- Founding PartnerFirstrock Capital2013 - PRESENT
Focus areas: Financial Technology, M&A, Investment Thesis, Financial Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Business Plan Development
- Invested in 50 global tech companies that have raised $150 million in capital; realized four exits, two to Box and Twilio prior to IPO.
- Invested early into eventual Y Combinator standouts Arthena (raised $1.2 million), Authy (raised $3.1 million, acquired by Twilio), Bluesmart (raised $25.6 million), Cambly (raised $7 million), and Streem (acquired by Box). Also invested early into Meural (raised $9.3 million), Snappr (raised $2.4 million), and Studio (raised $1.3 million).
- Worked with portfolio companies in product, business development, fundraising, and financial strategy.
- Built a statistical platform for portfolio companies to analyze data sets such as growth trends across cohorts, profiles of strongest clients, client actions most associated with long-term engagement, the impact of product updates on growth and engagement, and returns on investment based on capital structure and funding needs.
- Closed group of global business leaders as initial limited partners (LPs) and worked with several of them to strengthen the data and financial strategies of their own multinational financial and industrial companies.
- Financial Analyst | Project LeaderNERA Economic Consulting2005 - 2011
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Valuation
- Conducted statistical and financial analyses and led project teams directly under the chairman of the global securities practice to help US and European clients including financial institutions and consumer product and technology companies with challenges including M&A transactions worth over $10 billion and restructuring of over $3 billion in global subsidiaries.
- Conducted analyses in derivatives modeling, econometrics, valuation and client population evolution.
- Led senior business development strategy sessions and firm-wide R&D projects on the implications of market events such as the subprime collapse, reporting to the firm's clients.
- Created expert reports and presentations to communicate results of analyses to clients' senior management, attorneys, and the courts if the case occurred in the context of legal actions.
- Financial AnalystAmaranth2000 - 2002
Focus areas: Derivative Pricing, Risk Models, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Analyzed pricing and risk parameters for options and convertible bonds alongside fund portfolio managers.
- Modeled macro-arbitrage opportunities, high-frequency volatility, derivatives payoff, and restructuring.