/UI and prototyping for mobile, Mac, Windows, and web.
- Performed a key role in developing the company’s brand and industry identity through diligent oversight and management of the development process from start to finish—earning the Gold Winner Award from Muze Creative Awards.
- Built the user experience design with annotated wireframes.
- Created the user interface design across web, Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android.
- Led the development team and quality assurance efforts in launching Vabotu.
- Led the marketing and soft launch of the Vabotu platform.
Director of Product UI/UX
- Awarded WMA for the best food industry mobile application by playing a key role in creating, designing, developing, and launching the company's leading mobile application, website, and motion graphics promo.
- Conducted research and designed the user experience and interface design.
- Worked closely with the development team to ensure the delivery of a quality product upon launch.
Director of Product Design
- Streamlined and architected innovative solutions for UI/UX development within an international organization, leveraging strong analytical and research skills to manage projects from start to finish.
- Created high-fidelity wireframes and annotated screen-flows.
- Designed the user interface design for mobile, tablet, and web.
- Worked closely with the development team to ensure the outcome of a quality product post-production.
- Oversaw and trained designers throughout my tenure.
Senior UI/UX Designer
- Translated business marketing requirements into best-in-class products for a multi-billion-dollar company resulting in greater awareness, positive user feedback, and increased consumption.
- Handled projects like WatchON App for Samsung Galaxy S 4, Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note 10.1., social media including Facebook, Twitter, and Google Play, Community sites including the Samsung WatchON Blog and Forum, and TV UI screens.
- Worked closely with product, partnerships, merchandising, and marketing by providing visual designs, mockups, and prototypes to create industry-leading UX and UI across mobile, tablet, the web, and tv.
- Designed innovative digital products for high-profile clients, including Verizon, BBC Worldwide, Name That Tune Univision, US Cellular, Tracfone, Net10, Straight Talk, and Cricket.
- Developed and maintained UI/UX experiences, personas, design mockups, and usage scenarios for Sports Wiz, Music Wiz, Name That Tune, and Tone Room Deluxe across mobile and social platforms.
- Created digital storefront design, mobile UI, in-app merchandising campaigns, and marketing campaigns for Tracfone and US Cellular.
- Collaborated with the marketing and development team to create usable, accessible, and modular designs that can scale to millions of users.
Senior Lead Designer
- Created what became the 2013 award-winning best mobile international business iPhone, iPad app, app icon, and wap storefront for iHerb brand.
- Designed the UI/UX, wireframes, sitemap flow, functionality wireframes, and user experience flow for both the iPhone and iPad apps.
- Worked closely with the development and programming team throughout the process.
- Developed web and print collateral, including email blasts, e-newsletters, direct mail pieces, and print advertisements streamlined with the current Westfield brand.
- Designed the mobile and web experience for Herve Leger properties.
- Worked on UX flows for the Lola brand at BCBG and created lookbooks for their spring, summer, fall, and winter clothing lines.
Visual Graphic Designer
BCBG Max Azria Group
- Contributed to visual directives for BCBGeneration, Max Azria, Herve Leger, and Lola Max Rave divisions Canada, Japan, France, and United States.
- Created the fashion catalog's and website's layout and design.
- Created responsive designs across UX and UI for the Lola brand.
Master's Degree in Design Thinking
Stanford University Graduate School of Business - Stanford, CA, USA
Bachelor of Science Degree in Graphic Design
Art Institute of Orange County - Santa Ana, California