Consultant2015 - PRESENTPerez Consulting
- Advised companies on digital and mobile product management, marketing, revenue channel, go-to-market strategy, user experience optimization, and interface design.
- Worked with various clients including Freddie Mac, AARP, Brightfield, Pulse Platform, TI PEOPLE, Hook Mobile, Piñata, Icarus Lived, InformedXP.
- Worked with organizations of all shapes and sizes, across industries.
Vice President of Product Management and Business Development2020 - 2021Piñata
- Launched the Piñata: Make Rent Reward app on iOS and Android to respective app stores.
- Led the product design and development teams through sprint execution.
- Advanced the post-launch product roadmap to optimizing the financial health of all users.
- Drove the initiative to establish a foundational data platform to enable data-driven product decisions.
- Created the rewards experience, and led new business and partnership development to source amazing rewards.
Executive Product | Technology Advisor2019 - 2020Icarus Lived, Inc.
- Built the product from prototype to MVP beta launch to v1 production release.
- Developed the user experience and content strategy along with product requirements and roadmaps.
- Created a growth-marketing strategy focused on onboarding 500,000 users in the first calendar year.
- Created financial models and market comparisons for P&L, MAUs, and valuation.
- Led the product design team and user research initiatives towards the MVP.
Head of Product2017 - 2018TI People
- Defined and developed TI People’s first software product.
- Advised the CEO on the product strategy and roadmap creation.
- Defined the customer-centered design strategy and developed a co-creation program.
- Worked with a multinational co-creation group to define the vision and scope of digital HR product based on the needs of the customer.
- Sourced, screened, and selected vendors and technology partners for new product development.
- Owned the digital marketing and demand generation for the new product launch.
Chief Product Officer2017 - 2018Pulse Platform
- Took ownership over Pulse Platform products and led the concept creation, development, and launch of product iterations and new features.
- Collaborated with C-level stakeholders to build and shepherd the product vision and priorities across the company.
- Partnered with the CTO to provide coverage on leading on/offshore software development and quality assurance teams.
- Oversaw the product design vision and partnered with a design lead to execution.
- Led the product design team to innovate the user experience and interface.
- Owned and maintained the near and longterm product roadmap.
- Integrated customer discovery, usability studies, and quantitative analysis into the product development cycles.
Consultant2017 - 2017Hook Mobile
- Collaborated with the executive leadership to develop and refine the vision for a new product initiative.
- Developed wireframes and designs to articulate new product concepts.
- Created presentations and marketing materials for pitching new product concepts to prospective customers.
- Conducted a full market analysis to inform the direction of the concept vision and inform the marketing message.
- Pitched the concept to prospective clients.
- Created an interactive prototype of the concept.
Director of New Product Innovation2016 - 2017Digital Turbine
- Led two new product initiatives to develop proof-of-concept products for personalized notifications and mobile gaming.
- Developed the strategic approach to advance data analytics and led data science and engineering teams through a roadmap of identified initiatives.
- Guided the product and design teams through product road-mapping exercises to define the business’s 2017 roadmap and product strategy.
- Partnered with project management teams to implement an agile/scrum product process within the organization.
- Developed and managed the requirements for various initiatives.
Lead Consultant of Mobile Product and Digital Strategy2015 - 2016AARP
- Partnered with the marketing team to define the business case and go-to-market strategy.
- Collaborated with AARP advertising units to create a mobile revenue strategy.
- Established a communication strategy to promote user acquisition, increase engagement, and drive membership signups and renewals.
- Implemented a mobile payment system that seamlessly connected users to vendors and produced the infrastructure that other product lines benefited from.
- Guided an external creative agency in their efforts to flesh out the design and user experience specifications.
- Helped form a focused editorial team to develop content that reflected AARP’s social mission and the real-time feel of the app’s experience.
- Led a development team through the technical requirement definition phase to product release.
Senior Digital Portfolio Manager | Mobile Product Manager2012 - 2015USA Today
- Led the product portfolio management for all of USA Today's core mobile and tablet applications—ensuring product managers, designers, editorial, marketing, and other key stakeholders were working in sync to execute on the digital strategy and correct the course as issues arose.
- Managed a new product development team in launching products such as USA Today for Apple Watch, USA Today Audio, Your Take, and Broadway’s Best.
- Partnered with revenue teams to create and implement innovative native, high-impact programmatic advertising.
- Translated growth and portfolio strategies into annual initiatives and business requirements documents for all platform products.
- Established success metrics and partnered as appropriate to evaluate success and ensure the achievement of Mobile P&L.
- Led the product management process for USA Today iOS core mobile and tablet applications.
- Partnered with product marketing to develop strategic and data-driven plans for new mobile products and features.
- Worked closely with development and design teams to structure and evolve products around an optimal-and-unified user experience.
- Translated short-term growth and product strategy into a set of annual initiatives, roadmaps, and product requirements documents.
- Established success metrics and evaluation process.
- Managed key stakeholder relationships to ensure alignment on timelines and business goals.
Product Manager2009 - 2012AT&T
- Managed and was the point of contact for the entire lifecycle of the ideation, execution, delivery, and support of mobile applications and content management platforms for client-facing audiences.
- Led product development, implementation, and product support for strategic technology initiatives for mobile applications.
- Managed the development of iOS applications that utilized data content display, dashboards, and GPS location features.
- Supervised cross-functional teams; including directly managing a team of developers through the production process.
- Assessed the market industry and needs to develop recommendations based on mobile app best practices to strategically implement and advise partners and users on how to maximize the value of the products.
Technical Lead2005 - 2009CACI
- Developed, designed, and managed teams that supported internal and external websites for DOD clients.
- Mastered multiple web software environments to support superior customer interaction and developed content that assisted in the enforcement of the client’s strategic plans.
- Managed the entire development lifecycle of web-based content management systems, performed product presentations, constructed training material, and taught courses to introduce and train organization members on the specific benefits of the technologies.
- Directed 20+ content contributors by providing project and technical guidance.
- Engaged in the creation of technical solutions and strategy development.
Web Developer2004 - 2005Gryphon Technologies
- Supported web technology initiatives of the United States Navy to customize products specifically to meet the client’s requirements.